First world problems

Arizona

I tend to use apps to order at Taco Bell, McDonald's, etc. Not only are there better deals, but it is easier to customize the order.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I've booked a table on the Harvester website. Much more convenient than phoning like in the old days. Oh hang on, that's not a problem, it's a solution! :ROFLMAO:

Mars

Staff Member
Both. Blind dogs do very well with remembering where things are, unless they get too excited. She eventually died in her senior years, partly due to the underlying, little-understood condition that caused the blindness (SARDS).

There is so much in vet med that is not being actively investigated -- it is maddening. And what is known is not disseminated enough to pet owners and even to some vets.

Part of the problem is vets have willfully relegated themselves (with legislation) to be more like techs than researchers, keeping vet techs from being able to even administer vaccines. There is a strong need for a mid-role practitioner between tech and vet. But the vets are against it, despite complaining about being overwhelmed.

As a group, vets are professionally introverted, with little concern for disseminating information to prevent or recognize common pet emergencies (like bloat in dogs or saddle thrombus in cats).
I agree with what you say. Certainly not all vets have chosen their profession due to their love of animals. In fact, in my opinion, most of them are there for the money.
They know lots of pet owners will give their shirt off their back to treat their ailing companion, MRIs CT scans, X-rays you name it, it's a gold mine for the vets. And let us not mention the annual dental inspection plus clean and polish.... should an extraction be necessary as well, well, this is gonna cost you an arm and a leg.
My moggy needed two teeth extractions last year=fee: just shy of Β£750.

And you mentioned bloat? Had I not done my own research about it, I would not have recognized the signs when my dog started to bloat. Called the vet who took him in immediately and done a wonderful job operating that evening, and my beloved companion lived years afterwards, with no recurrence. But the point is, I was never told beforehand what to look for. Unless you ask a specific question you do not get any helpful info or tips.

Must admit though, there are exceptions, but they are few and far between. I knew two vets who were proper animal people, they got to know you and your pet; you felt so reassured after every visit to the surgery. And they were not greedy!

Mars

Staff Member
I'm quite behind on this thread, you all have been chatty :D So, I'll just say, I'd advocate for best pet wellness and finding a vet that thinks out of the box, which is hard, but hey, I'll press on, if needed with my vet, which I do. No need for multiple vaccines if their titer test still shows they are protected (titer testing is good for humans especially) then I'll wait to repeat that vaccine; can't get out of the rabies vaccine though. I will insist on any vaccines to be administered separately, though inconvenient for multiple visits, but well worth it to monitor reactions and to make sure my fur-babies aren't totally wiped out by a vaccine.

A mortgage process that may take up to three months....wow...hope you close sooner than later.

That receipt on gratuity is worth remembering to always get your receipts at the drive-thru too. I repeatedly have to ask for my receipt at Taco Bueno, same location and same person at the window. This has been going on for a couple of months. I had an issue with Jack-In-The-Box about two years ago, where my credit card was kept (I know, unbelievable, but this person had the slight of hand thing down to a science at the window) and started shopping with it. I haven't been back to JITB since. The power boycotting.
Tiffany, I agree with you about titres. A lot of pet parents don't know about it, and if they do, they are reluctant to fork out for this.
I always do titres first, vaccines later. With my dogs, for years the titres came back showing sufficient antibodies in the blood, so that a vaccine was not necessary. Only had to vaccinate for lepto. Better for the animal for sure. Same with kitty now, but he does not need the one for lepto, as he is an indoor cat.

Arantor

I've spent time this evening admiring some of the folks I follow on Twitter that play around making pixel art.

First world problem: Deluxe Paint by Electronic Arts, for the Amiga was discontinued 25 years ago and I want a modern version of it.
FIrst world problem: I remember when Electronic Arts was a company that produced things other than games, as befitting the name *electronic *ARTS**
First world problem: I keep being inspired to make my own version of Deluxe Paint inheriting much of the same interface but with my own take on a few things and, as the meme goes, ain't nobody got time for that.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Shocking news everybody: Lilt has been rebranded and repackaged! :eek:

I can now get precisely the same product with the same refreshing taste, but simply renamed to Fanta Pineapple and Grapefruit (far too wordy) packaged in different bottles and cans. This news is so bad, that I'm not sure how I can carry on without an intervention. Can someone please help?

lilt.jpg

But seriously, I've not drunk this garbage for years and don't intend to start now. Heck, I'd be happy if they took it off the market completely. I generally don't touch fizzy drinks as they're all so unhealthy, either stuffed with sugar or sweetner and other chemicals euphemistically called "ingredients".

Mars

Staff Member
I must add a facepalm emoji to the likes. Great find there.
facepalm, facepalm, this emoji is at times irreplacible.
Still, when you think about it, if the Beanie Babies were bought as an investment in the first place, then the division makes sense.
Toys, and Special Edition ones especially, are sometimes bought as an investment.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I'm really trying hard to resist truly "getting" the beanie babies couple. o_O Our family grew up with our own collecting....and that's all I'm going to say. :D:censored:

Mars

Staff Member
I'm really trying hard to resist truly "getting" the beanie babies couple. o_O Our family grew up with our own collecting....and that's all I'm going to say. :D:censored:
Yeah, me too, I get the beanie babies couple too.
Now you got me guessing about your own collection....I shall confess that I used to collect Cherished Teddies. I love my collection. When we have rearranged the furniture I put them back in their boxes so they don't get dusty; and there, in their little boxes, they happily live to this day.
But....one day I'm gonna get them out and put them on display again. I will.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Yeah, me too, I get the beanie babies couple too.
Now you got me guessing about your own collection....I shall confess that I used to collect Cherished Teddies. I love my collection. When we have rearranged the furniture I put them back in their boxes so they don't get dusty; and there, in their little boxes, they happily live to this day.
But....one day I'm gonna get them out and put them on display again. I will.

Cherished Teddies are really nice. I can see why you collected them. I have a lot of collectables living in their box. πŸ˜Άβ€πŸŒ«οΈ I really need to take an inventory and pass them on to others that may have always wanted some of them....and then there was the Webkinz craze that started in the summer of 2007 when my daughter got her first Webkinz at her birthday party. My first website was dedicated to Webkinz Moms. Why not, we were all logging into our kids accounts at midnight to do our kids dailies....there was an amazing group of friends that I made during that time and I'm still in touch with many of them. We were the Webkinz family. I won't even tell you how many accounts I have and still maintain but I had so many because I did a lot of virtual trading. πŸ€“

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
My first world problem last night was cooking Italian sausage, but only finding out later from my daughter, after I cooked it like sausage (no pink in the middle because I thought it was pork) that the meat was in fact 85% ground beef and 15% sausage with Italian spices. Do you see where I'm going with this? Yes, I totally over cooked the meat, OMG. :eek: My husband is Italian, so you can only imagine the fun we had with this dinner last night.
:ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom