First world problems

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
In this thread, let's put our everyday first world problems into a little perspective.

Post about the kind of niggly things that are absolutely trivial compared to the real problems in the world such as abject poverty in third world countries, war in Ukraine, destruction of homes and cities from climate change wild weather, etc. Let's hear about your niggles of life that can irritate and tick you off to various degrees, but are in fact, absolutely nothing when compared to the really serious problems in the world and should make us feel lucky that we're not in any of those dire situations.

I'll get the ball rolling. Today, I finally got round to playing last year's Call of Duty in multiplayer Gun Game mode since I hadn't played it in ages and really enjoy it... but it's gone! Yes, for some unfathomable reason, Activision decided to remove it after it being there since day one. Retro ragequits and stamps foot!! Well, almost. I actually played one round of Free-for-All (deathmatch mode) and that was enough for me. I really want Gun Game.

Now, let's hear about your first world problems.

EDIT: the more banal the problem is, the better!

UPDATE 19.07.2023
I've now created an antedote thread to this one:

Crims

Wethermon
I'd say that with games, it's currently beyond a cliche for game developers to cut game content "because capitalism" and almost all 2nd world countries have access to games... so it's a justified complaint.

My favourite game 0hh1.com has gotten boring, and the games the studio made to replace it aren't as good.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Ok here's another one: my DVR crashed while recording the other day. It would only respond to the power switch on the remote, with the picture being frozen on the last menu item it was displaying. I was forced to pull the plug on it to clear it.

Oh, the horror! :eek:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Here's a good one: waiting for my mate to join me for online play, as I'm doing now. 5 minutes late already! Sigh.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
We've had similar where the COD game just didn't work properly due to the servers playing up. Four of us must have wasted an hour on it that day.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
My keyboard died on my newest laptop over the weekend. I've spent subsequent hours trying to diagnose and fix it, along with another hour on the phone with Dell support. Keyboard broken, has to be replaced, still under warranty, but now I'm using an external keyboard and it sux. 😝 Not a third world problem but I'm seriously annoyed. :rolleyes:

Arantor

The biggest thing I’ve had lately is getting a window on my Windows app to redraw as you resize it and not just wait for you to finish moving to redraw.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I've run out of milk for two days now so couldn't have a cup of tea in all that time. I've had a terrible time of it! :eek:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
That's a pretty serious problem for a Brit @Retro ;)

Was your local Co-Op out of milk too?

You're right on the seriousness, my hands were shaking and my voice quavering, but this Brit was too lazy to go to the local store for a pint of milk in the meantime, lol. Please facepalm / other reaction as appropriate.

This evening, I finally did go shopping and bought plenty of milk. However, I haven't made a tea yet since I had far too much chocolate to get through in the form of Nutella sandwiches. Gotta get my priorities right, you see.

Arantor

We have had food shortages but… honestly… those are our own fault, and not *nearly* serious enough for this thread.

Tell you what. I am out of Jammie Dodgers.

Arantor

Today I was woken by the fire alarm. Just as I got outside the house, it stopped. (Block of flats, all of the flats have a linked fire alarm.)

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I woke up 10 minutes before my alarm today and feel cheated out of my beauty sleep.

Arantor

When the supermarket sees me buying 2x 2 pint milk cartons and “helpfully” changes it to a single 4 pint carton. That’s not helpful, it doesn’t fit in my fridge door that way! I have a small fridge, the door it no hold 4-pint carton!

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
My Friday first world problem is deciding if I want to be an adult and do chores or forget the whole chore OCB thang and just play the rest of the day. 😊

Whoever came up with the term "adulting" was spot on because the word just encapsulates the whole dynamics of having to be an adult but not wanting the responsibility of being an adult for the day.🫣

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Ever since Harry and Meghan released that Netflix documentary about... themselves :rolleyes: there's news headlines all over the place about it, so I can't help learning more and more about it just from seeing the headlines. I'm not interested and don't want to know anything about it. So annoying!

This is a fine example of the cult of celebrity.

Back
Top Bottom