Is aspartame a possible cause of cancer?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
It tastes good, so of course it causes cancer, probably, sigh.

The sweetener aspartame, which is found in a variety of foods and fizzy drinks, is set to be officially classified as "possibly carcinogenic" to humans, reports claim.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I don't use any sweeteners, kind of boring. I've known that aspartame converts to wood alcohol in the brain since the early 1990's. I would think anything consumed in high amounts can't ever be good?

live627

Aspartame is 200 times sweeter than sugar, so it gives the taste without the calories.
Therefore, is a nice cost reduction compared to sugar for the big food labels.
You will find it on the ingredients list of many diet or sugar-free foods including diet drinks, chewing gums and some yoghurts. High profile drinks containing aspartame include Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Pepsi Max, and 7 Up Free
I never have any of those things. Have dropped soda/soft drink once I got braces at thirteen. Really dislike bubbly sensation. Even my toothpaste is foam free!

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Therefore, is a nice cost reduction compared to sugar for the big food labels.

I never have any of those things. Have dropped soda/soft drink once I got braces at thirteen. Really dislike bubbly sensation. Even my toothpaste is foam free!

I totally get it, I'm the same...no gum, not carbonation. Carbonation is high in phosphorus and if you want to keep strong bones avoid soft drinks.

aussiefooty

I avoid all diet drinks and foods that say they are sugar free.
i used to be an avid pepsi max drinker.
It gave me the runs.
i now drink the regular soft drink.

Back
Top Bottom