BBC - Question of Sport Theme

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Now here's an unlikely addition to my collection. I've always liked this theme tune, but on today's news that A Question of Sport has stopped production after 50 years, I thought I'd Google for the theme tune - and it's a doozy. Very good apart from a hard left at 1:06 which spoils it a bit. At 2:39 it's a decent length for a theme tune, too.

From Wikipedia:
There have been four theme tunes over the years. The current theme was introduced in the mid-1980s and has been remixed and updated several times since that time, most recently in 2021.

Bop to it here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I never watched the show, but still feel a little sorry that it's stopped production. Perhaps because I like the theme tune? 50 years is a helluva good run, no?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Ok, just noticed something a bit unpleasant about this tune which now makes it a bit hard to listen to.

I hunted down a used compliation CD of this (at a premium price no less) to get the best possible quality audio of it. Noticed an odd high pitched sqeaking type sound going along with the music at certain points. Played the YouTube version again and noticed it there too, but less prominently as it's a lower quality recording. Now I can't stop hearing it and it's pretty annoying. I'd love to know why they put annoyances like this in music.

Have a listen and let it ruin it for you.

Back
Top Bottom