Competition01: closed. Let's get to 1000 posts anyway

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member

Mars

Staff Member
Awwww....Pearl the Chihuahua is so tiny. :love: She's an apple-head Chihuahua. Gidget is a deer-head Chihuahua. So adorable, thank you for sharing!:)
Just shows you, you live and learn. Here I was, thinking a Chihuahua is a Chihuahua is a tiny dog, and that's it.
Turns out, nothing is that simple: you have your apple-heads, your deer-heads; how lovely would it be to have a lion-head, complete with mane!
So I am being silly, so what 🙃

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Just shows you, you live and learn. Here I was, thinking a Chihuahua is a Chihuahua is a tiny dog, and that's it.
Turns out, nothing is that simple: you have your apple-heads, your deer-heads; how lovely would it be to have a lion-head, complete with mane!
So I am being silly, so what 🙃
Lol :ROFLMAO: I used to think that too, until I learned the difference between the two shaped heads and how it affects their body appearance. The apple-head Chi-Chi's are usually shorter in stature/stockier and because of their head shape they can have some breathing issues. The deer-head Chi-Chi's are longer in the legs, less stocky and overall look like tiny dears because of their head shape and long legs. There also also short-haired and long-haired Chihuahuas, so it's not too far fetched that you could give a long haired Chi-Chi a lion cut. :)

Their are some Pomeranian's and dogs of the Spitz family that can have "lion cuts" which can truly bring out a lion vibe. This is not the best lion cut on a Pom, but out of all of the pics I looked at of the Pom's getting groomed they all looked stressed out. You could tell they had anxiety. I never took my dogs to get groomed. I've always done their grooming and still do until this day. I grew up with poodles and my dad passed the Andis Clippers to me when I was in Jr. High. My other Pom's (RIP), I did groom them short for the hot summers and did both teddy-bear cuts or lion cuts depending on the spring to fall weather. In the fall, I'd let their hair grow back for the winter.

Lion Cut on a Pom

%2F42%2Fc2%2F12%2F42c2120f553c082d6b4e282777516836.jpg

Boo (Pom) and his teddy bear cut that made him so popular (RIP).

%2Fe4%2Fc4%2Fa2%2Fe4c4a282de02a46e748e74fa26bac27f.jpg

Mars

Staff Member
Lol :ROFLMAO: I used to think that too, until I learned the difference between the two shaped heads and how it affects their body appearance. The apple-head Chi-Chi's are usually shorter in stature/stockier and because of their head shape they can have some breathing issues. The deer-head Chi-Chi's are longer in the legs, less stocky and overall look like tiny dears because of their head shape and long legs. There also also short-haired and long-haired Chihuahuas, so it's not too far fetched that you could give a long haired Chi-Chi a lion cut. :)

Their are some Pomeranian's and dogs of the Spitz family that can have "lion cuts" which can truly bring out a lion vibe. This is not the best lion cut on a Pom, but out of all of the pics I looked at of the Pom's getting groomed they all looked stressed out. You could tell they had anxiety. I never took my dogs to get groomed. I've always done their grooming and still do until this day. I grew up with poodles and my dad passed the Andis Clippers to me when I was in Jr. High. My other Pom's (RIP), I did groom them short for the hot summers and did both teddy-bear cuts or lion cuts depending on the spring to fall weather. In the fall, I'd let their hair grow back for the winter.

Lion Cut on a Pom

View attachment 1270

Boo (Pom) and his teddy bear cut that made him so popular (RIP).

View attachment 1271
Tiffany, how lovely that you groom your dogs yourself. Yes, I believe it is true, that they get stressed at the 'salon'. When mum does it, it is so different. Still, you have to have the touch, I don't think all pet parents would have the courage or the know-how to groom their dogs.

Oh the lion cut, don't you just want to slip your hand under that gorgeous soft fur, I can just 'feel' how soft it is and how warm his skin feels underneath; a bit like my kitty's furry tummy.
I must admit, when I saw the teddy bear, I had to take a second look, make sure it was a doggy, not just a doll; it will sound silly, but I especially loved those tiny legs and chubby paws, pure velvet.

It is wonderful that you still have the clippers your dad gave you. You know? I still have a pair of pliers and pincers that used to be my dad's. They live in my kitchen drawer, so I see them every single day. They have been with me since forever, and always will.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Tiffany, how lovely that you groom your dogs yourself. Yes, I believe it is true, that they get stressed at the 'salon'. When mum does it, it is so different. Still, you have to have the touch, I don't think all pet parents would have the courage or the know-how to groom their dogs.

Oh the lion cut, don't you just want to slip your hand under that gorgeous soft fur, I can just 'feel' how soft it is and how warm his skin feels underneath; a bit like my kitty's furry tummy.
I must admit, when I saw the teddy bear, I had to take a second look, make sure it was a doggy, not just a doll; it will sound silly, but I especially loved those tiny legs and chubby paws, pure velvet.

It is wonderful that you still have the clippers your dad gave you. You know? I still have a pair of pliers and pincers that used to be my dad's. They live in my kitchen drawer, so I see them every single day. They have been with me since forever, and always will.
They do get stressed and that's why I groom them myself. We go outside in the back and sit on the sidewalk in the shade. In the summer, I like to even wash them outside, because they love to run around in soapy suds, but I only do that if the temp is in the upper 90's so the water is warm. In the winter, grooming just happens inside. Champy is great to groom, Snowey likes to growl...lol. Every dog is different, so I have always just worked with it. Sometimes I can't finish with Snowey and I'll come back to it the next day or so. Gidget is so delicate, sometimes I'll cut a claw or two at a time and come back to do the rest over a few days. It just depends, she's so tiny, I have to be really careful and she's like a little mongoose when it comes to grooming. :D

Aren't the lion cuts and teddy bear cuts amazing? Each Pom will look different depending on their hair. Usually, the Pom's with lighter hair, like the white one, will have a silkier texture hair, almost like rabbit hair and teddy bear cuts won't look too good on them. If you have a Pom with more course hair, like Boo above, then you get that solid almost "is it a real dog" look to the texture.

Nice that you have some pliers and pincers from your dad. Those are meaningful treasures and good memories.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Cuteness Friday is a real life picture taken yesterday near my house. This is a calico cat, that doesn't look like an adult, no collar, and appeared clean. I would have taken it home yesterday for a safer place to be until I can find the owner through our neighborhood email system. I wish I could have helped the cat but it wouldn't move away from the culvert.

cat in culvert.jpg

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Thanks for trying to help the cat. Unfortunately, kitties are notoriously hard to catch.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Yes, this little kitty was very set to fly away if needed, but it didn't hiss or seem bristled in any way. It was so pretty though. I hated to see it alone, though if there's any comfort, the culvert is a good place to be at night here.

Mars

Staff Member
They do get stressed and that's why I groom them myself. We go outside in the back and sit on the sidewalk in the shade. In the summer, I like to even wash them outside, because they love to run around in soapy suds, but I only do that if the temp is in the upper 90's so the water is warm. In the winter, grooming just happens inside. Champy is great to groom, Snowey likes to growl...lol. Every dog is different, so I have always just worked with it. Sometimes I can't finish with Snowey and I'll come back to it the next day or so. Gidget is so delicate, sometimes I'll cut a claw or two at a time and come back to do the rest over a few days. It just depends, she's so tiny, I have to be really careful and she's like a little mongoose when it comes to grooming. :D

Aren't the lion cuts and teddy bear cuts amazing? Each Pom will look different depending on their hair. Usually, the Pom's with lighter hair, like the white one, will have a silkier texture hair, almost like rabbit hair and teddy bear cuts won't look too good on them. If you have a Pom with more course hair, like Boo above, then you get that solid almost "is it a real dog" look to the texture.

Nice that you have some pliers and pincers from your dad. Those are meaningful treasures and good memories.
Tiffany you made me laugh, I could just see your charges running around in the garden dressed in soapy suds:D
It is true that every dog is different, and you have to adjust your behaviour accordingly, even if they are of the same breed. What works for one dog, may not work for another, as is the case with your Snowy and Champy.

Gidget, the little deer, she can really do as she pleases. You cannot just grab hold of her and 'manhandle' the fragile sweet thing, can you....and from what you describe, she knows it full well, and takes full advantage of the situation: mum will just have to stop now, go and come back another day to deal with those little claws.

I can see what you mean about the different hair texture on pommies, how it affects their look. I am telling you, that teddy-bear is just so huggable!

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Tiffany you made me laugh, I could just see your charges running around in the garden dressed in soapy suds:D
It is true that every dog is different, and you have to adjust your behaviour accordingly, even if they are of the same breed. What works for one dog, may not work for another, as is the case with your Snowy and Champy.

Gidget, the little deer, she can really do as she pleases. You cannot just grab hold of her and 'manhandle' the fragile sweet thing, can you....and from what you describe, she knows it full well, and takes full advantage of the situation: mum will just have to stop now, go and come back another day to deal with those little claws.

I can see what you mean about the different hair texture on pommies, how it affects their look. I am telling you, that teddy-bear is just so huggable!

They ARE pretty cute running around in suds....and they really enjoy it because it's hot outside but they stay cooler to play and run around. Pom's have double coats, so they can get pretty hot in the summer. My vet says Snowy is just the kind of dog that doesn't like to be controlled so he likes everything on his terms, which is why he growls or yips. It's actually funny, because you could be petting him, but holding him tight, he likes to be pet, but not being held tight so he will growl a bit. It's not even threatening, just his way and he will even have his little tongue sticking out, which is a sign of a relaxed dog. Champy just does everything I ask him to do...very sweet. Gidget, yes, I don't think her legs are even a half an inch in diameter, so I can't just hold her leg and spread out her paw to cut her claws. It's a creative process and sometimes I just catch her off guard and snip one or two and just come back later. Very spoiled though, total Princess in my house, as well as my Pom's. To this day I still have to carry Champy across the wooden floor back and forth. He won't walk on it...jeez!

The teddy-bear cut is pretty awesome!! Boo the Pom made it very popular.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Right, this week's Cuteness Caturday is gonna be a video.

This one had me in hysterics.

Why on earth did the slap make the dog go bananas with the zoomies?!

Watch with sound.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

More feelgood stuff like this over at Feline Forums.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Lol....that was pretty funny with the dog running back and forth with such a burst of energy, of course the slap was epic. 🤣

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Hey look, we've now got 888 threads! Isn't there a betting company with that name? 999 threads is gonna be even better...

1682193722980.png

Attachments

• 1682193643250.png
    1682193643250.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 0

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
The competition is now closed. Please see first post in this thread for details.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
This thread has been driven by friendship and has some really uplifting and meaningful content that anyone can enjoy at anytime. We've been all happy to take part in sharing day to day fun and especially all of the animal pics. Off to find a funny Sunday pic now as a matter of fact!😇

Cheers to the bestest Nerds!:geek:

Mars

Staff Member
....and people wax lyrical about the Mona Lisa, how her eyes follow you. Just look at the eyes of that cat!
I can tell you one thing though, had she been my kitty, she'd keep all her 9 lives here at home. No fun and games with the boys outside, my girl.
Who said black & white cats are common?! What's common about this beauty? Nothing.

Of course we never know, it may just be a tom, out for some fun with the boys. So again, not here, his lives stay here at home.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
....and people wax lyrical about the Mona Lisa, how her eyes follow you. Just look at the eyes of that cat!
I can tell you one thing though, had she been my kitty, she'd keep all her 9 lives here at home. No fun and games with the boys outside, my girl.
Who said black & white cats are common?! What's common about this beauty? Nothing.

Of course we never know, it may just be a tom, out for some fun with the boys. So again, not here, his lives stay here at home.
You're right, those cat eyes are amazing!

Lol on what kitty would do with 9 lives :D

Mars

Staff Member
You're right, those cat eyes are amazing!

Lol on what kitty would do with 9 lives :D
What would she do indeed 😶....that is one of the reasons why she or Tommy are staying in!
On the other hand, even if they are neutered, being let outside still poses dangers for kitty: road traffic, cruel people, poisoned food, too much of a risk.

Mars

Staff Member
Indeed, all cats should be indoor cats for their safety and that of the local wildlife.
Of course, wildlife. A cat would just as happily pounce on an unsuspecting bird, as she would going in search of a mouse.

BUT....having said that, it brings to my mind that unbelievable article+pics you posted in Feline Forums last Thursday, where a cat brought little mice home and shared her food with them.
I confess: had I not read the attached yahoo news article, I would not have believed it. No way.
And yet it is true. Wonders will never cease.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
@Mars I think you are a budding author to write a story about Mona and Tommy and their cat lives :)

On a more serious note, I do agree, cats should always be indoor cats. I've had way too many friends that let their cats prowl and eventually don't come back home.

Back
Top Bottom