• No, but not completely sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
June was the hottest on record, with the predictable climate harm to nature.

That's really sad. :(

Same happened recently in Texas:

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
It's getting ever hotter...

Good article and explanation of our summer temps to endure. 🔥 I had just read this morning that even though we are in an El Nino pattern (warmer than normal SST's) that NOAA upgraded their hurricane season predictions because the North Atlantic is so hot. El Nino usually drives wind shear across the Caribbean which helps to break down hurricanes coming into the the Gulf of Mexico, however, because of the extremely warm temperatures in the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico is like a steam bath, NOAA expects to have a more stormy season despite the norms of the past during an El Nino pattern.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
More on this dreaded inflection point. The article says "uncharted territory" rather than inflection point, but it's the same thing.

The climate is breaking heat records everywhere - but don't worry about it, because Donald Trump says it's all a hoax.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
More on this dreaded inflection point. The article says "uncharted territory" rather than inflection point, but it's the same thing.

The climate is breaking heat records everywhere - but don't worry about it, because Donald Trump says it's all a hoax.

Good article and graph visuals with charts. Interesting SST heat map on the heated North Atlantic off the coast of Canada too.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Another apocalyptic climate change prediction. They just won't stop coming.

The Gulf Stream system could collapse as soon as 2025, a new study suggests. The shutting down of the vital ocean currents, called the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (Amoc) by scientists, would bring catastrophic climate impacts.

Amoc was already known to be at its weakest in 1,600 years owing to global heating and researchers spotted warning signs of a tipping point in 2021.

The new analysis estimates a timescale for the collapse of between 2025 and 2095, with a central estimate of 2050, if global carbon emissions are not reduced. Evidence from past collapses indicate changes of temperature of 10C in a few decades, although these occurred during ice ages.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I have your Gulf stream article open to read and take in, thank you. Good grief, what next?

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
The climate news just keeps on getting worse.

I've been watching the ocean temperatures pretty close the past few weeks. This may be a very strange and unexpected hurricane season this year? I really feel for the fish and ocean plants as they can't adapt very well at these abnormal hostile ocean temperatures.

eidairman1

I've been watching the ocean temperatures pretty close the past few weeks. This may be a very strange and unexpected hurricane season this year? I really feel for the fish and ocean plants as they can't adapt very well at these abnormal hostile ocean temperatures.
I'm waiting for the hurricanes.

Mars

Staff Member
The climate news just keeps on getting worse.

We do our part as consumers, we recycle, we try to minimise waste, but at the end of the day, I get that sinking feeling that whatever we do, Greed, Politics and Corruption are nullifying our efforts.
I hope I am wrong.

eidairman1

We do our part as consumers, we recycle, we try to minimise waste, but at the end of the day, I get that sinking feeling that whatever we do, Greed, Politics and Corruption are nullifying our efforts.
I hope I am wrong.

You just nailed it. There is no monetary kickback for the Average man by recycling. We are charged to consume then charged to recycle, we should get money back or taxes reduced for recycling. Plus where I live they won't recycle pizza boxes, yet the area I work in the recycling companies in that area for garbage and recycling collection from residences does.
Everyone wants the Hard working man's dollar. I believe if you worked for it you keep it.

The disability and welfare system in the US is abused so easily. How about we start doing random drug testing on Welfare recipients and disabled, no notice like they do to people trying to get a job or maintain it?

eidairman1

The world is headed for an economic collapse where there is rich and poor, no means to get ahead in this world either.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
@Mars @eidairman1 What especially gets me with all this recycling BS, is that there was a documentary a good decade ago or so now about a recycling centre in the north of England that took regular household waste, ie not recycled, split it off into all the useful stuff like metals, plastics etc and then recycled them, minimising landfill or incineration. Yes, you heard that right, all that sorting and separation was done at the processing plant, not putting it on us with all these special bins and then complaining that one little thing out of place trashes the whole consignment of recyclable material. Nah, just chuck it all together and the processing plant will sort it out. We have that technology today and it's not even new, so what's with all this onus on the consumer to recycle?!

Of course, while it had a lot of machinery to automate the process as much as possible, there were still a lot of staff there to ensure that things were sorted properly, so it created jobs, too, a win-win.

Finally, making things like packaging (milk bottles, product boxes etc) out of easily recyclable and also recycled materials is a good idea, so that's something that they're doing right.

Mars

Staff Member
@Mars @eidairman1 What especially gets me with all this recycling BS, is that there was a documentary a good decade ago or so now about a recycling centre in the north of England that took regular household waste, ie not recycled, split it off into all the useful stuff like metals, plastics etc and then recycled them, minimising landfill or incineration. Yes, you heard that right, all that sorting and separation was done at the processing plant, not putting it on us with all these special bins and then complaining that one little thing out of place trashes the whole consignment of recyclable material. Nah, just chuck it all together and the processing plant will sort it out. We have that technology today and it's not even new, so what's with all this onus on the consumer to recycle?!

Of course, while it had a lot of machinery to automate the process as much as possible, there were still a lot of staff there to ensure that things were sorted properly, so it created jobs, too, a win-win.

Finally, making things like packaging (milk bottles, product boxes etc) out of easily recyclable and also recycled materials is a good idea, so that's something that they're doing right.
True, recycling is now big business. Fills up the Council's coffers: all in the name of looking after the well being of its citizens....
Having said that, I still think that on the whole, Councils are doing a good job, recycling does work and it's worth us making our own little contribution on recycling day. I don't mind putting items in their separate boxes.
It may sound weird, but hey, I find seeing the Council recycle lorries drive in and empty our colorful recycle boxes into their 'assigned' compartments on the lorries, I find this quite cathartic.
I know.... it doesn't take much to make me happy🙃

live627

still amazes me how y'all have different bins for different types of recycled trash.

Back
Top Bottom