Pointless Pastimes

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Well, I was going through the tabs on my web browser when I came across my favourite jigsaw puzzle site and that's it, 5 hours and counting wasted... and still going at almost 03:00! 😬 So addictive. I'll have to stop soon as I've got work in the morning and I'm finally getting tired.

What pointless pastimes grab you?

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
When you had introduced your favorite jigsaw puzzle here at NZ, I shared your website for digital puzzles with my mom. She was always doing physical puzzles years ago.

Pointless pastimes of late include shopping for the best price on an item only to learn that I really already had the best price. An hour I can't get back of my life on one of those adventures.

I also get sucked in trying to beat the "system of searches" and get determined to find what I'm looking for, whatever I'm looking for at the time. Other "time-sucks" of my life I can't get back.....but then when I'm victorious on my search mission, it's way cool! :LOL:

Crims

Wethermon
I like making maps, drawing and doing plans for interesting ideas. I like to do a lot of really repetitive stuff as stupid as it sounds, which include puzzles and Maths past papers. A lot of the things are generally for engagement and perspective, kind of not accepting short term pleasures which are transient for things that are more substantial like my projects or ideas.

Arantor

The vast majority of my projects never get finished. I would argue they are all pointless to some degree, except for making me happy while I was working on them, and the belief that one day I'll finish them :p

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I have a "to do" list of projects I need to get done. The biggest project is managing all of our family photographs. The photographs consume a few cabinets and are either in photo albums, photo boxes or accordion-like file folders. They all have to be digitized, as well. Some to be displayed in photo books, while others I want to be displayed on those moving picture frames, where the pictures are downloaded and change every few seconds. I've procrastinated this for years.....wondering if I will ever get this done too, like @Arantor.;)

Back
Top Bottom