• No, but not completely sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
The planet is slowly becoming less livable. With that 40c peak the other week, how long until the UK begins to approach this? I hope not in my lifetime.

Mars

Staff Member
@Retro said "I hope not in my lifetime." So do I! It is sad to see how Nature's revenge is swift and unstoppable.
And yet you have your retards who deny it, no matter what.
My mind always turns to the animals who suffer loss of habitat, poaching, starvation; so Not fair.

Crims

Wethermon
Reading the thread i feel more like ignoring the prompt to token outrage, all things being looked at its a situation that on a personal level the only thing i could do enjoy the non burning days currently at Rewind festival lol

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
As a experienced news reader i'm usually at the point after "get angry". I read about it for several years
It sounds to me like you're making a point that climate change outrage is "overblown". Am I right?

And I can still see your deleted comment.

Crims

Wethermon
It sounds to me like you're making a point that climate change outrage is "overblown". Am I right?

And I can still see your deleted comment.
Not at all. I hate all or nothing political ideology for real issues. Witch hunting festival goers doesn't seem a way to solve the problem?

Mars

Staff Member
@Crims. I can actually see your point, in a way. Unfortunately the way things are nowdays, we are getting an overload of bad news all the time: Climate Change, War and aggression, new viruses-China, Polio-in London sewers.....when is it all gonna end?!
Therefore we sometimes just feel like saying: enough is enough. Don't wanna hear it anymore.
The earth is suffering, sad but true, but us dwelling on it does not alleviate the pain.
I think that is what you meant?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Not at all. I hate all or nothing political ideology for real issues. Witch hunting festival goers doesnt seem a way to solve the problem?
Right thanks for clarifying, I thought you were a climate change denier for a moment there. 😲

Agree with all that, especially for more nuanced handling of these real issues. Re the bold bit: totally. What a convenient scapegoat.

@Mars

I know, the bad news does tend to be overwhelming unfortunately and it will never stop, even more unfortunately. There's lots of bad things I try not to think about, such as murders that are in the news every five minutes, but climate change isn't something that should be ignored. Not even in casual conversation in a forum like this.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
This article from the Washington Post and re-posted on MSM News is a good summary of the weather related and climate change events taken place especially in the past year. I can relate to the title as the The Great Drought and the Great Deluge, because where I live, we've been in a severe drought. We went nearly 70 days without rain from May to August. The heat was repressive and over the 100 degree mark most of the summer. Thankfully, we've had some rain now because hurricane season is at it's peak time, as the tropics are active which helps with a better chance of some periodic rain.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Looks like climate change is really biting round your neck of the woods, Tiffs. :(

Great that you linked to the MSN republish of it which gets round the paywall.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Looks like climate change is really biting round your neck of the woods, Tiffs. :(

Great that you linked to the MSN republish of it which gets round the paywall.

This has been the most extreme weather pattern event all over the world this year. Extreme flooding and droughts, causing diminished harvests. Then there's the economic pain of high diesel fuel where farmer's can't farm and are loosing their crops or not planting at all.

I've become more aware of copyright, and article acknowledgement lately as I've been working with articles and blogs because of Google's rules and their propensity to downgrade your website if you don't meet their requirements.🧐

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
It just keeps getting worse. I'm increasingly wondering if our relatively comfortable, high technology world is gonna be dragged back to the stone age due to the climate crisis. Hopefully not in my time.

I used to wish that I'd been born several hundred years in the future to see all the improvements made by science and technology, but now I'm not so sure, if this man-made climate crisis is gonna wreck it instead.

I feel for all the billions of innocent animals, previous, current and future who had no hand in this disaster, but whom pay the highest price.

Mars

Staff Member
@Retro
Same here. I also feel that earth's future is bleak; all due to homo sapiens.
My greatest pain is for the animals. As you said:
~~"I feel for all the billions of innocent animals, previous, current and future who had no hand in this disaster, but whom pay the highest price".~~
They are the true innocents, who live their lives without malice, yet are endlessly hounded and persecuted.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Agreed, the wild animals of our planet our helpless to whatever disasters befall them, which also distresses me, though our domesticated animals can at least be cared for in many ways.

Just read that Wyoming had their first snow, very early for this time of year. To note also, the Atlantic hurricane season has been very quiet, as we are at the midpoint of hurricane season, 2022. By the end of September, the threat of hurricane's are reduced significantly.

In case you are interested in nerd-weather stuff, we are in a triple-dip La Nina pattern this year too, the first for this century and it's not a common event. This is also affecting weather through out our continents. This has been a very weird weather year across the globe.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Thankyou Tiffs, it's great to be on the same page regarding animals.

You know, I sometimes think of some unregistered people seeing our pro-animal comments here, especially the pro-hunting types and thinking that we're some kind of losers. Well, you know what, I don't want you here and I encourage anyone who's pro-animals to join and express their views here, like we do.

This has been a very weird weather year across the globe.
You're not kidding! 😲 Especially the heatwaves. As I type this, the PC is showing 21C outside courtesy of the MSN weather service, but in here it feels a lot hotter than that and I've even got the fan on, but it's approaching the limit of effectiveness right now. I've never experienced it like this before at this time of year.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Like you, I agree.....I will always be pro-animals. I have two dogs sitting next to me right now while I'm typing this post. They are ALWAYS next to me where ever I go. Good dogs!!

I saw this on Reuters the other day about the possibility of mobile network blackouts in Europe this winter. This has been really bothering me. I can't imagine this happening. The doom and gloom is bad enough, but cell phones are the one life line that keeps people connected and offers a certain amount of security on so many levels. I hope this does not happen because of power cuts and energy rationing.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
@Tiffany

I had a total power cut the other week due to an electrical fault down the road for around 3 hours. The PC, DVR, TV, lights, boiler, everything instantly shut off without warning for around three hours.

Just that little outage was enormously inconvenient, not to mention that some devices like the PC and DVR really don't like the power switched off like that. Thankfully, my iPhone had a decent amount of charge in it and I got text alerts from the electricity company about it and the progress they were making. Rolling blackouts due to the war would be a helluva lot worse, so let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Animals forever! ❤️

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Hashtag #Animals Forever!! 🥰

Power outages have become more of a norm for us too, for the past two years, particularly in extreme weather events, cold or hot. I don't like that!!🤬

I'm sorry you lost power for three hours. That's really a long time. Glad your iPhone was charged, while you were in the dark. I have a UPS for my computers but when we lose power, it still shuts down my PC and it's not supposed too....duh..I have my PCs plugged in the side where it says "battery supported and surge protector outlets". Computer still goes down.

We've had terrible internet today. I thought it was just us, until our neighbors put out an email to our neighborhood and it turned out to be all of us. Apparently our provider's service was down somewhere and affected us. Right :rolleyes:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Sorry Tiffs, I should have clarified that it went down at 8:45am, hence it was daylight, so at least I wasn't in the dark and there hasn't been another incident so far.

Your UPS shouldn't be behaving that way; it's like it's not there. Do you have the UPS software installed on the PC and the data cable that goes to it for proper communication? Could it be faulty?

Hopefully your internet access gets fixed soon.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
@Retro Now I'm questioning my UPS. I just plugged it in. 🙃 I'll go back and look for any software for it....jeez....didn't know. Thanks for the advice! :)

@Mars May the animals of the world hear us roar....#Animals forever. 🥰

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
@Retro Now I'm questioning my UPS. I just plugged it in. 🙃 I'll go back and look for any software for it....jeez....didn't know. Thanks for the advice! :)
If you need any more help with troubleshooting your UPS, it might be worth starting a thread in the PC section about it where you'll get better support. :)

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
If you need any more help with troubleshooting your UPS, it might be worth starting a thread in the PC section about it where you'll get better support. :)

I can do that....sometime today, I'll crawl under my desk, with my trusty flashlight coming from my Android phone :alien:... :ROFLMAO:... and get all of the info ;)

Mars

Staff Member
:)

@Mars May the animals of the world hear us roar....#Animals forever. 🥰
You know, when the b****dy covid started, in China, in their disgusting wet markets, I thought to myself: 'Here, the animals take their revenge'.
When rain forests are razed to the ground, and innocent animals' habitats are destroyed, leaving them with desolation hunger and death, and then we get climate change, I say to myself: 'Here, the animals take their revenge'.

But it is a blind revenge, which in many instances hits the wrong targets.
Let's hope things will change for the better, we must have hope.

Back
Top Bottom