Chit Chat Thread

Arantor

Listening to Cream - Tales of Brave Ulysses
Sculpture and making figures. I'm getting the knack for it.

EDIT: Anyone remember the word for 'modernist'? I've been looking for a good noun.
Modernism?

as for bangin’ tunes, today’s is:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Good Meat loaf bangin' tune!!

Listened to Cream-A Tale of brave Ulysses. It's been awhile since I've heard it. Music merging from the late 60's turning into that new sound of the 70's. Good tune!

Mars

Staff Member
Listening to Cream - Tales of Brave Ulysses
Sculpture and making figures. I'm getting the knack for it.

EDIT: Anyone remember the word for 'modernist'? I've been looking for a good noun.
Sculpture, how nice. Do you work in clay, marble, wood?
Crims, maybe you could 'show' us one of your creations? are they Man or Beast? abstract, or realistic?
It would really be interesting to view your work.

Crims

Wethermon
Sculpture, how nice. Do you work in clay, marble, wood?
Crims, maybe you could 'show' us one of your creations? are they Man or Beast? abstract, or realistic?
It would really be interesting to view your work.
Maybe later. I'm quite busy at the moment working on my game lol

Mars

Staff Member
Maybe later. I'm quite busy at the moment working on my game lol
That's ok Crims, I didn't mean show it to us right now, but whenever you create something you love and is meaningful to you. Enjoy working on your game.

Nebulous

Hi all, happy Friday! Glad the weekend is finally here. Time to relax.

200.gif

Arantor

Probably for some of it. Next phase of delivery is on Friday and then it’s the QA/bughunting phase. Lots still to do.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Never mind your silly worky weekends, my game won't run properly!

Bought Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II on Steam for online play with a Xbox owning friend, but it won't work. Sound issues (mic can't be heard), fixed that with another headset, so this time it reports no token or something on the PS5 and advising that one of the players must be removed, ie me.

Did a Steam file integrity check where it found 34 bad files - why?! Fixed them, checked again 33 bad files. Another fix and check, still 33 bad files. Special. First time I've had the Steam client screw up so badly.

Might download the whole sodding 55.7GB again. Let me Google it first though as it will take ages. What a PITA.

Arantor

my game won't run properly
Well if you will buy games from corporations who don't pay their developers well enough... ;)

(Seriously, there are people at Activision Blizzard King who can't even afford lunch in the staff canteen because insufficient pay vs Silicon Valley stupidity prices)

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yeah, I can believe that. "Capitalism". Always needs moderation or it tends towards slavery and exploitation.

Arantor

In happier news, I have to share this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is AMAZING to me. Not the story because that's not the part that's legitimately amazing.

They're quoting 'former MP for Dorset East, Sir Michael Take'. Because they've never heard of 'taking the mickey' - they've quoted a parody account as if it's a real one. (Dorset East hasn't been a constituency since being abolished in 1950 when Poole was formed as a constituency)

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I'm behind in replying so I'll just say Happy Tuesday to everyone...... and @Arantor, that's gross with sewage in the ocean, OMG!!:eek:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Right ppl. got the game running in the end.

Doing that file integrity check fixed the problem. Even though it went from 34 to 33 "bad" files and refused to go lower, that one fix seems to have done it.

For some reason, voice quality is that of a poor mobile phone when it should be hi-fi, though.

That player must be removed issue was, ahem, user error. It was the free-for-all game multiplayer mode where you can't be in a party with anyone since everyone's out to kill each other. Such fun! Selecting one of the other modes worked fine. The game is demanding on this old hardware though! Hard to keep up a decent framerate in some maps. Others are sorta reasonable, even though my RTX 2080 SUPER is hardly top end and a 4 year old GPU design, it's still not much of a bottleneck, it's my ancient 2700K from 2011 that desperately needs upgrading. Gonna miss this old workhorse when I eventually do.

Back
Top Bottom