First world problems

Crims

Wethermon
In the past online viewpoints weren't hard, and people took their time to form a conclusion. Personally, I devils advocate first, then form a meager viewpoint. Black and white or emotionalist thinking largely goes nowhere... unless formed over time. Nerdzone often has this... the only reason I don't mind is because I'm not into politics. this

Nerdzone is more communal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intentional_community

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I'm not really sure if this first world problem / pet hate really belongs in this thread, because it's not something banal and humorous, but here goes anyway.

It really gets me the constant stream of depressing news articles about innocent people dying in awful circumstance such as a fire, murder or disease. Even articles where people sustain life changing injuries and mental trauma are bad enough. I don't need to list more examples, you get the picture.

One is supposed to get desensitised to this over time with the constant exposure, but it's going the other way for me as I get older. Perhaps my empathy is set too high or something, I dunno.

One of the worst are the kind of random gun mass murders that tend to happen in America where many little kids, teachers and others die at the hands of some deranged madman who then avoids justice by shooting themselves afterwards. Why couldn't they just do us all a favour and shoot themselves first?

Cruelty to animals is up there too, sometimes more, but thankfully, it's not reported so much, so I don't get upset over as many individual cases. It's not nice to know that it goes on though.

The worst part of all this, is that there's sod all I can do.

I've just read such an article, hence I had to vent now. No, I'm not gonna link to it and ruin your day too. Thanks for listening.

I know, me too. America just had another mass murder in Kentucky today at a bank. It's truly awful. People are so messed up nowadays and unstable mentally, and needing so much help. Inflation, the economy, job loss, loneliness and hopelessness are fueling more tragic events on an accelerated rate more then I've ever seen before. I understand your point about becoming desensitized which seems to be a protection mechanism because we are human to cope with the loss of life, and agree that the more the news is beleaguered by terrible events that took place affecting humans and animals the more dear life becomes as you get older.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
In the past online viewpoints weren't hard, and people took their time to form a conclusion. Personally, I devils advocate first, then form a meager viewpoint. Black and white or emotionalist thinking largely goes nowhere... unless formed over time. Nerdzone often has this... the only reason I don't mind is because I'm not into politics. this

Nerdzone is more communal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intentional_community

Awww! πŸ˜‡ Thanks for sharing that link on intentional community!

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Thanks. I was given that link talking about communities in general and found the connection.

Every community forum is unique and the members make up that uniqueness with that special "something" that connects them all, indeed. :)

Mars

Staff Member
Every community forum is unique and the members make up that uniqueness with that special "something" that connects them all, indeed. :)
Yeah, that special "something", whatever it is, is what gives each forum its character and atmosphere.

NZ is complex in this respect, as it touches on and allows all subjects within its confines. It is a good thing, and we have to realize that some Threads will touch on emotional or sensitive subjects, which will evoke strong reactions.
I see it as a plus, you never know what people will come up with, and discussions can get heated, to say the least....

Crims

Wethermon
I see it as a plus, you never know what people will come up with, and discussions can get heated, to say the least....
I was thinking there might be some that do like a argie. Chaos is a ladder. :)

Last edited:

Mars

Staff Member
I was thinking there might be some that do like a argie. Chaos is a ladder. :)
A ladder, I like that, yeah definitely chaos is like a ladder; a ladder you can only climb, never go down.
Once chaos prevails (and I am not talking mathematics here), it seems to flow, never ebbs, unless coshed over the head.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Years ago on a very large website I participated on there was a member with the username Chaos. Chaos ended up on my little niche website and I ended up banning Chaos. This Chaos lived true to the name. Since then, I've always watched for usernames that are edgy, just in case chaos was part of their evil plan.:unsure:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Another CoD annoyance is the way they rotate the availability of the various game modes rather than making them all available all the time. Wanted to play Gun Game the other day, but it had disappeared ffs.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I've never played CoD, but I can understand your frustration totally, though I play more fluffy games🐢, but still, I don't like when they make changes or don't let me choose something.🐱

Crims

Wethermon
A ladder, I like that, yeah definitely chaos is like a ladder; a ladder you can only climb, never go down.
Once chaos prevails (and I am not talking mathematics here), it seems to flow, never ebbs, unless coshed over the head.
I think chaotic motion is quite linear. It's not something that's always, well, turbulent. laughing at that lol.
@Tiffany: They sound like a annoying character.

Mars

Staff Member
I think chaotic motion is quite linear. It's not something that's always, well, turbulent. laughing at that lol.
I know, we have to laugh; in math, chaos is non-linear and unpredictable, but in human society? it is always linear, because its turbulence only grows in one direction-it gets worse. Just like that Chaos character that Tiffany had to ban from her website.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Learned something new about chaotic motion, cool! Yeah, she pushed all of the boundaries, true chaos with members too.
I know, we have to laugh; in math, chaos is non-linear and unpredictable, but in human society? it is always linear, because its turbulence only grows in one direction-it gets worse. Just like that Chaos character that Tiffany had to ban from her website.
Like a spinning top...the top gets started and then really whirls at optimum....people are like that too, agree. Chaos was a moderator and she decided to put everyone's IP address on a map and post it online. 😱 I couldn't believe it. Lesson learned after that, only admins had that access. I was still very green at the time. This was back in 2009 or so? Jeez 🫣

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
When the same annoying advert keeps coming on the radio at every ad break for weeks on end, sometimes twice in one ad break.

I usually turn off the radio temporarily and may even forget to turn it back on, or just don't want to, so the radio station loses out.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
When you have so much to do and it's not getting done, but then I spent more time being social today, so I guess that's a good thing. Several of us in our neighborhood walk three miles every morning together; like fast, no dithering...lol. This morning was different as one of our neighbors was checking mail and my chatty neighbor had to ask about his recent lightening strike. Very interesting and that solves a mystery of what happened to my receiver, recently. Apparently, his house was the main lightening strike (complete damage everywhere) and then learned that several other homes on this street also had issues. What's fascinating is all of these homes are at the top level of our neighborhood, whereas my house sits on the low side at the creek. I'll write more about that on the UPS thread tomorrow with pics. That was an added 30 minutes to our walk, because of the chatting and since it's Friday, I also go to visit my mom every Friday. I basically give her a spa day on Fridays, hair cut and all. She was in a bit of a mood when I got there, but all smiles when I left since I also took care of some issues she had with her pc, ordered some stuff for her etc.....but I still have my own stuff to do...sigh. ;)

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
My first world problem, other then being a hectic Monday is with Snowy Bear. I already have to carry Champy Bear across the wood floor all day long. Now Snowy is acting scared of the wood floor and doesn't want to walk on it. This all started a couple of years ago when I waxed the wood floor....OMG, all of their legs were frozen in place and they wouldn't walk on the floor. Fast forward to present time, we had a little rain the other day and apparently Snowy thinks there's ice or something on his paws and that he's going to slip on the floor. I can't carry two of these dogs back and forth all day long, but will I, well probably if Snowy doesn't get over this.πŸ€ͺ

Last edited:

Crims

Wethermon
When I got up this morning I felt I was going to be doing some planning for projects I have. I've spent most of today clearing up existing notes, arguing with past me over what I was planning on today... and meditation. Not bad all things considered.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
When I got up this morning I felt I was going to be doing some planning for projects I have. I've spent most of today clearing up existing notes, arguing with past me over what I was planning on today... and meditation. Not bad all things considered.
The "arguing with past me" got me too. I will have to remember that as I'm doing my chores and looking at the stack of papers I have to sort, file or shred and how I let it get that way. I'm sure there's a lesson there and I'll have to learn to be as "factually superior" as @Crims in the process.

Crims

Wethermon
I always prioritise note stacks, would show though itd interfere with my studious appearance.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I always prioritise note stacks, would show though itd interfere with my studious appearance.

I find "note stacks", stuff to file and shred are where I tend to fail in super organization, which is why now I've totally turned my office space upside down in an effort to right those wrongs. πŸ˜Άβ€πŸŒ«οΈ I'm envisioning your studio to be quite zen.πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈπŸ§˜β€β™‚οΈ

Crims

Wethermon
I find "note stacks", stuff to file and shred are where I tend to fail in super organization, which is why now I've totally turned my office space upside down in an effort to right those wrongs. πŸ˜Άβ€πŸŒ«οΈ I'm envisioning your studio to be quite zen.πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈπŸ§˜β€β™‚οΈ
Heheh. Zen I'm not sure. My room is tip-like - I have a messy setup and I sometimes feel like I'm going mad going around it all the time, though most of the time it's suitable, though embarrassed if someone sees it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom