The Trump downfall thread

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
You can get Sky News? That's so cool! With my Sky subsciption I can get American news channels, CNN (my favourite foreign news channel), CNBC and NBC, along with various European and other countries' news channels. I used to also be to get right wing propaganda channel Fox too until they pulled out, unfortunately. It was interesting to see what kind of stuff they'd come out with, especially in relation to Trump.

I remember watching CNN live when the insurrection broke out as they were covering the counting of the electoral college votes. That was a wtf moment I'll never forget. "I was there" via the power of TV and modern technology. Also, I was recording it too, so afterwards, I could go back and watch again the very moments that it started and exactly how. Here's hoping it never happens again.

There's something about live news in progress that can be so captivating like watching J6. I can remember watching OJ Simpson being chased on the highway for miles and watching the helicopters and police keeping pace with his SUV. Where I used to work (years ago) we had a mini TV in one of the break rooms and we would check on news periodically. I can also remember checking on the siege in Waco (Branch Davidians) during the day on that little TV.

It is interesting watching various news to see how they report on the same incident.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Trump is being dragged into court and arrested on Tuesday over the classified documents case. Unfortunately, it won't limit his ability to run for president. However, it's not a good look for him and surely his opponents are gonna use this as political capital against him? Would be idiotic not to, for sure.

The one thing we must remember, is that Trump didn't outright win the election in 2016. He actually narrowly lost and it was only the changing of those electoral college votes that got him into power, which always looked suspicious to me. Hence, it's not surprising that he lost to Biden in 2020 and he might be even less popular now. I know he's got his rabid supporters who are gonna be even more fired up now, but I don't think there's enough of them versus rational people on the Democrat or Republican sides to put him in power again.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
There's something about live news in progress that can be so captivating like watching J6. I can remember watching OJ Simpson being chased on the highway for miles and watching the helicopters and police keeping pace with his SUV. Where I used to work (years ago) we had a mini TV in one of the break rooms and we would check on news periodically. I can also remember checking on the siege in Waco (Branch Davidians) during the day on that little TV.

It is interesting watching various news to see how they report on the same incident.

Must have been quite a spectacle at the time Tiffs, crikey.

I wish they'd show those live car chases here. Unfortunately, they've got a policy of not publicising these things to discourage criminals going for notoriety.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Kinda weird that for a representative democracy the US gov't classifies so many documents and for so long.
I dunno about that. Depends what's in them, doesn't it? Some things like military secrets need to be kept, well, secret, for a very long time.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I was wrong when Trump's indictment would be announced. "They" announced Trump's indictment after the US oversight committee reviewed the documents yesterday only possible after the FBI was held in contempt of congress for withholding the documents. The documents allegedly show both Biden's connection with bribery in the Burisma Company in Ukraine.

From what I understand with the 7 counts indictment, if Trump is found guilty of all charges, he will never leave prison. On the other hand, those that have been criminal charged in the past, that have been found guilty were the people that willingly shared their information with other contacts. It's my understanding the justice system will have to prove that Trump purposely shared these classified documents in some capacity to be found guilty. But then, that's one opinion and everyone has an opinion right now.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Tiffs, the mere fact that he had these documents after his time was up is a crime, even if they can't prove any sort of intent with them, which I suspect they might be able to do. He'll be found guilty of this since they found mountains of it at his home, so he's finished and will end up in prison for the rest of his life due to his age.

Although he can still technically run for president from prison, it's never happened before and someone would have to be insane to vote for a convicted criminal to run the country.

We wait and see, but I think, finally, sanity is beginning to prevail. I like Biden and hope he gets in for a second term, but I just wish he was 20 years younger as 80 years old takes its toll on everyone and at his age, he should be chilling out and putting his feet up, not have the responsibility and stress of running the biggest country in the world.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Every president is allowed to have certain documents when they leave office to use for their libraries that will be built to display letters from dignitaries etc. All president's have this privilege. What gets me ....and this is missing from the news is where was the breakdown with Trump leaving with these documents? Who prepared them when he left office and why isn't there a better system of accounting of these documents that the library of congress should approve before they every leave the White House?

Yeah, he's toast. There's not been a quiet day in America ever since he came down that elevator with Melania in 2015.

I think most people at 80 should be taking in the best of life too!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Oh please do throw this criminal in jail.

After spending some time processing Trump's legal woes, I don't really think Trump can explain the boxes stacked in a bathroom and his ballroom at Mar-a-Lago. What the heck? o_O

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
After spending some time processing Trump's legal woes, I don't really think Trump can explain the boxes stacked in a bathroom and his ballroom at Mar-a-Lago. What the heck? o_O
Yeah, that's gotta sink him. Johnson's ridiculous lying in parliament finally did him, so I think this could be Trump's downfall that puts him in prison.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Trump is the original unflushable:

Donald Trump has pledged to continue his 2024 presidential campaign even if he is convicted of a felony, saying he would campaign from prison if necessary.

“I’ll never leave,” the former US president told Politico in an interview carried out on his plane between two campaign events. He also dismissed the possibility of pardoning himself, telling the outlet: “I didn’t do anything wrong.”

US law does not bar Trump from running while under indictment, nor would it block him if he was convicted.

I do believe he's desperate enough for power that he'd actually do this. One would have to be insane to vote for a convicted criminal sitting in jail though, but his rabid supporters might just be insane enough do this.

Say he did win, what then? How can state secrets and classified meetings be held maintaining privacy and the shear impracticality of trying to run a country while stuck in a cell. America would become the laughing stock of the world. Even solitary wouldn't be enough. Nah, never gonna happen. If he goes to prison, he's finished and at his age, a sentence of a decade or more is likely to mean life for him. Like Johnson a couple of days ago, good riddance.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Big coverage on CNN, BBC News, Sky News and others of Trump's arrest and arraignment happening right now. Just love this media circus. I really like CNN's coverage, in particular.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Brilliant video. Love the irreverent, sarcastic presentation especially.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This is effectively the text version of that video above. Whichever way one looks at this, Trump's so screwed. He's going to jail and will die there, never becoming president again. He'll regret ever becoming president.

aussiefooty

Just read this thread. Yuck Trump is a smelly individual. What a grub.
Can smell him from over here.
Man he farts around a lot. Causes a lot of stinky situations with the FBI smelling each stink bomb and catching him out.
Phwoar what a stink!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Trump has written an attack in ALL-CAPS on "Truth" Social. He always does this when he's scared shitless, lol. Long may he go to prison and never come out. Go on dipshit, keep putting your foot in it and backing yourself into an ever tighter corner.

Donald Trump on Tuesday ramped up his attack on the federal prosecutor whose charges against him could put him behind bars, this time including in his tirade special counsel Jack Smith’s family, as well ― potentially increasing his exposure to federal prison.

“COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN TO THE DERANGED, TRUMP HATING JACK SMITH, HIS FAMILY, AND HIS FRIENDS, THAT AS PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, I COME UNDER THE PRESIDENTIAL RECORDS ACT, AS AFFIRMED BY THE CLINTON SOCKS CASE, NOT BY THIS PSYCHOS’ FANTASY OF THE NEVER USED BEFORE ESPIONAGE ACT OF 1917,” Trump wrote on his personal social media site early Tuesday in the all-capitals style he favors when he is particularly agitated.

Back
Top Bottom