Who Wants To Exercise??

Mars

Staff Member
If you ask me, my immediate answer is NOT ME! I know, it is good for you....it is healthy....gets your body moving....but who the hell wants to exercise?
But hey, I am also told that sitting a lot is bad for your heart, bad for your blood pressure, bad for the intricate workings of your whole system. But I still do not like exercising!
So, what do I do instead? I walk. Walking is easy, it's free, you do it in your own time, you choose the route, put one foot in front of the other, and off you go.
Oh there is this TV prog I gotta watch, starts in 30 minutes? No problems. Open your front door, set a reminder for 7 minutes. Alarm goes, turn around, back home you go, and you done your 14 minutes walk. I read 1/2 an hour walk per day, 5 days a week, is Good.
And when it's cold and miserable and I really don't want to go out? I still do (sometimes....), and I walk really fast to get home quickly, and there; I done a kudos-earning 'brisk' walk, nice one 😇

Arizona

I like to sprint to my chicken coops and walk through large shopping areas like Costco or Walmart :)

Of course, there are also people who walk, sprint, or jog while watching TV / streaming services, like using a treadmill or elliptical machine. And some standing-desk enthusiasts will use a treadmill on a slow walk setting.

Mars

Staff Member
Oh yeah, sprinting to your chicken coops, nice one, and Costco with its bargains(?) is tempting as well.

Nothing wrong in doing exercises while watching the box, only I like complete relaxation. But as such, it is a good idea, as it is all done all in one go.

Arantor

I need to figure out a way of getting more exercise into my routine - I work from home exclusively now, so I have no reason to go out for a walk, not even for something as trivial as around the block.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Walking is a great way to get your body moving, indeed....and I agree the simplest.

I think if your life is overwhelming and you haven't had a fitness routine in it for a long time, just start out slow, like @Mars said....5 minutes here and there, now becomes 15 minutes. Eventually, you can get to 20 minutes a day or more? Keeping cardio at 20 minutes a day is good enough for most. Some people over exercise too, which can have the opposite effect or outcome including raising cortisol levels, which is bad and counter productive.

Arizona

Or play dance music all day so that you eventually have no choice but to bust a move :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I also like to do a few squats during a break. They are my favorite "formal" exercise, and some busy people will even just do them in the shower.

Last edited:

Arizona

I hope to be that limber in my 70s, because I am certainly not that limber now :D

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
With healthy determination and the consciousness of seeing that goal, anything is possible.:)

Arizona

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back
Top Bottom