First world problems

eidairman1

My solution is to buy used. I got 5700xt last month for $150. Computer hardware is largely stagnant now so even stuff from three or so years ago still kicks ass.

For the amount of people who have been suckered on another page that I won't write the name of, I can't recommend used unless if you are tech savvy like myself or you ofc (thermal paste and pad changes, bios reflashing)

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This guy ^^ properly knows how to flash a graphics card and how to recover from bad flashes. If you got a problem here, he's your man. ;)

Me? The only GPU flash I've ever done is that official NVIDIA one a few years ago for the 2080 SUPER to fix something about bad port signals, can't remember what it was exactly now. Never noticed any difference and it certainly didn't brick it.

Actually, not quite true. Now I think about it, I flashed my AMD 2900 1GB* to a Pro or XT / XTX (forget which was the top model now) and that worked fine. No bricking and no instability. Performance still couldn't hold a candle to its competition, the NVIDIA 8800 GTX, but hey. I ended up getting that NVIDIA card in a firesale and it blew away its AMD competition. I still have both cards and so many other oldies in my collection. :)

*That was such a lot of VRAM back in 2007 and it wowed everybody! My current card has 8 times that amount and isn't considered a lot either nowadays.

eidairman1

This guy ^^ properly knows how to flash a graphics card and how to recover from bad flashes. If you got a problem here, he's your man. ;)

Me? The only GPU flash I've ever done is that official NVIDIA one a few years ago for the 2080 SUPER to fix something about bad port signals, can't remember what it was exactly now. Never noticed any difference and it certainly didn't brick it.

Actually, not quite true. Now I think about it, I flashed my AMD 2900 1GB* to a Pro or XT / XTX (forget which was the top model now) and that worked fine. No bricking and no instability. Performance still couldn't hold a candle to its competition, the NVIDIA 8800 GTX, but hey. I ended up getting that NVIDIA card in a firesale and it blew away its AMD competition. I still have both cards and so many other oldies in my collection. :)

*That was such a lot of VRAM back in 2007 and it wowed everybody! My current card has 8 times that amount and isn't considered a lot either nowadays.

Yeah the Refresh 3800 Series were pretty good, heck the HD3850 was the Fastest AGP Card and the HD4670 was right behind it, the 3870 AGP was never released. I ran COD 4 on my AXP-M 2500+ @ 2.2Ghz, Mushkin Redline 2 GB PC 4000 @ 3200 Spec (400MHz) DFI LP NF 2 Ultra B and Sapphire Radeon X1950 Pro AGP 512MB, was smooth as glass even though Activision had crippled it a certain way (had to mod 2 file name extentions) back in 2007, with max In Game Detail.

I still have that Rig, just need a place to run it along with my FX8350 5.0 Rig

aussiefooty

All the constant arguing about reports in the AFL, Betting adverts, Elon Musk and twitter where he's stuffing around with it, England losing test 2 of the ashes series, etc.

Most of the time you hear about these things and read the comments some of them are obviously rude.

eidairman1

This is what is currently going on in the U.S. WH, trying to make it into a 3rd world country like China, Russia, North Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Venezuela.

Attachments

• upside-down-american-flag.jpeg
    upside-down-american-flag.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Crims

Wethermon
I'm a stickler for grammar and prose, and I get annoyed when I read headlines like 'frustration' doesn't say how, 'suffering from depression' doesn't explain main subject of article, or ingratiation of celebrity whatsername. The other side of me I'm too busy.

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
When profanity is filtered out on TV, YouTube, text on websites etc, as if anyone is gonna come to harm from hearing a bit of industrial language. Pathetic and incredibly irritating.

I think it's funny when I'm watching football and some yobby fan inevitably swears and the presenter / commentator has to apologise for it. Sometimes, I don't hear the naughty words, just the apology, so I then go back and listen carefully for it, lol.

aussiefooty

When profanity is filtered out on TV, YouTube, text on websites etc, as if anyone is gonna come to harm from hearing a bit of industrial language. Pathetic and incredibly irritating.

I think it's funny when I'm watching football and some yobby fan inevitably swears and the presenter / commentator has to apologise for it. Sometimes, I don't hear the naughty words, just the apology, so I then go back and listen carefully for it, lol.
It's because some littlie might be watching the cricket and their favourite player drops the f bomb.
It happens in the AFL someone swears and people laugh. Kids who play use the same foul language and get sent off for it.

eidairman1

Here you go.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Here you go.

I like how you snuck your political statement in there. ;)

That repeated swearing was hilarious. The presenter must have been mortified lol.

aussiefooty

These videos
Employee keeps on farting only to constantly piss his boss off

aussiefooty

Engalnd's fan base in the cricket whinging.
look at the sign on instagram
😂😂

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
We've not had one of these in a while now, so here's one:

When an adult can't understand, or pretends not to understand a very simple point that a child could understand and continues to irrationally argue endlessly, round and round in circles regardless of responses they receive from the rational person. It's a classic trolling tactic if done deliberately, mental illness of not, tends to happen on internet forums and is very annoying.

aussiefooty

We've not had one of these in a while now, so here's one:

When an adult can't understand, or pretends not to understand a very simple point that a child could understand and continues to irrationally argue endlessly, round and round in circles regardless of responses they receive from the rational person. It's a classic trolling tactic if done deliberately, mental illness of not, tends to happen on internet forums and is very annoying.
This.
I actually reckon he wanted to try and kick the staff in the nuts over there.
He actually needs a swift kick there himself. It would make him pull his big head in.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This.
I actually reckon he wanted to try and kick the staff in the nuts over there.
He actually needs a swift kick there himself. It would make him pull his big head in.
I'm talking more about his dumb argument with me that I eventually managed to force to a halt. I don't like to talk about people in public though, even like this.

My comment above was more of a general one as I've been in situations like this before.

eidairman1

I'm talking more about his dumb argument with me that I eventually managed to force to a halt. I don't like to talk about people in public though, even like this.

My comment above was more of a general one as I've been in situations like this before.
Must of missed something

Back
Top Bottom