First world problems

aussiefooty

Had a look at England's weather conditions - rain all through out this test match against australia. First world problems.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Better than that awful heatwave being endured by southern Europe at the moment. Global warming at its finest.

eidairman1

The Problem with EVs, you won't see this on CNN or other networks like them because it doesn't match their fascist-communist agenda.

(Thermal Runaway) look at Galaxy S7 fires, same problem occurs in nicad and sulfur wetcwll batteries, not as often as these EVs though...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

New Junked Chinese EVs.

Last edited:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
@eidairman1 Thanks for the videos. Exploding batteries and EV's catching on fire is a conversation in our house about EV's often. We would like our house to not catch on fire in the garage while an EV is charging. The other issue is our electric grid and entire infrastructure in the US is not ready for 100% EV's. We can't even keep the power going during high stress on the grids with extreme temperatures; third world country stuff. Oh and I'm going to really miss my incandescent light bulbs. Thanks for the ban Admin. *For the record, I'm all for being our earth's best steward, but if "they" are going to ban a product, please make sure it's replacement works. All of my LED bulbs flash and blink like a light show when they go out. I would think this is highly dangerous for people that are epileptic?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
All of my LED bulbs flash and blink like a light show when they go out. I would think this is highly dangerous for people that are epileptic?
I had one do that a while back. Refused to die, just flickered in a demented manner making it unusable. I replaced it sharpish.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I had one do that a while back. Refused to die, just flickered in a demented manner making it unusable. I replaced it sharpish.

Same, that's exactly what my bulbs are doing in this one light fixture and at first I thought it was the fixture that was the problem, but no, it's every single bulb that goes out with a flicker light show on this fixture. Next time a bulb acts up, I will record it and see if I can share it here for funsies. :giggle:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
lol, I'd love to see that flicker fest! 😆

It does sound like the light fixture has something to answer for lol. Could they be overheating perhaps?

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
lol, I'd love to see that flicker fest! 😆

It does sound like the light fixture has something to answer for lol. Could they be overheating perhaps?

Lol....it's a very annoying and explosive like flicker coming from a bathroom bulb.... but you have a good point that the fixture could be an issue. Next time a bulb goes bonkers I'll take it out and try it in the other fixture and see if it does the same. Also good point on heat. This fixture takes 6 bulbs. If LED is supposed to be better, more efficient and less heat then what's up with that fixture? If it's heat, then maybe the same bulb wouldn't flicker like a disco ball in the other fixture?🪩

Now I have to wait for a bulb to act up to find out. It probably will be in a few weeks, these LED bulbs just don't last. :rolleyes:

eidairman1

@eidairman1 Thanks for the videos. Exploding batteries and EV's catching on fire is a conversation in our house about EV's often. We would like our house to not catch on fire in the garage while an EV is charging. The other issue is our electric grid and entire infrastructure in the US is not ready for 100% EV's. We can't even keep the power going during high stress on the grids with extreme temperatures; third world country stuff. Oh and I'm going to really miss my incandescent light bulbs. Thanks for the ban Admin. *For the record, I'm all for being our earth's best steward, but if "they" are going to ban a product, please make sure it's replacement works. All of my LED bulbs flash and blink like a light show when they go out. I would think this is highly dangerous for people that are epileptic?
Please if you havent already watch demolition man and you will see alot of whats going on in that movie, just like 1984 book/movie and even terminator going on now in our world.

Heck even Escape (Kurt Russel) movies are a warning.

live627

Could they be overheating perhaps?
No, unless you have a collection of nine recessed sockets that are too close together like in our kitchen where light bulbs go to die. Incandescent, CFL, LED, they all suffer rapid heat death. We have determined then that expensive ones built for enclosed spaces work well.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
lol yeah, but the flicker pattern was different. "Demented" really does describe it.

Does it even matter if you pay more for these LED bulbs? I'm still waiting on my flicker light show. Should be in a few weeks I'll have another bulb try to flicker and annoy me.

Please if you havent already watch demolition man and you will see alot of whats going on in that movie, just like 1984 book/movie and even terminator going on now in our world.

Heck even Escape (Kurt Russel) movies are a warning.

We actual have 1984 saved on our DVR. We started watching it. It's dark and depressing but a glimpse of "you will own nothing....". I'll add to your list: Logan's Run, The Hunger Game series, Running Man and maybe Total Recall. Other dystopian movies: 12 Monkeys, Blade Runner (but I'm a fan), Demolition Man, The Divergent Movie Series, Ender's Game, Gattaca, Mad Max, The Matrix and Ready Player One.

No, unless you have a collection of nine recessed sockets that are too close together like in our kitchen where light bulbs go to die. Incandescent, CFL, LED, they all suffer rapid heat death. We have determined then that expensive ones built for enclosed spaces work well.

Good to know. Now I'm looking all over my house for close recessed sockets.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Does it even matter if you pay more for these LED bulbs? I'm still waiting on my flicker light show. Should be in a few weeks I'll have another bulb try to flicker and annoy me.
Oh yes, just like anything else, they can vary substantially in quality, so definitely get a decent brand.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Oh yes, just like anything else, they can vary substantially in quality, so definitely get a decent brand.
I'll keep that in mind when I'm shopping next time. It would be an interesting experiment to see which LED brand lasts the longest. ;)

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This phrase used in most news articles about Twitter / X is rapidly starting to annoy me: "X, formerly known as Twitter". Yeah, we all know Twitter is now called X ffs and millions of people still use it, so I'm sure that they know too. :rolleyes:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I'll second that, it just doesn't need to be explained every time. Heck, it if it was me writing those news reports, I might just keep on calling it Twitter, just to piss off Musk.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I agree, that phrase is getting old....like when Prince changed he's name to a symbol, good grief....Twitter is Twitter.

Mars

Staff Member
I'll second that, it just doesn't need to be explained every time. Heck, it if it was me writing those news reports, I might just keep on calling it Twitter, just to piss off Musk.
That's exactly what everyone should do!
Just keep calling that little blue bird by its real name: Twitter. To hell with that poxy X.

Oh he will be soooo annoyed, when everyone just continues to use 'twitter', like nothing has changed, totally ignoring musty 'musk'.
That will teach him a lesson, as he will not be able to ignore the fact that no one uses X, yet he will be totally powerless to do anything about it. Nice one.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
One of my pet hates are members who join and then never log in again. Why the hell join in the first place then?! That's most of them, too.

And they're not spammers either, because there's simply no activity at all. Are they bots, maybe?

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
One of my pet hates are members who join and then never log in again. Why the hell join in the first place then?! That's most of them, too.

And they're not spammers either, because there's simply no activity at all. Are they bots, maybe?

I know, it's very frustrating, or they join, their email address checks out (doesn't look like spam), you get a good fakebook link, you welcome them, and the next day they post 4 different spam blogs on their business as their first post. Buh-bye!!

Bots? Maybe, not sure how xF works, but for my registration, you can't be a bot because there's a decision that only a human can make on registration. Dunno, but I get it.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Oh, that's annoying, that's why I have a mitigation for the first few posts (no details in public).

Do you use the captcha system with the little pictures one has to click on? XF uses that too, but it can be broken by having humans complete them, although still much better than without them.

Back
Top Bottom