The Funny Pics Thread

Mars

Staff Member
This is a good one!
When you think about it? it actually makes sense: the guy is loaded, therefore his brain is totally addled. He is being told to leave his car at the pub: he does.
He is being told to take the bus home: he does......

Being in such obedient mood, good thing no one suggested he jumps off a bridge. That would have been a terrible price to pay for a couple of drinks on a night out.

As it is he is now left with a mega hangover and an even mega bill to pay. Poor sod.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Footballing genius, player 35 Jan Bednarek, dries ball in the rain. Smart move...

This is a still from yesterday's football match where I facepalmed through the whole sequence. Even the commentators couldn't believe it!

Footballer drying football in the rain..jpg
Nottingham Forest v Southampton and won 4-3. Southampton are bottom of the Premier League and perhaps now we know why.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Lol on drying the ball in the rain :ROFLMAO:

Athletes/Actors/Performers can have bizarre behavior at times including their pre-game, pre-fight, pre-performance rituals before they "go on stage" for good luck.

Mars

Staff Member
Lol on drying the ball in the rain :ROFLMAO:

Athletes/Actors/Performers can have bizarre behavior at times including their pre-game, pre-fight, pre-performance rituals before they "go on stage" for good luck.
I wonder did he wipe the ball just before he had to kick it?

A golfer I know told me that when the golf balls get too muddy, they sometimes have to wipe the mud off them, so that they don't 'slip' when they hit them.
Just a guess, but I assume it is uncommon to do the same in football; that's why even the commentators were flummoxed.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
@Mars, makes sense on the golfer needing to wipe the mud and grime off.

I would think a football (American) and soccer ball would be the same then?

Mars

Staff Member
@Mars, makes sense on the golfer needing to wipe the mud and grime off.

I would think a football (American) and soccer ball would be the same then?
Yeah, it would stand to reason, if you kick a wet muddy football, your aim may go awry.
That's why I wondered whether the player wiped the ball because he did not want his kick to be fudged by a slippery ball; but not knowing much about either game, I do not know whether this is the case or not.
I suppose someone who regularly watches these games and knows the rules, may be a better judge.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Yeah, it would stand to reason, if you kick a wet muddy football, your aim may go awry.
That's why I wondered whether the player wiped the ball because he did not want his kick to be fudged by a slippery ball; but not knowing much about either game, I do not know whether this is the case or not.
I suppose someone who regularly watches these games and knows the rules, may be a better judge.

I think you nailed it ;) and the flummoxed media should be redirected to Nerdzone for any of their questions, whereas nerds can rationally solve most problems through a myriad of measuring tools including a bit of physics on how that ball reaches it's target depending on the elements of the day.

Mars

Staff Member
I think you nailed it ;) and the flummoxed media should be redirected to Nerdzone for any of their questions, whereas nerds can rationally solve most problems through a myriad of measuring tools including a bit of physics on how that ball reaches it's target depending on the elements of the day.
but of course, NerdZone rules!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I wonder did he wipe the ball just before he had to kick it?

A golfer I know told me that when the golf balls get too muddy, they sometimes have to wipe the mud off them, so that they don't 'slip' when they hit them.
Just a guess, but I assume it is uncommon to do the same in football; that's why even the commentators were flummoxed.

I'm not sure myself why they wipe the balls as it doesn't seem to make much difference, but the primary reason is just to dry them, which is why this was so ridiculous and made for a great facepalmable post. If anyone would know the reasons for doing this it's the commentators, who generally have good knowledge of every nuance of the game so if they didn't get it, you can be sure that there was no logic to it.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Oh, I like that. I'll never look at my coworkers the same again lol.

Back
Top Bottom