VR

Crims

Wethermon
These two games are basically the future of the supposed "metaverse". A platform for user made experiences, and playing with friends. More of a game version of the VR game 'VR Chat'.

(links below)

Crims

Wethermon
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
There's no trailer for S&Box yet, though if you do see footage this is it at the moment.

Last edited:

Crims

Wethermon
There aren't a lot of VR clans yet, though I have a hunch that as adults this will be the go-to for us in the future. Less memorisation of retro gamepads (though I still want to use them tbh)

Crims

Wethermon
A lot of new Alyx mods.

Crims

Wethermon
Besides Meta, the VR industry is thriving in Japan and will slowly make its way here. There's a thriving culture there, with Sony leading the mainstream charge with Playstation VR 2.
For developers, this is a 'Playstation 1' moment, a new console and innovation seeking environment.

Last edited:

Crims

Wethermon
More up-to-date news on Playstation's role in bringing VR to mainstream:
A variety of VR updates are coming for free on PS VR2

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I liked VR as a demo, but I wouldn't want to play a whole game with it. I couldn't wear that headset all the time.

Crims

Wethermon
I liked VR as a demo, but I wouldn't want to play a whole game with it. I couldn't wear that headset all the time.
I'm going to say that VR isn't the future, though its development means a lot in terms of the state of gaming. A lot of VR development encouraged non gamers into games.
Market wise, if Facebook leaves completely, then VR will have re-encouraged AAA games and games built for players.

Last edited:

Uncrowned

I keep looking at VR for fitness games. Like Beatsaber and such. Still don't want to pull the trigger and buy one, but each year I get closer.

Crims

Wethermon
I keep looking at VR for fitness games. Like Beatsaber and such. Still don't want to pull the trigger and buy one, but each year I get closer.
Sony is going for it. So I'd probably wait for that... though superhot looks good too.

Crims

Wethermon
I read this and remembered a bunch of times I wasn't ever interested in open world games. Does anyone else feel that way? I'm keeping it in the VR thread for now (I have a few things relating to VR here)

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Open world seem more of a faff than fun to me. I just like a linear story like Half-Life / Half-Life 2, with few side quests.

Crims

Wethermon
Same. My favourite open world games are the ones that are completely additive, for the exploration aspect. The genre itself has become not interesting. However, lineation of gameplay might suit VR particularly.
VR gaming for a Saints Row, for instance, would be much better than GTA. Gameplay, for one reason was much less about realism AND more about games.
Because no one asked: Open World games for a VR platform might work. Exploring in VR would be fantastic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom