The Trump downfall thread

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Brian Tyler Cohen's take on this is now out and is well worth watching, especially since he's got Glenn Kirschner as guest speaker who really knows what he's talking about.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
All four criminal charges remain in the documents case despite the supreme court's corrupt ruling of absolute presidential immunity!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
You know it's serious for Trump when this latest news is published by the mainstream British press. :)

US prosecutors have issued new charges against former President Donald Trump for his alleged attempts to interfere in the 2020 election after he lost to Joe Biden.

They are in response to a US Supreme Court ruling last month that said presidents enjoy broad immunity from criminal prosecution for official acts while in office.

The revised indictment lays out the same four criminal counts against Trump, but they now relate to his status as a political candidate rather than a sitting president.

Trump has denied the election interference allegations, though he has maintained his claim - without evidence - that there was widespread voter fraud in the 2020 election.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Did you know that there's critical information about Trump's crimes relating to the Jan 6 insurrection case that's still not been made public? I didn't. Jack Smith is trying to make sure it's made available before the election as the public have a right to know the full facts about what they're voting for.

To be honest, there's already more than enough out there to put off any right thinking individual from voting for him, but this criminal's popularity remains stubbornly high despite this, so more must be done to try and make them realise what he is and hopefully be put off voting for him.

Expertly explained by Glenn Kirschner in the video.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Trump hits the golf course as his campaign implodes! :ROFLMAO: Long may he continue.

Presentation from this channel I've just found and subbed, Farron Balanced. Check out the cat right at the end. ❤️

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This one's a doozy. Here's Trump idiotically confessing to interfering with the 2020 election and claiming that he has every right to do it! 🤦‍♂️ Glenn Kirschner then explains how this will get him nailed in court by the prosecution.

It was interesting to see the Fox host just nodding along with Trump as if her were saying sagelike truths lol.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Michele Obama in August saying Trump will cancel IVF for women.

Trump 4 months earlier saying he fully supports IVF for women.

More lies about Trump.

Geffers

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yeah, Michelle Obama was wrong on that one. I wonder why she said something so easily disproved. Perhaps she was confused, or Trump may have been against it previously?

Thing is Geffers, Trump lies about nearly everything, with video of him proving him saying those things, all the time which are then easily fact checked. He also says crazy things like that he has the right to meddle in elections, effectively confessing to meddling in the 2020 election. It's right there a couple of posts up if you don't believe me.

Hence, this one thing by Obama makes no difference.

Here's an article on what Obama said, from a reputable source.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Here's a video from BTC published just a few minutes ago about Trump's confession of his interference in the 2020 election. It covers the same ground as the Glenn Kirschner video in post 1006 above, but told a bit differently and with slightly different angles.

@Geffers it's important that you see this video and perhaps the previous one. I'd be interested in your take on Trump's confession / self incrimination.

live627

I wonder why she said something so easily disproved.
I think it may stem from the assumption that Republicans want to restrict access to birth control, abortion, whatever. Trump isn't a traditional Republican, the establishment is left in a whirlwind and don't know what to do.

IIRC, a similar process is done to cows to get them to lay and hatch milk.

Astro What

Yeah, Michelle Obama was wrong on that one. I wonder why she said something so easily disproved. Perhaps she was confused, or Trump may have been against it previously?
The problem is that technically, his original position (and that of much of MAGA faithful) on abortion meant that the use of a fetus that was created outside the uterus for implantation (which is a form of IVF), since frequently the fetus might be disposed of if something went wrong or if the owners of them got pregnant and did and if there were other ovum that were fertilized kept. Since the radical anti-abortion stance is that those are "humans", disposing of them equated to killing an unborn child.
The 19th RNC approved a postion that gave "rights" to a fetus, establishing fetal personhood through the Constitution’s 14th Amendment in their official position documentation.
It is one of the reasons that the ever wish-washy Trump's new stance is upsetting a lot of anti-abortion activists.
Anyone who has followed Trump for any length of time knows he will say whatever it takes to sound good, even though he never means to implement it.

I think it may stem from the assumption that Republicans want to restrict access to birth control, abortion, whatever.
There is no "assumption" there. Look at the official stance of the RNC that I mentioned above. Taken to the extreme (which we know radical segments of both parties tend to do) the statement is valid.
Why else did the Republicans in office block legislation that would have guaranteed protection for IVF?
In Texas, our illustrious state GOP ratified a new platform that promises ‘equal protection for the preborn,’ and asserts fertilized eggs are entitled to ‘the right to life and that starts from the moment of fertilization.

Or how about the Alabama Supreme Court (conservatives) ruling that frozen embryos are children”? Disposing of a frozen embryo is murder according to that stance and not a medical process.

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
The problem is that technically, his original position (and that of much of MAGA faithful) on abortion meant that the use of a fetus that was created outside the uterus for implantation (which is a form of IVF), since frequently the fetus might be disposed of if something went wrong or if the owners of them got pregnant and did and if there were other ovum that were fertilized kept. Since the radical anti-abortion stance is that those are "humans", disposing of them equated to killing an unborn child.
The 19th RNC approved a postion that gave "rights" to a fetus, establishing fetal personhood through the Constitution’s 14th Amendment in their official position documentation.
It is one of the reasons that the ever wish-washy Trump's new stance is upsetting a lot of anti-abortion activists.
Anyone who has followed Trump for any length of time knows he will say whatever it takes to sound good, even though he never means to implement it.
Perhaps that's what Obama's referring to. Sounds really convoluted, crikey.

Astro What

Perhaps that's what Obama's referring to. Sounds really convoluted, crikey.
Not really that convoluted... once you declare a fetus at any point as being alive you start down that slippery slope.
The determining factor should be point of viability. If the fetus can exist outside the womb on its own, then it is alive. Before that that it is still only a mass of cells with the potential of life.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
If the fetus can exist outside the womb on its own, then it is alive. Before that that it is still only a mass of cells with the potential of life.
Both the egg and the sperm are alive or the fertilization couldn't take place and I don't mean that in any religious way, ie they're functioning biological machines.

Astro What

Both the egg and the sperm are alive or the fertilization couldn't take place and I don't mean that in any religious way, ie they're functioning biological machines.
No, there are cells alive. There is not a viable fetus.
By your statement, you could never have surgery or any treatment that excises dangerous tissue as those cells are "alive".

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
No, there are cells alive. There is not a viable fetus.
By your statement, you could never have surgery or any treatment that excises dangerous tissue as those cells are "alive".
What? I'm just saying the cells have to be alive to function, not that they have any kind of consciousness at that stage.

And yes, removing something like cancer means killing those cells. In fact, articles about treatment always talks about killing cancer cells as they're very much alive. If they're simply cut out for example, then they just go in the bin or an incinerator and die there, that's it.

I don't see what there's to disagree about here.

Astro What

What? I'm just saying the cells have to be alive to function, not that they have any kind of consciousness at that stage.

And yes, removing something like cancer means killing those cells. In fact, articles about treatment always talks about killing cancer cells as they're very much alive. If they're simply cut out for example, then they just go in the bin or an incinerator and die there, that's it.

I don't see what there's to disagree about here.
There are different levels of "live". That is why you reference fetal viability. Until that point, it is just a mass of cells.
Using your statement, every time a guy tosses off, they then have committed what the anti-abortionist (and your level of statement) would classify as an abortion. :geek:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I've never heard of different levels of live, lol; it's not a thing. The cell is either live / functional or not. And tbh, I don't care what some anti-abortionist thinks of my statement anyway.

Astro What

I've never heard of different levels of live, lol; it's not a thing. The cell is either live / functional or not. And tbh, I don't care what some anti-abortionist thinks of my statement anyway.
Yeah, it is a "thing" when talking abortion and anti-abortion unluckily.
By the positions I gave, once a ovum is fertilized, they consider it a "human being", ergo being "alive".
So, does a petri dish of live human cells have rights? ;)

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Ok, you've misunderstood by what I meant by "thing" in this context, but perhaps the way I've used it is a little ambiguous here, my bad. I was just emphasizing that there aren't different levels of "live", is all. The closest to that would be if the cell is sick and how sick it is and hence close to death as a measure of how "alive" it is.

Yes, the collection of cells are certainly a living thing, or entity, and should be treated as such, whether they've developed further or not. At this stage though, no, they don't have rights since they haven't yet developed consciousness and can't feel anything. It's like we don't consider plants to have rights since they can't think or feel although they're indeed alive. This is why it's a ridiculous notion of the anti-abortionists / pro lifers to call aborting such an early fetus murder and to assign it rights as if it's a person since it's obviously not. Where exactly that point is however, is a grey area and not one that I'm qualified to answer.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
The latest polling shows Dems on course for a narrow win at the election. Good news, but that lead needs to be substantially widened for there to be confidence in this.

Unbelievable how so many people will support Trump no matter what for a polling result like this. It shouldn't even be close and in fact he should be disqualified.

live627

We know how reliable polls are because of what happened in that 2016 election when the honorable Puking Dog lost to Deez Nuts.

Astro What

We know how reliable polls are because of what happened in that 2016 election when the honorable Puking Dog lost to Deez Nuts.
What is funny is I have been seeing more Democrat candidate yard signs in my neighborhood this year than I ever have... and this is a Republican "stronghold" in Texas.
Very few Cruz signs and a LOT of signs for Allred. Honestly, I'll probably be voting for Allred myself as an anti-MAGA vote.
It's going to take some heavy duty shock treatment to get the current GOP back to sanity and if that calls for them losing what should normally be easy elections, so be it.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Allan Lichtman has a track record of correctly predicting the presidential winner and he predicts it's gonna be Harris this time, so it's another positive indication, however small.

The Nostradamus of U.S. presidential elections has predicted a winner when the country goes to the polls in November.

Pollsters will no doubt swing back and forth between Kamala Harris and Donald Trump as the race comes down to the wire, but Allan Lichtman has history on his side.

The American University history professor and former quiz champion has forecast the White House winner in almost every election since 1984. The exception was in 2000, when he picked Al Gore over George W. Bush, although Lichtman did claim his model was then based on the popular vote, which Gore narrowly won.

UPDATE: Read the above in the context of live627's debunk article a few posts down:

Back
Top Bottom