Speciality Machinery

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Recently a discussion at techsrealm.com went off topic but to a fascinating area, and that is speciality machinery.

It started when I mentioned what fascinated me was whatever building project you see, in our own countries or elsewhere, whether it be a skyscraper, residential estate, shopping mall and city centres like New York and London, everything is brought in by truck, bricks, cement, steel girders, lifts, stairwells, furniture, cables, decorations, every bit by truck.

This led to thinking there are machines in the world that are mind boggling and one wonders how on earth were they designed and more to the point, how are they manufactured. I am sure Youtube has hundreds, if not thousands of such videos but here is one I found yesterday, 30 minutes long, of course one doesn't have to watch the entire video, the first few minutes will give a taster of what goes on unnoticed by many.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Geffers

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Really great video, Geffers and great topic for discussion and fun at Tech's! I was transfixed watching your video. There are some machines I haven't seen before. Farming equipment has come a long way too.

Here's a fun link on Cat equipment and all of the variety of earth movers they have. :geek:

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Oddly here is a link to a short video of a CAT Asphalt Paver which I was fascinated watching resurfacing outside my GF's home recently.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Geffers

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Great short video @Geffers of the Cat asphalt paver!

@Retro After watching Geffers video, it makes you wonder how the Egyptians built their pyramids and how the Mayan's built their pyramids. :geek:

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Great short video @Geffers of the Cat asphalt paver!

@Retro After watching Geffers video, it makes you wonder how the Egyptians built their pyramids and how the Mayan's built their pyramids. :geek:
Which is similar to what prompted this thread, often think of the London Underground, early lines built with pick and shovel. Hampstead, the deepest on the underground system is apparently 192 feet down.and opened in 1907 - not sure what building equipment they had back then but reckon someone dug the first hole.

Geffers

Back
Top Bottom