Woman loses £650,000 injury claim after being pictured winning Christmas tree-throwing contest

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
It's chancers like this that put everyone's premiums up. This kind of fraud, like all other kinds, is not a victimless crime. Glad she got cought.

Kamila Grabska.jpg
Clearly, this poor woman could barely stand due to pain, so threw large, heavy trees as part of physio exercises.

A woman who tried to claim €760,383 (£649,967) for injuries she suffered in a car crash lost her case after she was pictured winning a Christmas tree-throwing contest.

Kamila Grabska, 36, said she was left with a ‘‘disabling’’ condition following an accident in February 2017 when the vehicle she was in was hit from behind.

She had sued RSA Insurance on the basis that she could not work for more than five years, play with her children or carry out basic chores because of constant back and neck pain.

But the Irish High Court, sitting in Limerick, was shown a photo in a national newspaper of her hurling a spruce tree on Jan 8 2018, during her hearing.

Mrs Grabska argued that while she looked happy in the pictures from the charity event, she was still suffering from her injuries and endured pain to this day.

But Judge Carmel Stewart threw out the case and remarked that the “very graphic picture” of her tossing the tree had helped her make the decision.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
This story made national news in the US. I saw it on the news yesterday morning while on my treadmill and laughed....of course, this story was reported first right here on NerdZone!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Wow, I didn't expect to be first with the news lol. I'm not surprised the story exploded. Hopefully, it will put off some wannabes from trying it on.

Back
Top Bottom