Windows 10 - One year to go

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
There is now just one year left for Windows 10 support, after October 2025 there will be no further normal support for Windows 10. If your computer doesn't meet Microsoft's specifications for upgrade what do you do?

You have a number of options as outlined in this video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Geffers

Astro What

If your processor is decent (newer than last 5-6 years), you can use Rufus to upgrade to Windows 11.
I just upgraded several that failed the Microsoft check and they are older Pentium I5's with 16GB RAM.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Good to know about Window's 10. My mom's PC needs serious updating....a task that someone in my family is going to have to take on. 🤨 I'll keep in mind Rufus for the upgrade to Windows 11.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
@Astro What @Tiffany

I've just made this post for upgrading to the latest W11 24H2 on unsupported hardware, here:

Note that in my case, I'm still running on that old temporary i5-4590 CPU after the mobo that my 2700K sat in since 2011 died last December. Once the Intel Arrow Lake CPUs have been released later this month, I'll wait another month or two before upgrading to the latest generation, so all this workaround faff won't be necessary. In the meantime, I continue to run W10 as my daily driver and just have W11 on a separate HDD to play around with.

It's always best to wait before buying any new product so that price and availability can settle down and also any systemic problems with it are hopefully revealed before one parts with their hard earned cash.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Thank you for the direction to your thread for installing windows. I'll hop over there now. :)

Back
Top Bottom