First world problems

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Indeed, my bags at home don't have this, only the coffee shop ones. I think it's possible to buy the stringy ones at the supermarket though.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
numi c.jpg

This is one of the brands of teas amongst our tea triangle selection of teas. See the little annoying string and tab? Good tea, but I do prefer not to have the string-tail and tab. I deploy @Arantor method of tea making for my husband. He takes his tea with cream.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I've never had tea with cream. Didn't even know they go together and would be nice to try it, but I've never seen that anywhere.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Heavy cream on the weekends and half & half during the week; sometimes butter in coffee 😊

Maybe it makes the tea richer in taste with the heavy cream? Perhaps a Northeast Coastal states thing or a Mr. Pixel original? ☺️

Arantor

I’m not a huge fan of cream in tea but it’s not *that* weird - “cream tea” is a phrase I’ve certainly heard out and about though it’s more old fashioned than anything. We used to have Victorian style tea rooms in town (and I believe Bath still has some) where you might encounter such.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I have experienced "High Tea" twice in my life time. Dallas used to have a posh tea room in a posh part of town. It would be wonderful to experience an authentic Victorian tea room in the UK, plus all of the little sandwiches and deserts...yumm! I'm not a fan of dairy, so it's just plain tea for me, as I do like the "tea" taste by itself.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I'm seeing an increasing number of documentaries without a narrator. However, I think they should have one.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Sooooo......are you seeing documentaries with text only or worse, no text and just moving pictures?:geek:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
It's not that. They have all these people being interviewed and various scenes and photographs, but there's no narrator to stitch it all together with context and background info. I can follow it though and sometimes they have text show on the screen briefly for context. I just think a narrator makes for a better and clearer documentary.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
K, I get it now, narrators are pretty important for context. I don't know if it's a cost cutting thing on the part of the production of the documentaries that they are choosing to not use narrators, and of course there is the "creative license" thing where they think what they are creating should be presented that way......but as we've watched movies over the past few years we've seen a gross amount of cost cutting to the point of loss of movie quality experience.

My quality of writing above could have been improved.....:unsure:

I'm still 😴

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yes, cost cutting did cost my mind, especially as it must become quite expensive to hire a well known actor. I think a narrator also makes the documentary more engaging.

Don't worry about your writing, it was fine. :)

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
The movies that I lose interest in, are movies that take place all in the same "place", unless the acting is exceptional. The movie Speed I with Reeves and Bullock is one of the movies that are an exception and I really liked it. Most of the action was on the bus, but there was so much going on in every scene with high drama. On the other hand, Gravity with Bullock, would be an example of tried my patience but I saw it to the end because I wanted to see how it was going to end.

Arantor

First world problem: we went to view a property, needed to sit somewhere and have lunch afterwards. Neither of us was feeling particularly well so lots of walking to find a possible place was out of the question.

But we ended up sat inside...
...a Wetherspoons.

Crims

Wethermon
The movies that I lose interest in, are movies that take place all in the same "place", unless the acting is exceptional. The movie Speed I with Reeves and Bullock is one of the movies that are an exception and I really liked it. Most of the action was on the bus, but there was so much going on in every scene with high drama. On the other hand, Gravity with Bullock, would be an example of tried my patience but I saw it to the end because I wanted to see how it was going to end.
I agree completely. I loathe films that aren't inventive enough to resemble more than a journal of someone who works in a space ship, or some other setting that is mundane. Reservoir Dogs is a example how to change settings while still having one set.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I agree completely. I loathe films that aren't inventive enough to resemble more than a journal of someone who works in a space ship, or some other setting that is mundane. Reservoir Dogs is a example how to change settings while still having one set.
Reservoir Dogs looks like a good movie! I noticed when we were more in the whole pandemic thing, the films that were produced lacked location changes, most were filmed like in one place. I like to be taken to places from one scene to the next. ;)

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
First world problem: we went to view a property, needed to sit somewhere and have lunch afterwards. Neither of us was feeling particularly well so lots of walking to find a possible place was out of the question.

But we ended up sat inside...
...a Wetherspoons.
I hope you both are feeling better.

Arantor

Why is it, whenever I open a box of (new especially) drugs, I inevitably pick the end where the little leaflet about the drugs is, and not the end that lets me get at the drugs?

(For the record, I am on a daily dose of prescription drugs. I got my bi-monthly refill today, so new boxes it is.)

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I actually prefer opening a pill box that way. I can then remove the leaflet, put the pill strips silver side up and then tuck the leaflet underneath them. This makes it easy to remove and replace the strips and I don't have to flip them to get at the pills.

Arantor

Or you could... open from the other end and arrive at the same outcome? (Maybe with a 180 rotation around the length axis to get silver side up.)

In my case it doesn't matter which way around I open the box, inevitably I end up leaflet-end first when I don't want that.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Meds in bubble pack strips are annoying. Thanks for all of the tips ;)

Iced in, it's cold and hoping to get through this three day ice storm in a few days with no power loss. Good Grief!!

I'm going to make breakfast cake (coffee cake) in a little while. It's an 80 year old recipe.

Arizona

First world problems:

Walking to Costco for a $2 slice of pizza while my tires are being rotated.

Having to order pizza by the slice so I am not tempted to eat too many slices :)

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Or you could... open from the other end and arrive at the same outcome? (Maybe with a 180 rotation around the length axis to get silver side up.)

Not quite I don't think. However, it's a bit confusing trying to picture what you're suggesting, so it would ideally be best demonstrated in person, which unfortunately we can't do. Yet another first world problem, sigh.

First world problem: Walking to Costco for a $2 slice of pizza while my tires are being rotated at the tire shop.
And then of course, there will be a problem with the tires, requiring another trudge back to Costco while they fix it and more $2 pizza (perhaps several slices) to drown your sorrows. Oh, the horror! 😮

Mars

Staff Member
And then of course, there will be a problem with the tires, requiring another trudge back to Costco while they fix it and more $2 pizza (perhaps several slices) to drown your sorrows. Oh, the horror! 😮
....and there is yet another Problem right there: Costco might just run out of pizza slices....you might just have to buy a whole one😲

Back
Top Bottom