The Trump downfall thread

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I watched some of it yesterday on the news. A historical day, but not the kind of history I'd like America to be remembered for. :(

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Trump is a busted flush according to this commentator. I hope he's right.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Oh, cry me a river! :rolleyes:

One can debate this, but for sure he should go to prison for his traitorous actions in fomenting the Jan 6th riot and the deaths that resulted. Then, there's the top secret classified government documents that he illegally kept at his home after his time was up and various other things.

Mars

Oh bloody hell, this idiot's even lied about his height! :ROFLMAO: Just how insecure is he? At 6ft2, he's not exactly short, is he?

Well, you know how much I like Trump-NOT! but from the info in the article, it does not look as if he was all that wrong.
As people age, most of the become shorter.
Trump's recorded height in 2020 was 6 feet three. Now three years later, he may well have lost an inch in height.

Still too little for my liking. I wish he would have shrunk 6 feet into the ground and become worm fodder.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
You're welcome, Retro, I cried all this time.
Can I please stop crying now?
You may reduce crying by 30% and then 60% in a couple of hours time. If you need extra onions to help the tears, I can supply them. I've got the extra stingy ones. :p

Mars

You may reduce crying by 30% and then 60% in a couple of hours time. If you need extra onions to help the tears, I can supply them. I've got the extra stingy ones. :p
No thank you for the offer, I don't need no onions, I shall stop crying in two hours, and that's it.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
It's good to see America overruling Trump, from a Londoner perspective.
I'm glad... as your views from the UK are pretty important to a lot of us disgusted American's. We appreciate the extra validation from our UK friends that our politics are broken from your points of view.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Corruption is so rampant. The older I get the more I see through it. I don't like that!

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
The republicans are digging their own political grave if they don't get it together. Trump is kryptonite to the party. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during those 7 hours of testimony with Pence. I don't care for Pence either. He was a "yes man" to Trump.

I'm liking what I'm hearing from Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who is a democrat (nephew of Pres. John F. Kennedy). His ideology is obviously the way the democrats used to be in the 1960's. Kennedy has some issues with opinions which I still have to research though. I'm never "all in" until I do my research. For now, though the Republicans have nothing to offer.

On Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

Crims

Wethermon
The republicans are digging their own political grave if they don't get it together. Trump is kryptonite to the party. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during those 7 hours of testimony with Pence. I don't care for Pence either. He was a "yes man" to Trump.
I can sympathise to an extent, though Republican so far seems to be branded quite severely.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I can sympathise to an extent, though Republican so far seems to be branded quite severely.

They are branded, agreed. The democrats are always on the same page no matter how right or wrong they are on the issue. The republicans on the other hand, are too divided, always have been. As of lately republican run states are coming up with laws that are way too polarizing.

Crims

Wethermon
They are branded, agreed. The democrats are always on the same page no matter how right or wrong they are on the issue. The republicans on the other hand, are too divided, always have been. As of lately republican run states are coming up with laws that are way too polarizing.
I generally have no opinion politically, though Trump followed Obama. I felt Obama's run promised many things he immediately reneged, and it seems kind of obvious that it would inevitably bounce to the opposite afterward. Trump was a poor president, though it's not a coincidence. (edit: that he'd be the prime choice afterward)

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I generally have no opinion politically, though Trump followed Obama. I felt Obama's run promised many things he immediately reneged, and it seems kind of obvious that it would inevitably bounce to the opposite afterward. Trump was a poor president, though it's not a coincidence. (edit: that he'd be the prime choice afterward)

Agreed on Obama and Trump. The part about getting older and gaining wisdom you can see through their campaign promises because you know how the system works. A candidate can claim all day long until voting day what they will promise on Day #1 if they win, that this is what they would do, but most people don't understand how our three branches of government work; legislative, judicial and executive branches. The way our system was designed was the legislators would write the bills and a vote would be taken. The bill has to pass in the senate and house before it gets to the president to be signed or vetoed. The problem with America is that presidents are now writing executive orders and bypassing the proper branches of government so they can force their agenda. I totally disagree with the misuse of executive orders. I try really hard not to follow politics because it gives me agita at the lengths either party will go to enable their agendas without going through the legislators. Sorry, just rambled.

Crims

Wethermon
I totally disagree with the misuse of executive orders. I try really hard not to follow politics because it gives me agita at the lengths either party will go to enable their agendas without going through the legislators. Sorry, just rambled.
It's all good. I found this the most concisely phrased.
All the laws in the world wouldn't do much with hostile politicians, however you have a lot more insight into the real state of things and who is actually constructive for the country. It's that x1000 here in the UK, so it's refreshing to see earnest views.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
It's all good. I found this the most concisely phrased.
All the laws in the world wouldn't do much with hostile politicians, however you have a lot more insight into the real state of things and who is actually constructive for the country. It's that x1000 here in the UK, so it's refreshing to see earnest views.
Hostile politicians is a great description of today's political environment. People don't realize the decisions that are made by their government really do affect one's daily life in some way, either through regulatory means, or by taxation and other additional fees tacked on to so many purchases we make, including the bigger part of our budget found sometimes in utility costs. I'm sorry to hear your challenges in the UK too. I appreciate your open perspective, as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom