The Twitter thread

Mars

Staff Member
@Mars don't worry, the new Threads app has taken off like a rocket and is giving TwitterX a kicking.

Threads has been created as a competitor by Meta, the company behind the Warm&Cuddly(tm) Facebook, bless.
ahhh, nice to know, I hope he gets a licking. Mind you, you won't see me on either twitter or FB, I just do not like the man, therefore happy to hear he gets a good old kick in the behind.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
@aussiefooty 🤭

@Mars, you made me laugh. :ROFLMAO:

@Retro Thanks for the update that Threads is kicking twitterX. 🙃

I didn't like the way "X" did business with one of their member who actually had the @X for their twitter handle for years. I did see the member took it well and seems to be a good guy, but wow. Just took it away, no sorry or nothing. 😕

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
This really should be merged with the main Twitter thread, to keep the discussion neatly in one place, but I don't wanna rain on your parade so perhaps will leave it like this. Waddya think, @Geffers?

Yes Retro, by all means merge the thread.

Geffers

aussiefooty

Which app's better? Threads or twitter?

I use both. I'd say threads is better just by a bees dick!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
The rats are abandoning the sinking ship. Musk has really ruined Twitter.

The ABC is shutting down almost all of its official accounts on Twitter – now known as X under Elon Musk’s ownership – citing “toxic interactions”, cost and better interaction with ABC content on other social media platforms.

There will only be four remaining official accounts for Australia’s public broadcaster: @abcnews, @abcsport, @abcchinese and the master @abcaustralia account. ABC Chinese reaches Chinese-speaking audiences on X.

“Starting from today, other ABC accounts will be discontinued,” the ABC managing director, David Anderson, has told staff.

TwitterX.jpg

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Looks like Zuckerberg and Musk wanna beat each other up in Italy for charity.

It's a mistake for both of them to do this; but obviously for charity so I'd say "fighter's ready" and duke it out. Musk is clearly out of shape, and Zuck has an amateur understanding of jiu jitsu. I'm envisioning The Way of the Dragon effect in Italy, but neither are Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris, but the landscape will be nice. I read Dana White is involved, so maybe there's a cooler head in the room to make this right so the rules prevent either of them to cause harm, but I would predict it's going to be like two girls slapping each other with wide swiping swings instead of pro tight spring back punches, a few falls and if one takes the other to ground, it won't last long with a tap-out pretty immediate. I'm looking forward to the inevitable stare down after they make weight....oh wait a minute, neither will make weight and aren't even matched up right with weight in mind. Naw, I'll watch the Ultimate Fighter instead....which is real MMA.;)

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I think it will be an embarrassment to watch, in that entertaining way. I'm not gonna pay for the privilege though, even if it's ostensibly for charity. I never quite trust these things and I bet it will cost top dollar.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I wouldn't pay for it either. This is a stunt not worth watching. I don't like Zuck and Musk's motives in anything keeps me on guard.

Crims

Wethermon
I'm undecided on whether it's a good thing that Twitter is being treated with the level of respect imho it should've had at the beginning. News will probably be reposted by Twitter users anyway as it's influential.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
This is getting totally ridiculous.

Musk is not fit, his weight is the only thing he has going for him against Zuck, IMHO.

This reminds me of how celebrities act like they hate each other (eg. Bing Crosby and Bob Hope) but in real life have a friendship of some sort but they keep themselves in the news media over their verbal brawls.

Musk still talking about neck surgery....I agree, I don't think he's serious either. This appears as just a social media stunt.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I'm undecided on whether it's a good thing that Twitter is being treated with the level of respect imho it should've had at the beginning. News will probably be reposted by Twitter users anyway as it's influential.

Influential, agree, for the purpose of being "the other platform" now.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Now Musk removes a critical feature. Funny how every change he makes to Twitter is a bad one, isn't it?

I think that removing "blocking" is insane. Sometimes there are creepy people you just don't want to have access to you.

The X boss said users will still be able to block people from directly messaging them, however.
But many people on social media said it will make it hard for people to remove abusive posts from their timeline.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Musk is now blocking the people complaining about blocking. Good grief!

"Pretty fun blocking people who complain that blocking is going away," Musk wrote. "How does the medicine taste?"

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yet another screwup from Musk:

Elon Musk, the owner of X – the company formerly known as Twitter – said on Saturday that the social media platform “may fail” as a new glitch wiped out most pictures tweeted before December 2014.

“The sad truth is that there are no great ‘social networks’ right now. We may fail, as so many have predicted, but we will try our best to make there be at least one,” Mr Musk posted on X.

Oh dear.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Musk is slowly killing Twitter, not least because of that stupid rebrand to X. Hopefully, he'll eventually be forced to sell it and someone that knows what they're doing will reverse those changes and bring it back to its former glory. Here's hoping, anyway.

Elon Musk wrote within hours of buying Twitter that he “didn’t do it because it would be easy”.

That statement has proven to be one of the few certainties about his ownership of the influential social media platform, which has tipped the business into a state of constant flux, with advertisers slashing spending, user numbers down, regulators circling and the staff at less than 50% of what it used to be.

‘Let that sink in!’ The 13 tweets that tell the story of Elon Musk’s turbulent first year at Twitter (or X)
Read more

From dumping a world-renowned brand to attempting to overhaul the company’s business model, Musk has changed Twitter more in the past year than any other executive in the 16 years prior.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Yet another screwup from Musk:

Oh dear.

How does that even happen...the brightest of the brightest, serious IT and dev's and experienced techs. Good grief! Wth?
Good. He deserves to fail.
Agreed, ya don't mess with the mojo.
Musk is slowly killing Twitter, not least because of that stupid rebrand to X. Hopefully, he'll eventually be forced to sell it and someone that knows what they're doing will reverse those changes and bring it back to its former glory. Here's hoping, anyway.

If it will ever recover, Twitter (not calling it X🙃) needs Musk out of it and not even that Linda Yaccarion he appointed as CEO can fix it. She's just as much kryptonite as Musk in my humble opinion.

Back
Top Bottom