Julian Assange

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
With various freedoms being slowly eroded the ongoing saga surrounding Julian Assange can easily be forgotten. Here is an interesting video by Naomi Brockwell that analyses some of the accusations against him.

Below links are for same video, choice to support Youtube or Odysee

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Geffers

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I've not watched the video yet, but from what I've read of Assange and WikiLeaks, he's the good guy in all of this by exposing corruption that the powerful would rather keep hidden.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Watched the video: Assange should be hailed a hero, not persecuted like he is.

On top of that, the video debunks the lie that WikiLeaks published unredacted documents. It was actually The Guardian of all publications who published the password to unlock the encrypted file with all the unredacted information. WikiLeaks actually worked with TG and other publications to make a careful release of information with sensitive items redacted, but they don't want us to know that.

I'm really glad WikiLeaks hasn't been shut down.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Edward Snowdon similar scenario, exposed abuses by the US Government and now unable to return to US. Awkward situation, employed in a security environment but saw US was spying on its own citizens. Made public then had to flee.

Geffers

Crims

Wethermon
Edward Snowdon similar scenario, exposed abuses by the US Government and now unable to return to US. Awkward situation, employed in a security environment but saw US was spying on its own citizens. Made public then had to flee.

Geffers
Jobs in security usually have that as a prerequisite. As much as I dislike it, rules exist and will get enforced. Erm... there are definitely places that allow opportunities like Snowden though he could've joined.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Jobs in security usually have that as a prerequisite. As much as I dislike it, rules exist and will get enforced. Erm... there are definitely places that allow opportunities like Snowden though he could've joined.

We watched the Edward Snowden movie years ago. Very interesting and we've had lots of discussions dealing with the internal conflict between right, wrong, and the outcome of what Snowden exposed....totally get your point about rules and integrity.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Geffers

....and now isn't he officially a Russian citizen?

aussiefooty

He should be deported back over to Australia. Let Australia deal with him.
The fact is yes he spied on the government and got caught.

Back
Top Bottom