Study reveals cancer’s ‘infinite’ ability to evolve

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
A strong ability to evolve is the core of why cancer is so hard to treat. Having said that, serious advances have still been made. There was even a recent case of a man with stage 4 terminal cancer being completely cured of it through the use of an experimental drug. Absolutely awesome! :cool:

An unprecedented analysis of how cancers grow has revealed an "almost infinite" ability of tumours to evolve and survive, say scientists.
The results of tracking lung cancers for nine years left the research team "surprised" and "in awe" at the formidable force they were up against.
They have concluded we need more focus on prevention, with a "universal" cure unlikely any time soon.
Cancer Research UK said early detection of cancer was vitally important.
The study - entitled TracerX - provides the most in-depth analysis of how cancers evolve and what causes them to spread.

Mars

Staff Member
A strong ability to evolve is the core of why cancer is so hard to treat. Having said that, serious advances have still been made. There was even a recent case of a man with stage 4 terminal cancer being completely cured of it through the use of an experimental drug. Absolutely awesome! :cool:

The second story especially, is very uplifting.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Great articles and encouraging developments in cancer treatment. Love the second story outcome with a complete eradication of the bile duct cancer.

In my research, I've studied the causes of cancer and I'm always drawn back to mitochondria dysfunction as the beginning stage when cancer can take hold and evolve. Here's a short article just for a little exposure on the mechanisms of your mitochondria.

Here's some tips from Dr. Axe on mitochondria care:

Back
Top Bottom