Chit Chat Thread

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
All good @Nebulous. Too busy as usual, but Mother's Day weekend is slowing me down a bit, which is a good thing!

I'll second Happy Mother's Day!

aussiefooty

A busy week for me having to get things ready for a new electric freestanding oven to come in and get installed.
The installation happens early this week.

aussiefooty

As for Mother's Day today i'm heading over to
my parents place to have lunch with them.
Mum's getting a new scarf that will go with her new coat that dad got her.

Crims

Wethermon
I smoke cigars, and I quit a while ago and restarted, so I have a tolerance to quitting. Whenever I have a cigar nowadays it's poison. Don't suggest stopping. It's a stress management and sometimes there's no better choice.
Most of my ideas are spurned from moments of reprieve, so it's both lame and reliable to have a smoke. Plus I feel the need to for some reason purely non-physically (that and my geranium lavender body wash). I have a lot of thoughts relating to fiction, and dreams. I'd like to theorise how but who knows

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Vegan white chocolate? That sounds interesting!

I am sensitive to dairy and sugar alcohols🫣, but I finally found sweets I can tolerate, yay!

Pascha Organic White Baking Chips

aussiefooty

I don't drink anyway. Not after seeing my natural mother do this then pass away from heart issues, sepsis, cancer of the mouth, etc.
it just confirms it. That my natural mother went overboard with everything.
She passed away march 5 2019. 31 days before her 70th birthday.
So that is why i don't drink.

aussiefooty

I am sensitive to dairy and sugar alcohols🫣, but I finally found sweets I can tolerate, yay!

Pascha Organic White Baking Chips

Poor you Tiffany.
i'm both gluten and lactose intolerant.
so i can't have a lot of stuff with pastry around it and wheat, yeast, and flour in it.
Soy milk and lactose free milk is my best friend

Crims

Wethermon
Regular milk is better for me. I'm not sure but goat milk definitely has the best attributes. I'm not... that interested in the flavour of other including soy milks. Love chocolate, though sweets are honestly getting a bit much for me, and I'm trying to take care of my teeth. If everyone is gluten intolerant I moderate and include a bit of all.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Poor you Tiffany.
i'm both gluten and lactose intolerant.
so i can't have a lot of stuff with pastry around it and wheat, yeast, and flour in it.
Soy milk and lactose free milk is my best friend
Gluten and lactose intolerance is a double whammy...really hard to find ready-made foods that don't have your intolerant ingredients in them. I can see why you can't enjoy pastries. We have lactose free milk at home too. Soy can have such a good flavor. I've experimented with wheat alternatives, (I shouldn't eat wheat either) no dairy and no eggs. Sometimes it works and some times it fails really bad. I have so many food restrictions it's ridiculous, so I get your challenge. I have a 100 year old breakfast cake recipe that is delicious, no egg, very basic with brown sugar, wheat flour and butter, however, I plan to modify it with vanilla rice milk in place of the buttermilk and I'll use a wheat alternative and see what I get. I hope it works.
Regular milk is better for me. I'm not sure but goat milk definitely has the best attributes. I'm not... that interested in the flavour of other including soy milks. Love chocolate, though sweets are honestly getting a bit much for me, and I'm trying to take care of my teeth. If everyone is gluten intolerant I moderate and include a bit of all.
I've read very good info on goat's milk but I've never tried it. Chocolate is my favorite sweet and I'd still be eating my favorite chocolate chips that are dairy free, but they suddenly were bothering me so I made the change to the white chocolate chips and they are just fine. Carb's are terrible on teeth, you're smart to be watchful of the foods you eat as the "sugar" that's in carbs while sitting on your teeth, can make your teeth very sensitive and of course can cause decay later. That's nice that you are so caring about what you serve to friends to make sure there's ample choices to for everyone!

Crims

Wethermon
I've read very good info on goat's milk but I've never tried it. Chocolate is my favorite sweet and I'd still be eating my favorite chocolate chips that are dairy free, but they suddenly were bothering me so I made the change to the white chocolate chips and they are just fine. Carb's are terrible on teeth, you're smart to be watchful of the foods you eat as the "sugar" that's in carbs while sitting on your teeth, can make your teeth very sensitive and of course can cause decay later. That's nice that you are so caring about what you serve to friends to make sure there's ample choices to for everyone!
When I'm on my own I'm usually having some Reeces or something similar, though Mars has a diet chocolate drink that tastes good. I'm preferable to the cow farms offered at the supermarket :D
I'm more preferable to stuff I can enjoy, however it's usually served (typically coffee shops). With friends I generally give regular sweets, and with a little bit of personal flair. Love chocolate

aussiefooty

I can't have too much of all things dairy, but if i have anything it will be nutella, m & m's, clinkers, etc
as for margerines and butter it's western for me and nuttlex for me when i need it.
I have my own coffee machine as well.

Crims

Wethermon
I don't drink anyway. Not after seeing my natural mother do this then pass away from heart issues, sepsis, cancer of the mouth, etc.
it just confirms it. That my natural mother went overboard with everything.
My mother is the same, she has given up giving up alcohol, and while she's more reserved about it it's still, well, heartbreaking. It's both classic in stereotype, and it's like the old chefs who think that they need to be on the go 24/7.

I'm off taking a break from this forum for a while anywho

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
When I'm on my own I'm usually having some Reeces or something similar, though Mars has a diet chocolate drink that tastes good. I'm preferable to the cow farms offered at the supermarket :D
I'm more preferable to stuff I can enjoy, however it's usually served (typically coffee shops). With friends I generally give regular sweets, and with a little bit of personal flair. Love chocolate
Chocolate is the ultimate sweet to bring people together :)

I can't have too much of all things dairy, but if i have anything it will be nutella, m & m's, clinkers, etc
as for margerines and butter it's western for me and nuttlex for me when i need it.
I have my own coffee machine as well.

My favorite candy for years and years was M&M's. We use Kerry Gold butter and Vital Farms butter, hadn't tried nutlex or clinkers....nutella, yumm!

I drink decaf green tea all day. I love the smell of coffee and it's brewed every morning at my house.

My mother is the same, she has given up giving up alcohol, and while she's more reserved about it it's still, well, heartbreaking. It's both classic in stereotype, and it's like the old chefs who think that they need to be on the go 24/7.

I'm off taking a break from this forum for a while anywho

Your mom sounds nice!

Nebulous

Hey peeps! Hope you're having a great May. It'll be June already next Thursday! Not looking forward to the super HOT summer weather. It gets way too hot where I am. It's been a little warm lately but we ain't seen nothing yet!

200.gif

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
We are getting into the hot summer heat now, and then the power of the hurricane season is just around the corner.🙁

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
The weather is still pleasant round my wat, but warming up day by day. Hopefully we won't get a heatwave like last year.

Back
Top Bottom