The Trump downfall thread

live627

This thread has been a bit quiet over the last week
Busy jamming to the new memes of Trump saying that they eat the cats 😎

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
The Republican party are such cheating scumbags. Now it looks like Trump is gonna lose, they're trying to game the electoral college to make it next to impossible for Harris to win. They're doing this in Nebraska, where the electoral college has an unusual way of working.

With less than two months to go before the 2024 election, top Republicans and allies of former President Donald Trump are pushing for a last-minute change to the Electoral College.

If they're successful, Vice President Kamala Harris' path to the presidency would become significantly tougher.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I think it's beginning to dawn on Trump that he's gonna lose. Yeah, for sure he's not gonna run as he'll be in jail for his crimes and he'll be 82. That cognitive decline is obvious now, so imagine how bad it could be by then, or he might be dead anyway of old age.

In an interview with Sinclair Media Group, he was asked if he could foresee another run in the event that he loses to Democratic Vice-President Kamala Harris. "No, I don't. I think... that will be it," Trump said. "I don't see that at all."

In the past, the real estate mogul has rarely acknowledged the possibility of losing the election, more often firing up supporters with speeches and social media posts pledging victory at the polls.

But this is the second time in four days he has mentioned a chance of defeat.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
The Republican party are such cheating scumbags. Now it looks like Trump is gonna lose, they're trying to game the electoral college to make it next to impossible for Harris to win. They're doing this in Nebraska, where the electoral college has an unusual way of working.

BTC's take on this in his usual highly articulate way.

Astro What

Trumpty Dumpty is rather upset at the Nebraskan Republican Senate member who basically killed the idea of a special session to massage Trumps ego. Whining that he is a Democrat who changed to a Republican (which normally they would be crowing and signing praises about) and that he's not a "real" Republican. When Trump says that, what he means is that they don't bend the knee to him and worship him as he thinks they should.
I will be SO glad when this election is over. The only problem is Trump will probably try to get some of his kids to run next so that the grift can continue. Easy money is hard to pass up when you have so many rubes throwing it at you as soon as you ask them.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
"Trumpty Dumpty" - haha, oh stop it! :ROFLMAO:

Good point about his kids continuing the grift though. If so, then this nightmare will never be over, damnit. I just want "normal" US elections before this clown came on the scene.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
And the Republican's cheating efforts are over. I'm sure they'll try again one day, but at least the threat is over for this election.

Republicans on Monday conceded defeat in their push to change how the state of Nebraska counts its electoral votes as a way to help Donald Trump beat Kamala Harris in November.

“Our governor had considered a special session of the legislature in order to make that change, but the votes aren’t there to do it,” U.S. Sen. Deb Fischer (R-Neb.) told reporters on Monday after a key Republican in the Nebraska Legislature announced his opposition.

“It’s over,” she said.

Astro What

Trump's big thing has always been to play the fear card. Remember all the dire consequences he warned us of if Biden got into office?
Strangely enough... those did not materialize. He continues with them for the dire consequences that will happen if Harris gets into office this election cycle.
He takes his cue from most propaganda programs... many of which are still used by authoritarian/dictator rulers.

Honestly... Trumps batteries look like they are well past the expiration date and are needing replacement.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
He's full of shit, indeed. He's still spouting that cats and dogs lie, isn't he?

Despite all these setbacks and looking like a busted flush, he's somehow still neck and neck with Harris. Read that on CNN only yesterday. Infuriating.

Astro What

He's full of shit, indeed. He's still spouting that cats and dogs lie, isn't he?

Despite all these setbacks and looking like a busted flush, he's somehow still neck and neck with Harris. Read that on CNN only yesterday. Infuriating.
The problem is, as with many countries, the public has become radicalized to the left or to the right. Neither one realizes that the BEST solution for all is a centrist one.
For both, it is a "my way or the highway" attitude. And it will honestly be the downfall of democracy in the end.
I have no issues with that.. if it comes down to a dog eat dog world... I have NO compunctions with blowing someone away. For now and in the future... my and mine are more important than someone else personal wants. None of my family desires to intrude on another.. but if you come stomping into our garden, expect to become fertilizer for our plants. We were all raised (myself, my spouse and my kids) to be rather independent and not needing the support of others other than a general aspect.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yes, I've noticed this left-right polarisation too and it's a shame as both extremes lead to dictatorship. I don't think democracy will fall though as there seem to be enough checks and balances to stop this happening, at least for now. Can't speak for 100 years from now, say, as a lot will happen, but none of us will be around to see it, anyway. I consider myself to be centre left.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Here's a sobering piece from professor Doug Usher about what the polls are telling us and I feel he's right, unfortunately.

For all the weird things that Trump says, the debate aftermath and other things, somehow he's still neck and neck with Harris and the overall trend is hardly shifting. It's nice to see BTC point out various blunders and setbacks that he's experiencing which myself and Astro What post a selection of here, but somehow it doesn't seem to be impacting his election chances. Annoying, really annoying. What does it take for the veil to lift from people's eyes and kick him to the curb? That's the power and danger of a cult, that it doesn't matter what their leader says or does, his brainwashed followers will just continue to rapturously follow him right over the edge into the abyss - and drag along us sane people with them.

The campaign sprint to Election Day has begun, and as always, an inordinate amount of attention is on public polling. Those polls are telling us the real story of the campaign so far — but are we willing to listen?

Looking across the campaign over the last six months, beyond the wilder twists — including not just two vice presidential selections but also President Biden’s unprecedented withdrawal and two attempts on Donald Trump’s life — a clearer story emerges. The only significant changes in head-to-head presidential polling happened in quick succession: after Biden’s debate, and then after Harris replaced him as the nominee.

That’s it — all the rest is noise.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Two things to report on:

Latest national poll says Harris now has a 7 point lead over Trump. This really needs to ramp up to be meaningful and give some confidence that Trump won't get into power.

However, Trump still stubbornly has the edge on the economy when it's actually Biden who's done better. This is the number one priority for Americans, so shifting this incorrect perception is really important. His popularity might well tank if this can be achieved causing a Democratic landslide and then let's see him try to argue that the election was rigged.

Vice President Harris now holds a 7-point lead over former President Trump, according to a new national survey.

The survey, conducted by Reuters and Ipsos, found Harris leading with 46.61 percent support compared to Trump’s 40.48 percent, rounding to a 47-40 gap. That margin was slightly higher than the 5-point advantage over Trump the prior edition of the poll found Harris held.

This article attempts to explain why so many people still back Trump after everything.

For many people, especially those leaning left, Donald Trump’s disqualifications to be president seem obvious, prompting some to question: How could anyone still vote for Trump?

Astro What

What does it take for the veil to lift from people's eyes and kick him to the curb? That's the power and danger of a cult, that it doesn't matter what their leader says or does, his brainwashed followers will just continue to rapturously follow him right over the edge into the abyss - and drag along us sane people with them.
That's the polarization issue. They really don't care what kind of BS he spews. He has to be right because that's what they believe in and they cannot admit that they might be wrong or that he is wrong because of party identification.
He is simply an entertainer, and he entertains them. It says a LOT about our society.
Some people (many in fact) will vote for whomever the ticket puts up. They could put up a Hitler/Mussolini/Putin/Kim Jong Un and just because it was the Republican Party they would vote for him. It's a form of psychosis. They can't look at what the candidate actually stands for or their historical behavior..... just because they are at the top of their party ticket, they HAVE to be supported.

Sadly... I got a feeling even if Trump looses this election, you will still see a Trump name running for the office for at least the next election or two.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
More great news for our Donny!

All or most of that extra information about his Jan 6 insurrection is gonna be revealed in early October! Just about the worst possible time for his election chances. Something that's normally called a political "October surprise" when one party tries to sabotage the other with damning revelations, but this time it's just the natural timing of the wheels of justice turning that's done it, without regard for the election, which is as it should be. Can't wait.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Harris's lead is widening. Only small amounts so far, but when those Jan 6 revelations I talked about above come to light, it might widen substantially, and hopefully, catastrophically for Trump.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Reported a couple of days ago, this is bad news for justice. I wonder why Brian Tyler Cohen hasn't covered something this significant.

Lawyers for Donald Trump enjoyed a warm reception in a Manhattan appellate courtroom on Thursday as they argued for the overturning of a massive $454 million civil fraud verdict won this year by the New York Attorney General's Office.

During a brief but rapid-fire dialogue, four of the five justices on the panel expressed support of Trump's arguments for overturning, or at least modifying, the costly verdict against the former president and his New York-based real-estate and golf-resort empire.

Astro What

Generally from what I have seen, he doesn't tend to cover speculation but facts. It's one of the reasons I rather like him.
Until the court rules, we don't know what they will do. They could easily be playing devils advocate for "show" with the social climate the way it is.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
The orange moron just posted this vile hate message on his "Truth" Social platform:

View attachment 1796

You wouldn't normally believe that a 78 year old man would be so childish would you? But then this is Donald Trump where anything bad and stupid is possible. It also potentially puts her in physical danger from all the crazy, unhinged end of the MAGA crowd. Thankfully, she's wealthy beyond most people's wildest dreams hence can afford top security, so don't fret too much.

Meanwhile, Taylor Swift goes on a chat show and rattles off a long list of cat breeds from memory. ❤️ This shows that she likes cats and is also a dig at DJ Vance's "childless cat ladies" slur. Check it out:

Here's Brian Tyler Cohen's take on this:

Bearing in mind the relentless hate he has had directed at him for around 8 years from Democrats, media, Hollywood and much of the music industry I think his responses are pretty tame by comparison.

As Tulsi Gabbard has indicated, doubtful any other person would be mentally capable of successfully running a country for 4 years whilst the Democrats relentlessly tried to undermine him, fighting the malicious allegations since 2021, run his business, fight the court cases and at age 78 campaign and still remain upbeat after two assassination attempts. Plus for the four year Presidency he took no wages, the honour of the position was sufficient.

Geffers

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Here's a great video from Adam Mockler ably demonstrating how unhinged and past it our Donny is, especially with the mumbling and word salads. Oh and he's using footage of Donny himself to prove it irrefutably, so it's not just a "Democratic stitch-up" like Donny would like to claim.

Enjoy.

data66

For those of us that would have to live under his dictatorship, it's such a dark cloud on the horizon thinking of another unholy reign by The Donald. All the hate, mistrust, and negativity he stirs up just pushes one to want to dig a hole and cover up. He's evil, PERIOD. The thought of someone who just wants to grab women by the "p", who wants to ban muslims, who just brings hate wherever he goes and wherever he spouts, of him running this country like this run on sentence, makes me wonder what my grandfather gave his life for at Normandy. Not this, that's for sure. I wonder if those from other countries who support him would like him to run your country? If so, take him, please.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Yeah, Michelle Obama was wrong on that one. I wonder why she said something so easily disproved. Perhaps she was confused, or Trump may have been against it previously?

Thing is Geffers, Trump lies about nearly everything, with video of him proving him saying those things, all the time which are then easily fact checked. He also says crazy things like that he has the right to meddle in elections, effectively confessing to meddling in the 2020 election. It's right there a couple of posts up if you don't believe me.

Hence, this one thing by Obama makes no difference.

Here's an article on what Obama said, from a reputable source.

Because the Obama's walk on water, can't do a thing wrong in many eyes. If Obama says it it must be true.

Trump got blames for caging children at the Southern border, that was left over from Obama administration.

Of course it's right there a couple of posts up, like Obama's lie is right there, like Jussie Smollets lie, like Bubba Wallace lie, like Russian collusion lie, like Charlottesville lie and numerous others.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Hurricane Helene devastation on Georgia. Trump has already (day after) brought oil, petrol, water, cranes, workers, food helpers. Cranes and equipment via his contacts in the Real Estate industry, finance covered by Samaritans purse, a charity started by Billy Graham.

Why do people hate him so much? The only President in modern history who's personal wealth diminished whilst in office.

It's a funny old world.

Geffers

Back
Top Bottom