The Trump downfall thread

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Oh boy, that article reads like a propaganda piece by that paper.

I agree that it won't go anywhere, but is just a symbolic gesture, because I can't ever see anyone, especially an American and ex president at that, being extradited to Iran or Iraq for anything. This is as it should be, in my opinion.

I don't think the Western media has reported this, judging by the lack of Google results. Funnny what gets censored, isn't it? Just think how many things are ommitted in general news, leaving readers clueless about what's going on to avoid headache for those at the top.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I don't like the look of this. Classified documents suddenly showing up in Biden's possession in a similar manner to Trump will hurt his run for a second term. I can't help wondering if they were planted there by Trump supporters somehow. Note that I have no evidence of this, but the type of issue and its timing is certainly suspicious.

Of course, Trump is jumping on the victim bandwagon by awkwardly asking why they're treating Biden differently to Trump for apparently the same issue. It's not really though, given that Biden is still in office, the quantities are much smaller and that Biden hasn't tried to hold on to them or impede any due process, but politically, it's awkward for him and makes him look bad to potential voters who may not understand the whole picture, which Trump is capitalising on.

US President Joe Biden's aides have found a fresh batch of classified government records at a second location, in a growing political embarrassment for the White House.
The first cache was found at a private office in Washington DC that Mr Biden used after his vice-presidency.
The matter is under review by the US Department of Justice.
Donald Trump is facing a criminal investigation for allegedly mishandling classified files.
It was not yet clear on Wednesday when or where the additional tranche of files was found by Biden aides.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Oh yes, there's certainly those, the Trump supporters basically. I was thinking of "normal" voters who aren't very clued up on American politics. They could well be misled by this.

Arantor

The recent polls suggest that they’re not wildly influenced either way and that the divisions among party lines remain much as ever. If anything the swing voters seem to be more influenced by the schisms in the GOP right now as to whether they’re going to follow DeSantos or Trump, factoring in whether they would have followed one if the other weren’t a contender, and so on.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Let's hope that level of GOP division remains and they lose at the next election.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
More Biden files news. I think this is worth staying on top of as it's a credible threat to Biden. Good thing he's still president, or jeopardy would be a lot higher.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I'm watching the news too on the Biden classified files that have been discovered at three locations. Concerning, but their will always be more middle-to-left GOP in the house and senate to balance any extraordinarily investigations IMHO.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This could finally sink Trump and guarantee to prevent him from becoming president.

As we know, it doesn't take much proof to make rape allegations stick against the rich and powerful, no matter how scant the evidence and long ago it was, so Trump's inability to have this case thrown out could be bad news for him.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
From your article:
He continues: “But it’s a false accusation. Never happened, never would happen. And I posted and I will continue to post until such time as – and then I will sue her after this is over, and that’s the thing I really look forward to doing. And I’ll sue you too because this is – how many cases do you have? Many, many cases, and I know the statements that were made – that you made. ‘Keep Trump busy because this is the way you defeat him, to keep him busy with litigation’. So I will be suing you, also, but I’ll be suing her very strongly as soon as this case ends.”
Just diabolical! Law suit, after law suit, it goes on and on and never ends!

Arantor

You say that but I would point to the “grab them by the *****” tapes, didn’t seem to sink him then.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
True and disgusting..... something keeps him afloat....not sure what??

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
One word: money. When you have as much as Trump has you can corrupt almost anything in your favour. And yes, it's infuriating. However, I do think he's reached the limits of what he can corrupt now and will meet his Waterloo not too long now. Chickens are coming home to roost.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member

If the grand jury’s report recommends prosecution, a county district attorney in Atlanta, Fani Willis, will face the most consequential decision of her career – whether, for the first time in American history, to charge a former president with a criminal offense.

That could result in Trump sitting behind bars in Georgia when he expects to be out on the campaign trail. Provided he is not already serving time as the result of a federal investigation into his attempts to pressure election officials in several other states to rig the vote and his part in the 6 January 2021 storming of the Capitol.

The state of Georgia has been closely watched for numerous reasons. This was an unexpected news drop. I'll be interested to see what happens this month after the hearing.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I sincerely hope he's not able to game the court hearing(s) in his favour. It's a slam dunk he's guilty and should be sitting in jail in short order. Just imagine his humiliation and impotent fury!

He can then protest that the election was rigged all he wants, but it won't help him anymore.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I don't think (??) he is persuasive enough/has that power to game the courts, it's rather, do the courts have the "will" to move forward?

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
There is....he's so mired by law suits, that even those on the Trumper-bubble can see the poor outcome.

Arantor

Seriously, it’s the most apt metaphor I’ve seen yet! They’re both full of it, it all stinks and there’s no miracle ace in the hole coming to save it.

Back
Top Bottom