Why There Will Never Be Another Movie Like Borat

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
"Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan" to give it its full name, has to be one of my favourite movies of all time: an absolutely outrageous satire / comedy that's one of a kind which I've seen several times over now.

There is also a sequel called "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm" that was also pretty good. Alas, we'll never see any more of these movies or this character, because the actor behind them, Sacha Baron Cohen, doesn't want to do it anymore, saying it's too hard.

This video explains the background to the character and the movie.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The titles shouldn't be in German, it's a quirk of IMDB.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
We've watched this movie a long time ago....I do remember laughing a lot 🤣 and doing a lot of this. 😱😱😱

Mars

Staff Member
"Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan" to give it its full name, has to be one of my favourite movies of all time: an absolutely outrageous satire / comedy that's one of a kind which I've seen several times over now.

There is also a sequel called "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm" that was also pretty good. Alas, we'll never see any more of these movies or this character, because the actor behind them, Sacha Baron Cohen, doesn't want to do it anymore, saying it's too hard.

This video explains the background to the character and the movie.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The titles shouldn't be in German, it's a quirk of IMDB.

No more Borat, what shame. I am usually not a comedy person, but I did like those two films.

Back
Top Bottom