Chit Chat Thread

aussiefooty

It's Memorial Day here in the US. Happy Monday and Memorial Day to all that have served to keep us safe!

View attachment 1371
We have something similar on april 25 each year called ANZAC Day. It's during the footy season and the day gets honoured by a round of footy with games being played on the weekend on the lead up to anzac day.
Then Essendon take on Collingwood in the arvo on the day after the memorial has finished in the morning of Anzac Day.

Crims

Wethermon
We have something similar on april 25 each year called ANZAC Day. It's during the footy season and the day gets honoured by a round of footy with games being played on the weekend on the lead up to anzac day.
Then Essendon take on Collingwood in the arvo on the day after the memorial has finished in the morning of Anzac Day.
There's an aussie coffee shop here that does Anzac biscuits. Why are they so crumbly?

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Looked up New Zealand on Google Maps. Didn't seem that far away from Australia, so did a measurement and it turns out to be 1000 miles away! One could fit the whole of the UK in that with room to spare.

1685786124594.png

Nebulous

Hi all, hows it going? Hope you're having a great weekend! I hope the week ahead is great for you as well. :D

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This ongoing story about the missing sub that had gone to look at the Titanic is stressing me out. It's looking to me like they won't be able to find the sub in time and it's a really awful way to go. :( I have a suspicion that they're all dead already though given how they suddenly lost contact, as perhaps the hull breached and water flooded it in seconds. I really hope I'm wrong here.

Alive or not, I want them to find it so we know what happened down there and the world gets closure. I don't want another MH370 situation where it's still mostly unknown what happened to it over eight years later.

Personally, I would never go in a sub as they're such death traps if something goes wrong. Cars and aeroplanes are much safer.

What the hell?! The Americans are putting lives at risk here for no good reason.

btw this is post 9000. :)

1687298641103.png

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
This ongoing story about the missing sub that had gone to look at the Titanic is stressing me out. It's looking to me like they won't be able to find the sub in time and it's a really awful way to go. :( I have a suspicion that they're all dead already though given how they suddenly lost contact, as perhaps the hull breached and water flooded it in seconds. I really hope I'm wrong here.

Alive or not, I want them to find it so we know what happened down there and the world gets closure. I don't want another MH370 situation where it's still mostly unknown what happened to it over eight years later.

Personally, I would never go in a sub as they're such death traps if something goes wrong. Cars and aeroplanes are much safer.

What the hell?! The Americans are putting lives at risk here for no good reason.

btw this is post 9000. :)

View attachment 1398

Don't know why the US would block a British rescue mission, as one of the lost is a prominent British business man.....the sub is off the coast of Canada in the Northern Atlantic sea, not even in a US zone. It would seem all hands on deck and whatever a country would want to do in terms of a rescue mission should be welcomed.

aussiefooty

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
look at this

aussiefooty

Yikes... just on this. They've found out that people have passed away in the whole thing.
Apparently one of the people on board had only just turned 20.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yikes... just on this. They've found out that people have passed away in the whole thing.
Apparently one of the people on board had only just turned 20.
Do you have a link for that? Checking the main news sources doesn't say that at all.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member

aussiefooty

That's the same news as everywhere else. Nowhere in that article does it say that people have died, so where did you get that impression from?
Someone had said it on twitter they must have been watching something on it

aussiefooty

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back
Top Bottom