New forum themes added

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I have added a couple of super themes from Pixel Exit to NerdZone: Core and Core Dark. All the old themes will remain available to use though, including the original NerdZone Dark Theme (Ukraine), but the Core Dark theme will become the default one.

The themes are in beta as I'm still working on tweaking them to look just right, so for now, the Ukraine theme remains the default one.

Note: the new themes may also disappear from the selection while I work on them.

Enjoy and please let us have your feedback on the new and existing themes.

Mars

Staff Member
I have added a couple of super themes from Pixel Exit to NerdZone: Core and Core Dark. All the old themes will remain available to use though, including the original NerdZone Dark Theme (Ukraine), but the Core Dark theme will become the default one.

The themes are still in beta as I'm still working on tweaking them to look just right, so for now, the Ukraine theme remains the default one.

Note: the new themes may also disappear from the selection while I work on them.

Enjoy and please let us have your feedback on the new and existing themes.
My favourite is NerdZone Dark Theme (Blue). I find the lettering in Core Dark a bit too fainty.
Truth is, it all boils down to personal taste and the way we perceive colors.
I haven't seen Core yet, but if the lettering are as faint, and the highlights orange, then I still would prefer the NZ Dark Ukraine or NZ Dark Blue.
It is good that we are given the option to choose.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Yes, it's still not fully configured. I'll be making the text full brightness and bigger which will make it much easier to read, so see how you like it then. I don't like it this way either.

Ironically, seeing the old and new themes directly compared, shows how good the old theme is and why I'm not getting rid of it. It's bold and clear, which was one of the requirements when I designed it with my friend.

Mars

Staff Member
Yes, it's still not fully configured. I'll be making the text full brightness and bigger which will make it much easier to read, so see how you like it then. I don't like it this way either.

Ironically, seeing the old and new themes directly compared, shows how good the old theme is and why I'm not getting rid of it. It's bold and clear, which was one of the requirements when I designed it with my friend.
Yap, absolutely. Bold and Clear and, the NZ Blue especially, easy on the eyes. Just right. Whatever you do, leave the old theme there, so we can choose.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
@Mars Right, I've set the Core Dark font to full brightness and also increased its size, making it easy to read - easier than the original Ukraine font in fact. I'll be changing that in due course to match it. How do you like it now?

Mars

Staff Member
@Mars Right, I've set the Core Dark font to full brightness and also increased its size, making it easy to read - easier than the original Ukraine font in fact. I'll be changing that in due course to match it.
oh well done, that's much nicer then the original grayish font. 'Modest' is totally different again, but not half as stylish as the black background themes.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Thanks. Modest was a freebie with the Core theme, so I'll probably use it. You wouldn't believe the amount of tweaking required to get these themes to look just right. Much more than I was expecting, so the Modest theme is quite far down the pecking order as I have to replicate some of the settings on all the themes, which is quite laborious. In particular, I'm still figuring out how to do stuff as it's quite the learning curve, so it all takes longer.

Back
Top Bottom