2021's Biggest Breakthroughs in Maths, Computer Science and Physics

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Go deep nerd with this.

We have so much advanced maths, computer science and physics knowledge nowadays, that it's easy to forget that we've still only just scratched the surface of all possible knowledge. Indeed, knowledge may be infinite for all we know.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@PhysicsGuy, this next video is especially for you.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mars

Staff Member
Indeed kn
Indeed, knowledge may be infinite for all we know.
I also believe that knowledge is infinite. The more we know, the more we realize that this knowledge raises questions about what else is there.......and we build theories, and try to prove them, sometimes we fail, sometimes we succeed; but I doubt that we shall ever have complete knowledge and understanding of everything.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Agree, totally.

Now, the thing that gets me, is what are we completely unable to comprehend?! Or the "unknown unknowns". Just like an animal, say a cat, can have no comprehension of a black hole or something abstract like maths, there must also be limits to what the human mind can comprehend regardless of how bright someone is. And indeed, I have an example of one: higher dimensional space. Starting with the fourth dimension, we can't comprehend a fourth direction at a right angle to all the others, although we can calculate higher dimensions and some of their properties, which go to infinity.

Back
Top Bottom