Competition01: closed. Let's get to 1000 posts anyway

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Here's a picture of a cute woodchuck:

Woodchuck.jpeg

And facepalm to the song written around the tongue twister based on the woodchuck.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
We have 8086 posts. Anyone nerdy enough to know why that's significant?

1682763444062.png

Mars

Staff Member
@Mars I think you are a budding author to write a story about Mona and Tommy and their cat lives :)

On a more serious note, I do agree, cats should always be indoor cats. I've had way too many friends that let their cats prowl and eventually don't come back home.
Sorry, spoke to my editor, but he did not share our enthusiasm for cats. Idiot.
Pet cats? Yes, indoor only. I could not sleep at night knowing my kitty is roaming out there, somewhere, in the big bad world outside.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
The Woodchuck is cute!

Sorry, spoke to my editor, but he did not share our enthusiasm for cats. Idiot.
Pet cats? Yes, indoor only. I could not sleep at night knowing my kitty is roaming out there, somewhere, in the big bad world outside.

Stooopid editor, can't see the possibilities of an epic cat story! :cool:

I'd never leave my pets outside either. As it is, I stand outside with my dogs, because of the owls, hawks, vultures, bobcats, snakes and coyotes. We have an 8 foot fence but all of those animals could breach it either by jumping over, or jumping off of a huge cottonwood tree near the fence or by digging under the fence.

We once had rabbits and one of our rabbits got outside of their playpen and we couldn't find it until the next day. We sent out our one Pom, Champy Bear Sr. to track the rabbit and find it. He found it and we brought the rabbit in too safety. The rabbit got out of the playpen we had it in. We always liked our rabbits to get fresh air and exercise, though didn't imagine they could scale a 24 inch fence? Our Champy Bear Sr. was an excellent tracker, but would never harm our rabbits.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Here's today's entries for Cuteness Caturday.

This is an ad for a kitty desk, but something tells me that your cat wouldn't be this cooperative. 😆

Kitty desk tray.jpg

Oh gawd, please kitty, no. 🤦‍♂️

Kitty is coming in.jpg

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Facepalm to this. Anyone who uses dog groomers might want to think twice after reading this story.

Terrifying story. :eek: I'd freak, but then I really know my dogs and I couldn't see that happening ever! Another reason why I should always groom my own dogs. I've been grooming all of my dogs since my HS years.

Cute Caterday pics. Cat desk extension...lol....yeah, don't cats have a mind of their own.:)

Crims

Wethermon
"Leopards have a larger head and jaws, massive paws with retractable sharp claws."
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Today's Cuteness Caturday entry. So chubby and cute with that quizzical look on its face!

1683392582433.jpeg

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
"Leopards have a larger head and jaws, massive paws with retractable sharp claws."
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just finished watching the leopard/cheetah video. OMG, that guy is brave. Those animals are really beautiful though!
Today's Cuteness Caturday entry. So chubby and cute with that quizzical look on its face!

View attachment 1328
Such a hefty kitty cat...lol! Love the bib too! :D

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
They seem like they're big fluffy cats.
They do, that's what I was thinking and then reality set in and I started thinking about all of those teeth and claws....way more powerful than a domestic kitty. :eek:

My mom had a cat years ago that loved to do the sneak attack thing. It would hide in the hallway and when I'd walk by it would pounce at my ankles...not cool, kitty-cat 🐱

Crims

Wethermon
They do, that's what I was thinking and then reality set in and I started thinking about all of those teeth and claws....way more powerful than a domestic kitty. :eek:

My mom had a cat years ago that loved to do the sneak attack thing. It would hide in the hallway and when I'd walk by it would pounce at my ankles...not cool, kitty-cat 🐱
Many years ago I was in the park and was bitten by a dog, its not unfair to assume all animals are like, well feral versions. I dislike cats mostly though a big cat seems more responsible.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Many years ago I was in the park and was bitten by a dog, its not unfair to assume all animals are like, well feral versions. I dislike cats mostly though a big cat seems more responsible.

People that have been bitten by an animal, often associate the whole breed or type of animal because of that one biting experience. I'm sorry you were bitten though you have a healthy perspective about animals on the whole.

I grew up with dogs. My first dog bite was when I was about five years old and I was riding my bike and a dog started chasing after me and caught up with me and started to bite my ankles. My dad wasn't too far, so it wasn't too bad. Since then I've been bit by flying squirrels, hamsters, guinea pigs and rabbits. The worst rabbit bite was by an Angora rabbit. I don't hold my biting experience against any of these animals. It's like if I go swim in the ocean, I'm now part of the oceans eco-system including the dangers that come with it. You have to respect the animal.

Recently, though, I had to take care of business with a neighbor, whose large dogs kept getting out from under her fence. Last week was the last straw and both of her large dogs were borderline hostile with me and my dd, despite my training with dogs, they wouldn't stop jumping on us. I went to knock on her door and complained and she had to chase her dogs down. Can't say it was a "worth it" experience as this neighbor was not regretful of her dogs getting out and the dangers that they put us in. Now, my dd and I have rerouted our walks and carry pepper-spray just to avoid this part of our neighborhood. Sad!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Tiffs, re getting bitten by an animal, it gets me how people judge them by human values and then exact such harsh punishments, often with summary execution, no trial, nothing.

We know that these animals have no comprehension of human values and are acting on instinct and breeding. Imagine the scenario where some agressive dog tears someone's face off in a brutal attack. Just a few minutes later, it could play with a squeaky toy, having forgotten all about it and no idea of the damage it just inflicted on that person. One can therefore not judge dogs in the same way as humans, same as any other animal.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Tiffs, re getting bitten by an animal, it gets me how people judge them by human values and then exact such harsh punishments, often with summary execution, no trial, nothing.

We know that these animals have no comprehension of human values and are acting on instinct and breeding. Imagine the scenario where some agressive dog tears someone's face off in a brutal attack. Just a few minutes later, it could play with a squeaky toy, having forgotten all about it and no idea of the damage it just inflicted on that person. One can therefore not judge dogs in the same way as humans, same as any other animal.

Agreed, animals are just as vulnerable as small children, elderly adults and people with disabilities....they all need someone to advocate for them and care for them.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Carrying on cuteness Friday. Hedgehogs are native of the UK. They are so cute!

hedgehog-animal-baby-cute-50577.jpeg

Crims

Wethermon
Carrying on cuteness Friday. Hedgehogs are native of the UK. They are so cute!

hedgehog-animal-baby-cute-50577.jpeg
Aww. its a shame so many get in the road or caught in goalkeeper nets. Theyre so cute. For a while I looked after one as we have a few woodland animals. They are only in the UK?

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Aww. its a shame so many get in the road or caught in goalkeeper nets. Theyre so cute. For a while I looked after one as we have a few woodland animals. They are only in the UK?

They are native to the UK and some other European countries and parts of Africa.

I hate to see animals harmed on the road. :( Nice that you could enjoy a little hedgehog and give it some shelter and comfort for awhile! :)

aussiefooty

Mine is obviously my cat gizmo.
He's the first cat i've ever owned myself without living at my parents place.
He's such a big purr machine.
He also loves to play.
92871BA1-3740-48E5-A547-2750A842D672.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom