Death and Dialog

Arantor

I don't know if you remember the old Sierra games like Space Quest, where if you die you get a little 'you died, thanks for playing' message.

Well, there's a person on Twitter I follow, called Foone, who is one crazy person - and they made https://deathgenerator.com/#gallery

I saw it, thought it was a neat project, and started making my own. I'm not yet ready to share an actual site, still too busy assembling things, but I have a few underway already.

For example... when you lose in Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, you can have something a bit like this screen.

1665790789583.png

1665790949076.png

I'm only doing this with old games (like Foone) but it's done in the name of parody purposes. The actual site will have links to where you can buy the games or read more about them. It'll also look a whole lot better than bland white background.

The project's name is Death & Dialog because I don't just want to tackle 'death' pages but also some dialog screens, win screens, etc. - learning from Foone kinda boxing themselves in with 'Death Generator' when they're not all death screens!

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Oh, this is really cool!! Clever and wouldn't be annoying because the screen comes up anyway when your character dies, game is over or whatever and you can utilize a moment to plug a website!

Arantor

I figure letting people make their own such screens is just fun, and Iโ€™ll build in things to easily copy/save images to share on social media etc.

Arantor

I really need to get back to this project and add the different styles of Windows BSOD to it.

Though back in my tweaking days I made the BSOD red.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Wow, those retro graphics take me back. Check out those proper, gigantic pixels.

CyberGeek

Does your own username take you back? Of course, yes, it takes you back in time to those retro times ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Sorry I can never resist word play :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom