First world problems

Crims

Wethermon
Oh man, it was my mums 65th birthday yesterday. There was no rinse aid at the shops for a long time, so when shopping for a gift I instead bought rinse aid, probably the best gift I could've given for her birthday ha
I plan to make it up to her this week

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Oh man, it was my mums 65th birthday yesterday. There was no rinse aid at the shops for a long time, so when shopping for a gift I instead bought rinse aid, probably the best gift I could've given for her birthday ha
I plan to make it up to her this week

Love that! Sometimes those little thoughtful gifts just mean so much. Happy 65th Birthday to your mum! :)

Crims

Wethermon
Love that! Sometimes those little thoughtful gifts just mean so much. Happy 65th Birthday to your mum! :)
I plan to make the year big and bombastic & so it's a bit transient to give her the basics, good to see the local spelling!
As a side, first world complaint -I've recently gotten a interest in cars - Polo, Mini Cooper, Aston Martin, particularly BMW -- especially

My grandad drove around in a grey Daewoo and I nostalgia for those days

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I plan to make the year big and bombastic & so it's a bit transient to give her the basics, good to see the local spelling!
As a side, first world complaint -I've recently gotten a interest in cars - Polo, Mini Cooper, Aston Martin, particularly BMW -- especially

My grandad drove around in a grey Daewoo and I nostalgia for those days

Good for you!! I don't think I've ever typed the word, bombastic...lol!

I had to look up Daewoo motors. I can relate to your nostalgia. Car knowledge and interest are big in my family too. I miss the Pontiac Trans Am, Pontiac Grand Am, Mitsubishi GT 3000, Dodge Viper, the original Hummer and a myriad of classic sports cars from Ford, Dodge and Chevrolet.

Crims

Wethermon
When I was younger and played racing games my brother would choose the best and I'd drive a hummer just to troll him. Nowadays cars, especially Tesla don't have that character that old cars had.

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Every friggin' news article is still saying "X, formerly known as Twitter". Doesn't the whole world know by now?

Just call it X, or better still, ignore that rename and call it Twitter.

Mars

Staff Member
Every friggin' news article is still saying "X, formerly known as Twitter". Doesn't the whole world know by now?

Just call it X, or better still, ignore that rename and call it Twitter.
I would just ignore X and call it Twitter. Just to annoy the bastard.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
@Crims I like your trolling style with using the hummer :D

@Retro Every time I see "formerly Twitter", I think of Prince when he went to a symbol. Good grief :rolleyes:

@Mars Exactly, "they" need to drop that phrase, everyone know it's Twitter period. ;)

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
A quote from a friend of mine:
"Lack of planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine".

She had this on her desk years ago and used this quote recently in a text to me (in describing other people, not me lol). Kind of cracks me up this week as this about sums up the week I'm having. 🤪

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
News articles are still saying "X, formally known as Twitter" or similar, which is so annoying. How long has it been now since Twitter was rebranded as X? A year or more and everyone knows about it by now ffs. A few brave articles just refer to it as X now, but they're in the great minority unfortunately and it doesn't seem to be growing.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
News articles are still saying "X, formally known as Twitter" or similar, which is so annoying. How long has it been now since Twitter was rebranded as X? A year or more and everyone knows about it by now ffs. A few brave articles just refer to it as X now, but they're in the great minority unfortunately and it doesn't seem to be growing.
Same for me....I would think most everyone knows Twitter is X now, even if you don't post on X because Musk is kind of everywhere in the news most of the time. I'm just saying X now. That doesn't even look right though? I want to put X in "X" parentheses for some reason?:p

Mars

Staff Member
Well, I totally ignore 'X', and keep referring to it as Twitter. Everyone understands what I am talking about.
Imagine, if people just had the sense to ignore that idiotic new name, and continued to refer to Twitter by its former name!
This would have surely knocked that arrogant bastard off his high horse. This would be telling him he can take his 'X' and shove it.....

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Here's a new pet hate that's recently arison from the war on so-called "speeding" when driving. It's become especially prevalent since 20mph zone were put in everywhere, too.

It's when a car in front of me drives off and is rather slow going around 20-25mph. Normally, they speed up to something reasonable, but increasingly often, they don't, they just sit there at this slow pace in third gear and the single lane road makes it impossible to overtake them, while the cars in front disappear into the distance. It's infuriating to sit there waiting for them to speed up, but then it just doesn't happen. If there was ever something to incite road rage, it's this. 20mph for safety, my ass.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Here's a new pet hate that's recently arison from the war on so-called "speeding" when driving. It's become especially prevalent since 20mph zone were put in everywhere, too.

It's when a car in front of me drives off and is rather slow going around 20-25mph. Normally, they speed up to something reasonable, but increasingly often, they don't, they just sit there at this slow pace in third gear and the single lane road makes it impossible to overtake them, while the cars in front disappear into the distance. It's infuriating to sit there waiting for them to speed up, but then it just doesn't happen. If there was ever something to incite road rage, it's this. 20mph for safety, my ass.

Totally get that pet hate! It's very frustrating to be boxed in or stuck behind a slow driver. It happens a lot here and yesterday I had to do some highway driving into Dallas, same issue...no one can drive right.:eek:

Crims

Wethermon
@the car talk -

I was just talking to my friend in the States about cars and remembered a few posts we had from last year. There was a satire video calling traffic here like being a water droplet in a torrent of water, which reminded me of my grandad and his silver Daewoo lol. My dad got a van and there's a bit of a car craze here these days

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom