The Trump downfall thread

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Oh, is that the one outside the garden centre with Rudy Whatsisname? That's probably the best one of all!

Please do share any clangers you find, here. :)

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
What fool would hire someone like that? At this level, mistakes like this aren't acceptable.
Just to elaborate a bit, because I feel like rabbiting on.

It would be like a Premier League footballer getting mixed up after half time and shooting the wrong way, and perhaps scoring a glorious own goal, having momentarily forgotten that they've swapped ends. Unfortunately, such gloriously career-ending clangers don't happen. I've been waiting for this one for ages, but alas it's never happened - yet. I'll bet it does in the really low level leagues though.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
In America, the Democrats most always get a pass on bad behavior or lighter sentencing. The Republican's rarely get a pass on any bad behavior and are usually prosecuted to the fullest measure. This is because there's too much one sided power. I'm not saying there's no "there-there" on Trump either as that's up to the judicial system to bring the charges and prove the documents were mishandled. @Retro you will likely see a full out indictment on Trump.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Tiffs, I'm sure you're right on this one-sidedness, although I'd not heard of it.

The good thing here is that if Trump gets a criminal record, no matter how small, then he can't be president again. And keeping him out of power is critically important, as we know.

Should he get the book thrown at him and gets 20-30 years* in jail, then so much the better. Just think of how many abuses he's gotten away with over his lifetime that he'll never be brought to account for. I'll consider it a small compensation for them.

*Think of the 7-odd people that died as a result of his fomenting of the Capitol riot. That's directly his fault so he should go down for it for life.

wolfdeer

I don't like to get political, but it amazings me how one man can be called a savior by some and called the devil himself by others.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I don't like to get political, but it amazings me how one man can be called a savior by some and called the devil himself by others.
Oh please do. ;) You're in a safe place here.

Yes, it's amazing how brainwashed some people can get. I was watching a documentary on Trump and the Capitol attack the other day where they interviewed quite a few people about their opinion of Trump given that attack and would they vote for him now. It was scary to see some of them fully acknowledge that he probably had fomented it and that it had caused the deaths of people, but the reaction was "so what?" How does one get through to deluded idiots like that? And unfortunately there are MILLIONS of them! That's how populists like Trump and Johnson get into power and wreak havock like we've seen.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Well, he was trying to overturn the election result in his favour. It was a desperate, last ditch attempt. Just shows you what a despot he really is.

I remember early on in his presidency, he "joked" that he wanted to change things so that he could remain president for more than two terms. At the time I didn't think he was really joking and from everything I've seen of him, I'm convinced that he meant it.

I firmly believe that if the worst happened and he got into power again (seems unlikely now) that this will be his number one mission. Disaster all round.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I neglected to condemn the attack and lawlessness on the capital in my previous post. I realized later today that I was remiss in acknowledging that dreadful day for what it was, pure lawlessness, and disrespect to our government institutions. If you break the law, you go to jail. There are still many that are getting arrested from the ID system they are using for face recognition, many being convicted harshly and still many in the Washington D.C. prison waiting on trial. We have a generation that grew up without consequences. This is what happens when you think you can break the law. It's never okay to be violent, cause violence or encourage violence against anyone. Trump should have realized organizing a meet-up of people on the crazy-bubble, could turn out bad and it did.... and people died.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Too right Tiffs, so well said. Nothing short of total condemnation is appropriate for something like this. If I could double like your post, I would. 😍

I still remember what I was doing when it happened: watching it unfold live on CNN on Sky TV here in Blighty as I wanted to watch the televised certification and Trump was spouting off his bullshit at that rally at the same time. It wasn't obvious at first, seeing those people crawling up the side of the building, realising something wasn't right, but not what was wrong, but then as it progressed and it became more obvious, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. A real "WTF?!!" moment.

I was thinking, "where's the army? The police? How is one of the most important government buildings being left undefended?" It was obvious from all that delay that Tump was behind this and the CNN presenters were making similar comments, too. I didn't realise the full gravity of the situation until sometime later when more detailed reports came out on what happened inside the building and so on.

Since I record most things that I watch, I had a perfect recording of the riot unfolding, so I was able to review it later to take it in better and see the exact moment that it started. Unbelievable, never seen anything like it.

You know, it's possible that there are "dirty tricks" being used against Trump now, however subtle, to ensure that he never gets back into power, but for once they're justified. The man's a dangerious megalomaniac, probably not much better than that psycho Putin, so that justifies any and all means to keep him out of power. He's quite literally a national security risk to be defended against. And unlike my country, I don't think America would let such harm come to itself like we did with brexit. I believe even more nowadays, that Putin is behind brexit and Trump getting elected that first time, all to weaken the West. Just wish the smoking gun would be revealed.

It wouldn't surprise me that if Trump somehow won a second term against all the odds, or even just in the running, that he'd be assassinated, perhaps in a subtle way to make it look like an accident, such as falling down the stairs, food poisoning, meds overdose, etc. He's that big a risk I think they'd pull out all the stops to ensure he stays out of power. This is pure supposition on my part though, but it seems plausible enough to me.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Oh man, I just love posting about Trump's mounting legal troubles in this thread. 😁

Now they've got access to his financial records which are sure to reveal more nefarious activities.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
@Retro The Sergeant in Arms is the department that determines the need for the National Guard at any event. There are some discrepancies in this area, weather Paul Irving, of the Sergeant in Arms was asked by Steve Sund of the Capitol Police, for permission to activate the National Guard for Jan 6. Speaker, Nancy Pelosi is responsible for all of the operational decisions made within the House. Trump says he asked and it's said that Pelosi denied services. *Not taking any sides on this issue, just sharing some extra detail where the finger pointing is.

It's complex and frustrating to not get to the heart of the truth and yes, the power in control will stop at nothing to make sure Trump is ruined. *Again, not make a political statement for or against in any of this.....just looking for the truth.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Oh man, I just love posting about Trump's mounting legal troubles in this thread. 😁

Now they've got access to his financial records which are sure to reveal more nefarious activities.

Well, congress has been after his financial records since day 1. Interesting!

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
@Retro The Sergeant in Arms is the department that determines the need for the National Guard at any event. There are some discrepancies in this area, weather Paul Irving, of the Sergeant in Arms was asked by Steve Sund of the Capitol Police, for permission to activate the National Guard for Jan 6. Speaker, Nancy Pelosi is responsible for all of the operational decisions made within the House. Trump says he asked and it's said that Pelosi denied services. *Not taking any sides on this issue, just sharing some extra detail where the finger pointing is.

It's complex and frustrating to not get to the heart of the truth and yes, the power in control will stop at nothing to make sure Trump is ruined. *Again, not make a political statement for or against in any of this.....just looking for the truth.
I read on CNN and other places that he was being strongly urged by his closest allies to call the army / police / etc, but he refused to act for 2-3 hours. And remember that speech that he finally gave urging them to go home? Calling them patriots and saying "we love you"? Oh, he fomented this alright and wanted the violence to delay certification and somehow overturn the election result. I'm sure that he was quite happy for people to die in order to achieve this. A dangerous megalomaniac indeed.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I read on CNN and other places that he was being strongly urged by his closest allies to call the army / police / etc, but he refused to act for 2-3 hours. And remember that speech that he finally gave urging them to go home? Calling them patriots and saying "we love you"? Oh, he fomented this alright and wanted the violence to delay certification and somehow overturn the election result. I'm sure that he was quite happy for people to die in order to achieve this. A dangerous megalomaniac indeed.

Understood on the neglect for not calling for the national guard or police during the event. Truly not forgivable.

I should have specified the "alleged" requests for the national guard were made prior to the event in my above post, though I'm not sure how many days or week or so, this was done, if it actually was done as there are so many "she said, he said" dynamics with this. I'm not sure if anyone will ever know the truth.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This one gave me a chuckle. The bad news stories for Trump just keep on coming. Of all the ways to get taken out, I just love this one. :)

Many years from now, when the history books about the Trump era are written, they may yet note that his downfall came not at the hands of his political rivals, the Deep State, or even the voting public. The end, when it finally came, began when he picked a fight with a librarian.

live627

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I think that might be a right wing Trump-biased propaganda channel. Tried Googling it, but it's not clear. Started up 2016, the same year that Trump got elected, which is suggestive and it's a pretty small outfit, too.

The articles on Trump that I posted from CNN and other places are much more damning than this video which leaves it as an open ended question, appearing to downplay the severity of what he's done. No mention of the Espionage Act that he appears to have violated, for example.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Trump's being a big crybaby again with another ridiculous claim lol.

Donald Trump has called President Joe Biden an "enemy of the state" at his first rally since the FBI searched his Florida resort for sensitive files.
Speaking to thousands of supporters in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, the ex-president accused Mr Biden of weaponising the FBI against him.
The raid was "one of the most shocking abuses of power by any administration in American history", Mr Trump claimed.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
It's all going to have to play out in a grand scale of drama, drama, drama, everyday until our mid-terms elections and if the Dem's get a shellacking at mid-terms they will dig into their file box and keep at it for the 2024 presidential election, keeping everyone in an uproar.

News media delivery to the public is confounding because there are so many parts to each story and there are very few media outlets, both conservative and liberal leaning that are not biased, which is why I read the news from a multitude of news resources from major news (CNN Fox, Newsmax) networks to smaller niche networks and blogs to determine where the truth lies. No matter the effort though, it's still hard, which is why I'm just in a "wait, watch and observe" status quo.

The republicans are hopeful that Trump will rise above this and the democrats are hopeful to bury Trump. Who knows where this is going to go, but I'd really, really, really, like a break from the drama and more focus on the national and world issues at hand that to me are not getting the attention that American's and the British deserve, like right now, food, energy, health etc.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
I forgot to also add, I don't particularly watch the news as much as I read/scan the news daily. I find the drama just too much on all of the major news networks. I'd prefer the traditional way news use to be reported and that was "just reporting the news" without opinions. If I wanted opinions then I could watch one of the shows each network has and listen to them share opinions, but news reporting though, would be nice if it was just basic. Maybe I'm an odd duck, or just not part of this generation of ways of news reporting. Sometimes I'm behind the curve.:rolleyes:

Arantor

Interesting side note: former AG William Barr has come out in support of the FBI’s raid.

As someone who definitely seemed pro-Trump, this is an interesting development.

Back
Top Bottom