Why community forums like this one are still relevant

Retro

Founder
Staff member
This article from Invision Power Services, the makers of the Invision Community forum software makes for a pretty good argument for why forums like this one (and especially ones powered by their software...) will endure under the continuing onslaught of social media like Facebook and Instagram, funnily enough both owned by megacorp Meta.

I've put this post in the Your Hobbies and Interests section, because creating and running this forum is one of my hobbies and I agree with a lot of what the article says, having experienced these things myself. However, which software is best to run said forum is a matter of technical merit, opinion and choice.

Tiffany

Staff member
I thought I had replied to this... I actually read this article, not too long after you posted it. Yes, I agree. There's nothing that's better than a close-knit boutique vibe of a website that has nice people that gather together in friendship! :)

Tiffany

Staff member
Definitely, so many unique resources come from the best webmasters that project their vision with personal passion in their website creations.