Chess bot breaks boy's finger

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Happened in Russia. You couldn't make this up.

A video shared on social media shows the robot taking one of the boy's pieces. The boy then makes his own move, and the robot grabs his finger.

I wonder if the boy won the game. Did they update the hardware or software of the robot? This story is light on these important details.

Arantor

It's Russia, I assume they updated the boy instead as that would be cheaper. I imagine there will be some improvements in the machine, likely in the hardware to add some kind of motion sensors to detect motion and to halt safely and not move any further until the motion has suitably stopped and moved out of the way.

Arantor

I'd seen the story in the Guardian so I didn't look at the Beeb's reporting but the general gist is that the robot made a move and the boy was far too eager to riposte back with his own move that he didn't realise the robot was still doing its thing. And that, essentially a little patience is the name of the game here.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I saw this in the news when I was scanning for news updates the other day, unreal!! 😑

Back
Top Bottom