• No, but not completely sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I've not heard of that one, but sure, the stuff spewed out of volcanos does affect the climate.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I think any sort of change in the climate that lasts for a very long period of time can affect regional climate changes (eg. mini ice ages). An example of regional changes would be the country of Iceland. Iceland has periodic volcanic eruptions that can even cause the grounding of planes, however, these type of regional disruptions may not reach other continents in forms of changing temperatures. The sea, however, is a predominate cause of temperature changes around the world, in my opinion.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Another unwelcome climate change surprise.

Interesting, I'm a bit concerned about our hurricane season for the reason in this article that the sea temperature is warmer then normal. We are now in a brutal heat wave for the next two weeks. I can't even recall a June month with 37C/100F plus temperatures and I've lived here my whole life.

Mars

Staff Member
....and to think that there are idiots who still deny climate change; same derelicts who deny the holocaust ever happened.
My heart cries for the ocean creatures who live in the fast warming waters, too fast for them to adapt; and the bears, seals, whales, birds, whose whole existence depends on the vast ocean and its inhabitants.
Yes, Nature adapts, but not in such short time scales.
It is a tragedy of immense proportions.

aussiefooty

where i live there are people who love the environment a real lot.
everyone in my town is on board with keeping ballarat in touch and up to date with the recomendations from our council.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I bloody knew that 40C weather would be back. :mad:

I remember the weather experts saying it was likely a one-off caused by climate change, but I was skeptical of that. It was the worst thing ever over those two days and I won't be able to stand it at home. Last year, they hit during the working week, where I was protected by the air con at work, but if they hit over the weekend, I'm stuffed. I'll bet it lasts longer, too. I get the impression that global warming is ramping up much faster than predictions. June is already the hottest ever.

aussiefooty

I bloody knew that 40C weather would be back. :mad:

I remember the weather experts saying it was likely a one-off caused by climate change, but I was skeptical of that. It was the worst thing ever over those two days and I won't be able to stand it at home. Last year, they hit during the working week, where I was protected by the air con at work, but if they hit over the weekend, I'm stuffed. I'll bet it lasts longer, too. I get the impression that global warming is ramping up much faster than predictions. June is already the hottest ever.

Always happens! Summer always brings back stinking hot weather.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
So, you don't like it hot either? The problem must be a lot worse over in Oz, which is a naturally hotter country than sunny Blighty.

live627

does that mean that nights cool off to below 25? (the overnight low here is 28 tonight... yay heat wave)

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member

aussiefooty

I know, seriously....sigh!

Same; March to November (sometimes we have to switch back and forth as the seasons change and the nights get cold).

Lucky you; energy costs are getting outrageous.
I use a gas heater in winter, air conditioner when it's above 25*C in summer, a column heater at night if nights are under 5 degrees.

eidairman1

I know, seriously....sigh!

Same; March to November (sometimes we have to switch back and forth as the seasons change and the nights get cold).

Lucky you; energy costs are getting outrageous.
Yup its all artifically orchestrated by commies which are the nwo...

Hot days mean three things
1) getting all the washing done
2) having the air conditioner on all day
3) having icecreams

It's the same for Texas LOL

running eight months of the year

What part of the globe is your domicile?

I use a gas heater in winter, air conditioner when it's above 25*C in summer, a column heater at night if nights are under 5 degrees.

I'm thinking of portable AC or a inwall/window unit to only cool where I am going to be as Central AC here runs on 240VAC. Now we have a gas heater but I rearly use it and just use blankets.

Might be on a wild tangent:
Nuclear, coal/clean coal, Natural Gas and solar, along with waterfalls, all combined with each other help with energy distribution.

Heck I know in Australia they use/used a petrol converter setup, sort of like a LOX converter bottle on Fighter Airccraft for autos.

Why not for LH2 and LNG- which can be retrofitted to Gasoline and diesel burners?

Last edited:

aussiefooty

Yup its all artifically orchestrated by commies which are the nwo...

It's the same for Texas LOL

What part of the globe is your domicile?

I'm thinking of portable AC or a inwall/window unit to only cool where I am going to be as Central AC here runs on 240VAC. Now we have a gas heater but I rearly use it and just use blankets.

Might be on a wild tangent:
Nuclear, coal/clean coal, Natural Gas and solar, along with waterfalls, all combined with each other help with energy distribution.

Heck I know in Australia they use/used a petrol converter setup, sort of like a LOX converter bottle on Fighter Airccraft for autos.

Why not for LH2 and LNG- which can be retrofitted to Gasoline and diesel burners?
Where i am my AC works well and it's up above my back door which is handy. The motor part is outside

Back
Top Bottom