Chit Chat Thread

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
The week that Diana passed, my husband and I had just finished a cruise. We had wonderful table-mates and one couple was from Manchester-Leeds....not sure how to present that location. They were the most awesome entertainment, so many stories, seriously funny and he was a retired professional rugby player. A few weeks after Diana's death (which I've questioned too), our new friends from Manchester-Leeds sent us a memorable book on Diana from your country. I still have it to this day and was very touched that they took the time to share her life and memory with us.

I do not have much to say about Charles either. :cautious:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Her campaign against the horrors of land mines was very noble. Some think this had something to do with her death along with the embarrassment they felt she was bringing to the royal family. I doubt we'll ever know the truth.

Arantor

I am inclined to believe her death was exactly what it was reported as: the chauffeur was intoxicated, harassed by paparazzi, and in an attempt to do something about it, crashed. All of the various conspiracy theories to me sound far-fetched even by the standards of the Palace.

Crims

Wethermon
I believe our predilection to finding excuses to make us trust less (eg 'oh it's X, therefore I don't care now') is turning the UK into America. At least in America you have a reason to be skeptical. I had that conversation yesterday and it's probably Tory influenced.

Arantor

The conspiracy theories have been going on since 97, after the 17 years of Tory…

Crims

Wethermon
I'm a little bit put out by the way that stuff is presented on TV. It's like having to pay extra for intellectual stimulation

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Thing is, it's not just another conspiracy theory like the moon landing denial or 9/11 truthers. I'm basing my opinion on news articles from legit sources and legit documentaries from the BBC etc which showed too many inconsistencies and unanswered questions, making the incident suspicious.

It's important you realise that I'm not saying as fact that Diana was murdered, but that it seems likely to me from the evidence I've seen.

And again, I don't think Dodi's dad would've pushed so hard if there wasn't some truth to this.

Arantor

Al Fayed has reason to be suspicious though, and it being such a high profile incident, it was pored over by all the media and it was good value for eyeballs watching the content to treat it as suspicious in a way the moon landing etc, wasn’t.

We’ll never know the truth but I for one don’t feel like it needed a big ol’ investigation beyond the normal levels of a police inquiry - she was divorced by then, so not directly part of the family. It being so high profile is what invited a lot of the speculation.

Crims

Wethermon
Awesome. Done some music and acting today!

I also made a voice chat room if anyone's up for that.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
@Nebulous Did you find a cat with Chinese food yet? I found cat meme with Italian food when I looked the other day :D
@Crims Sounds like you had a nice day in drama and music!
@Arantor Hope you feel better soon. Being sick bites!
@Retro et al, ~ have a good evening! :)

Crims

Wethermon
Man I'm lucky that I've got a brother that's interested in all the popular web stuff.
He's basically making my life so much easier by being up to date with the lazy politick lol

Crims

Wethermon
How are you doing, everyone?
At an art class and wondering if anyone listens to music atm

Crims

Wethermon
At the moment not listening to music; having to make some phone calls.
What art class are you taking? Painting?
Listening to Cream - Tales of Brave Ulysses
Sculpture and making figures. I'm getting the knack for it.

EDIT: Anyone remember the word for 'modernist'? I've been looking for a good noun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom