What Does a 4D Klein Bottle Look Like?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Now, this one's very high on the nerd scale.

Klein bottles are actually 4D objects, so all we can see in real life are 3D shadows of them, like the physical glass one in the picture below. The intersection that we see isn't actually there in 4D space. Action Lab explains it all in the video below. Fascinating stuff.

Klein bottle.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The 4D Toys app used in the video is available for PC and smartphone, below. I've got a copy and found it to be intuitive and mindbending at the same time. Well worth the price of admission.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Totally high on the nerd scale :ROFLMAO:

As I was watching the video I couldn't help to think about one of the most dangerous highway intersections in the world, in the heart of Dallas, Texas. This highway intersection is known as the "High-Five Mix Master" to native's of the DFW (Dallas and Fort Worth) area and any Texan that has been on this highway. This is at the Interstates of I-75 (Central Expressway or as we refer to it as "Central Distress-way") and I-635 (aka as LBJ Freeway or Lyndon B. Johnson). I've added a picture and you can see why when I saw the clay model in your video, I immediately thought of this highway system.

Dallas I-635 intersecting with I-75  High-Five Mix Master.jpg

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This reminds me of Spaghetti Junction in Birmingham, England:

spaghettijunction.jpg

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Spaghetti Junction is a good name for a windy highway intersection :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom