What's with the murder rampages in America lately?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I'm talking in principle here and I know that psychopathy exists on a sliding scale, a bit like autism is a spectrum disorder and can be diagnosed using standard tests. Obviously any practical system is going to have lots of grey areas and problems, not least corruption, I get that.

Should the government or other official body run a standardised test and if the man or woman scores high enough, just chuck them in prison and throw away the key even if they haven't actually done anything? No, of course not, that would be insane. However, if they do get caught for some crime, murder, fraud etc and they test positive for psychopathy, then I do think that they should get longer sentences than a "normal" criminal. How they're then treated once inside is for another thread.

Regarding those psychopathy traits, lack of empathy for anyone or any animal is the first and foremost one. Without this, they simply don't give a shit about anyone and the others naturally follow since the barriers to harming others for personal gain are down. Again, there are degrees of that lack of empathy.

Given that between 1% and 4% (studies vary) of CEOs of companies exhibit signs of psychopathy this would be an interesting situation to set in motion.

Yes, companies, especially large ones, most certainly do exhibit quite significant psychopathic traits, I remember seeing that too. The percentage of CEOs with that trait was somewhat higher in the article I read, I believe. The recent scandal of P&O Ferries laying off their entire staff for cheaper versions supposedly to keep the company afloat without any kind of notice or due process is a fine example of this. I'm so glad I don't work for that company.

eidairman1

I understand your fears, me too, as a US citizen. There's a massive amount of tension in the US, lots of anger and now with the economies potential collapse by a long recession, people are getting scared and desperate.

The Second Amendment of the United States, gives citizens of the United States:

My response: The Second Amendment does not give people the right to kill indiscriminately.

I'm glad you've reached out on this serious topic and as an American, I will do my best to share in an honest discourse with facts, news and personal observation.
Necro, The 2A was written to protect Innocent citizens from criminals, terrorists, corrupt governments by putting them on a equal playing field. Laws never affect the badguys as they would obtain weapons no matter how many bans there are, also the police only ever get to a situation after a crime has been committed, a bullet is faster than the police. You won't see on mainstream news networks that a law abiding citizen stopped a criminal or terrorist from shooting up a place because it never fits the communist/fascist/nwo agenda. Also mass shootings always occur on soft targets meaning schools, grocery stores, air ports, banks, restaurants, places to gather for worship, movie theaters. Never on gov't buildings, if the gov was so truly appalled with this they would have armed Guards in Schools etc like there are in Isarel and yes Hong Kong, but that doesnt fit their agenda of trying to control the innocent.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Never on gov't buildings, if the gov was so truly appalled with this they would have armed Guards in Schools etc like there are in Isarel and yes Hong Kong.
You could start a whole thread on this awful issue and the NRA if you like. There's certainly a lot of corruption there that allows these fucking nutcases to murder people indiscriminately like this. These murders are big time one of my Pet Hates.

Duh, this is that thread! 🤦‍♂️

eidairman1

You could start a whole thread on this awful issue and the NRA if you like. There's certainly a lot of corruption there that allows these fucking nutcases to murder people indiscriminately like this. These murders are big time one of my Pet Hates.

That is true but criminals will always find a way of obtaining weapons to commit murder, laws limit the citizen, its why the US Constitution must be kept in force here but With as corrupt as dc is, its time dc be taken down

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
btw @eidairman1, you can make consecutive posts at NZ too, just don't go mad with lots of them at once is all. That's in the rules too, check out my new, improved v1.01 version. :)

eidairman1

btw @eidairman1, you can make consecutive posts at NZ too, just don't go mad with lots of them at once is all. That's in the rules too, check out my new, improved v1.01 version. :)

Its why ive truncated/parsed some so I dont flood the threads accidentally

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I'm concerned about today's safety for those going out in large crowds. Even my dd has made alternative plan's for today's holiday so she's not in a large crowd somewhere and subject to terror.

I'm still in favor of a good guy with a gun or as an alternative having combat skills and competency with other useful tools that may help save your life or others with a mad man. The bad guys will never turn in or submit their unregistered/ghost guns.

What's happening in France is really awful. They're going all American style with riots, arson and property damage....and I'm not proud of that statement. America is not what it once was.

eidairman1

I'm concerned about today's safety for those going out in large crowds. Even my dd has made alternative plan's for today's holiday so she's not in a large crowd somewhere and subject to terror.

I'm still in favor of a good guy with a gun or as an alternative having combat skills and competency with other useful tools that may help save your life or others with a mad man. The bad guys will never turn in or submit their unregistered/ghost guns.

What's happening in France is really awful. They're going all American style with riots, arson and property damage....and I'm not proud of that statement. America is not what it once was.
Those aint americans but babylonians

live627

That's a strange statement about America. Might want to rethink that one.

live627

Definitely agree there. Doesn't help that we have (and had) "unifying" *cough* leaders.

eidairman1

I'm completely lost here and haven't a clue as to what those terse statements refer to.

I live under a rock.
Well in France their gov is trying to raise the retirement age like they do here in the U .S. (which is bullshit).

July 4th there were shootings which is an agenda ploy by the dnc to strip the law abiding citizen of their Constitutional Rights in the U.S.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Well in France their gov is trying to raise the retirement age like they do here in the U .S. (which is bullshit).
+1 on that. Here in Brexit Blighty ruined by this awful tory party, they've already raised it from 65 to 67 for men and it's gonna go even higher. It went up for women too, but I'm not sure what that is. Women used to be able to retire at 60.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
You know, as you get older little things happen and you are not as sprite as you once were and even though you try your best to stay well and healthy, having the age of retirement raised can be very difficult for some people that have health issues and still have to keep going and working. I can really empathize with the people of these countries where their governments are raising their retirement age.

This was another senseless tragedy in Fort Worth, Texas.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
@Tiffany and of course, the usual argument is that people are living longer into retirement and there are an increasing number of retirees having to be supported by the employed, hence the retirement age must be increased to keep the retirement funds at a sufficient level.

This simplistic argument sounds watertight until financial analysts look a bit deeper into it and prove that it's false, as there's plenty of money around for retirement funds. Unfortunately, I don't have such an article to hand, but I saw one or two some time ago which debunked this myth.

Regarding that shooting, I often just look at the headlines now as it's so upsetting to read all the details. I may find out more about them later.

RIP those 3 dead victims. :(

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Indeed, people are living longer, but not sure most are living relatively disease free or free of serious maladies.

I could agree too, that there's more funding available, but most governments tend to throw their money towards their pet projects, donors and lobbyist rather then putting funds towards the human equation that deserves attention first.

Back
Top Bottom