Tories to allow organisations to bar trans women if they win election

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Anyone who follows my politics on NerdZone will know how much I detest the tories, however, they can still be right on some things and this is one of them. Heck, even Trump is right occasionally and that man is a walking disaster who was rightly convicted the other day. They make the following claim if they win the election:

Kemi Badenoch has said the Conservatives will change the Equality Act to rewrite the definition of sex and allow organisations to bar transgender women from single-sex spaces, including hospital wards and sports events.

The party will make clear that the protected characteristic of sex means biological sex, enabling those who wish to bar male-bodied people from organisations or activities to do so.

Badenoch said it would provide reassurance for services such as those aimed at domestic abuse victims.

“Whether it is rapists being housed in women’s prisons, or instances of men playing in women’s sports where they have an unfair advantage, it is clear that public authorities and regulatory bodies are confused about what the law says on sex and gender and when to act – often for fear of being accused of transphobia, or not being inclusive,” Badenoch said.

“That is why we are today pledging that, if we form a government after the election, we will clarify that sex in the law means biological sex and not new, redefined meanings of the word. The protection of women and girls’ spaces is too important to allow the confusion to continue.”

It's a shame that this will never happen since they're most likely to lose the election and Labour are all-in on this politically correct nonsense. At least the terrible damage that the tories continue to do to the country will stop and that's a much bigger issue than this, so I'm sticking with Labour as the better option.

Back
Top Bottom