Base editing: revolutionary therapy clears girl's incurable cancer

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This is absolutely epic, a real advance in curing cancer. This make me so happy!

This 13 year old girl now has her full life ahead of her where previously, all they could do was make her last days "comfortable".

I've had several friends die of cancer, so I know just how awful it is, so the sooner it's beaten the better.

A teenage girl's incurable cancer has been cleared from her body in the first use of a revolutionary new type of medicine.
All other treatments for Alyssa's leukaemia had failed.
So doctors at Great Ormond Street Hospital used "base editing" to perform a feat of biological engineering to build her a new living drug.
Six months later the cancer is undetectable, but Alyssa is still being monitored in case it comes back.

If there was ever a time to donate to a cancer charity to help beat cancer, it's now.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Wow!! What an inspiring story of a courageous young girl and the amazing treatment she received from custom base editing designed to eradicate her cancer. She had a very difficult cancer to overcome too.

I'm sorry you've lost friends from cancer....we've lost friends and family from cancer too. I hope this treatment takes off and can help a lot of people get well or at least have some quality of life to live.

Back
Top Bottom