The Trump downfall thread

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
And so the dominoes continue to fall. :)

And thus, the dominoes began to fall. Willis’s generous terms to the cooperating witnesses – along with the growing number of testimonies that are now lined up on the prosecution’s side – seem to have incentivized other co-defendants in the Georgia case to flip.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Trump is so deluded, lol.

• Former Vice President Mike Pence has suspended his presidential run.
  • Trump called on Pence to endorse him and complained about "disloyal" people in politics.
  • Trump previously defended January 6 rioters who chanted "hang Mike Pence."
Former President Donald Trump complained about "disloyal" people in politics, as he called on his former Vice President Mike Pence to endorse him.

"People are leaving now, and they're all endorsing me. I don't know about Mike Pence. He should endorse me," Trump said at an event in Las Vegas on Saturday, CNN reported.

"Because I had a great, successful presidency, and he was the vice president, he should endorse me. I chose him, made him vice president. But people in politics can be very disloyal. I've never seen anything like it."

Mars

Staff Member

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This editorial is unfortunately spot on. I can't believe judge Sarah Wallace let Trump off the hook on a flimsy technicality. Was she planted by him by any chance?

A Colorado judge ruled last week that former President Donald Trump “engaged in an insurrection” on January 6, 2021, as defined by Section 3 of the US Constitution’s 14th Amendment. She didn’t disqualify Trump from the state’s ballot, however, finding that the “insurrectionist ban” in the 14th Amendment does not apply to US presidents.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
I've just found the official website which shows the precise wording of the 14th Amendment section 3, and as far as I can see, it absolutely does cover presidents:

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

I've even highlighted the specific words which cover it. So, if I can see it, how come a high powered judge who's an expert in American law (presumably), not see it?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This news article really shows what a piece of shit Trump really is. Why they don't just gag him again and stick him in jail for what he's done, I don't know. They all seem to be afraid of him to some extent because he's the ex-president and is in the lead to be the republican nominee. They'd have thrown the book at a regular Joe behaving like this - and I'm not the only one saying this, but political analysts, too. Ridiculous and unacceptable.

A flood of credible death threats and antisemitic messages have inundated the judge and court staff overseeing Donald Trump’s fraud trial in New York, according to the court’s top public safety officer.

Judge Arthur Engoron and his clerk received “hundreds of threats, disparaging and harassing comments and antisemitic messages” that followed the former president’s harassment, according to a court filing to support a gag order that blocks Mr Trump from attacking the court’s staff.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
People are at a whole new level of rage in the US. The New Year of 2024 will be an endless news cycle of Trump and those running for President.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Sounds like it's gonna be very tiresome, Tiffs. I'll bet there will be a lot here, too.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
So, the possibility of Trump dying before having a chance to become president again. Now, there's a thought... and I have been thinking it, lol. That would solve the problem nicely, wouldn't it?

Former President Donald Trump is far and away the Republican frontrunner heading into the 2024 election.

He is 77 years old and will be 78 in June.

If Trump dies while seeking reelection, a few different things could happen, depending on when he dies and how close it is to Election Day.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
So, the possibility of Trump dying before having a chance to become president again. Now, there's a thought... and I have been thinking it, lol. That would solve the problem nicely, wouldn't it?

Those are pretty messy rules if Trump died between certain campaign milestones. Personally, I don't think anyone from the Republican party will walk in to run under either of those circumstances though I can see a few of them making the appeal that they should be the nominee and why. I also don't really believe the polls either that Trump is well ahead. Just like the Republicans were supposed to have a red wave at the midterms, they flattened out, as I believe these polls are inflated to encourage people to stay home again and not vote, thinking Trump is covered by enough votes. Just a notion, based on a "feeling" and nothing more. I could very well be wrong.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
If it really happens like this, then it will be a hilarious almighty clusterfuck for Trump. I'll be there, ready with the popcorn for when it unfolds. :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure the calendar of events has been carefully scrutinized to cause maximum damage to Trump and the Republican party. I also think that Trump being in the lead in polls is just as false as when the Republicans were supposed to have a red wave during the mid-term election.
That is when, Dowd suggested, Republican 2024 front-runner Trump will be convicted — just before the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in July 2024.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
I'm sure the calendar of events has been carefully scrutinized to cause maximum damage to Trump and the Republican party. I also think that Trump being in the lead in polls is just as false as when the Republicans were supposed to have a red wave during the mid-term election.
The red wave was harmed by that leak (again well timed for maximum damage) from the Supreme Court over abortions, there is a belief amongst many young women that abortions up to end of third trimester are an absolute right.

It is odd that if a pregnant woman is murdered the murderer is charged with double homicide but some states allow abortion to 9 months.

Geffers

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
The red wave was harmed by that leak (again well timed for maximum damage) from the Supreme Court over abortions, there is a belief amongst many young women that abortions up to end of third trimester are an absolute right.

It is odd that if a pregnant woman is murdered the murderer is charged with double homicide but some states allow abortion to 9 months.

Geffers

The polarizing act of abortion is a very volatile issue in the states. Such a large divide and indeed by that obscure leak by SCOTUS, caused so much heat and divide among Americans. One of the main issues with American politics is the public school systems in all states fail to teach history without an agenda. Children grow up misunderstanding serious events on the national and world stage and their beliefs are unfortunately formed early, and a lot of times without parents that are interested in teaching the facts. This is where we are at now, this generation has been fully indoctrinated and their kids, as well.

I agree, it's odd the difference in laws between murder, homicide and abortion. If someone dies by some else's hand, is that not murder? The states that are allowing abortion at 9 months are without conscience and souls to allow that.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
The polarizing act of abortion is a very volatile issue in the states. Such a large divide and indeed by that obscure leak by SCOTUS, caused so much heat and divide among Americans. One of the main issues with American politics is the public school systems in all states fail to teach history without an agenda. Children grow up misunderstanding serious events on the national and world stage and their beliefs are unfortunately formed early, and a lot of times without parents that are interested in teaching the facts. This is where we are at now, this generation has been fully indoctrinated and their kids, as well.

I agree, it's odd the difference in laws between murder, homicide and abortion. If someone dies by some else's hand, is that not murder? The states that are allowing abortion at 9 months are without conscience and souls to allow that.
It is odd that even The Pope does not speak against that, especially as Biden and Pelosi are Catholics, but there again the Pope is now sacking Bishops who speak against him. Topsy turvy World.

Geffers

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
It is odd that even The Pope does not speak against that, especially as Biden and Pelosi are Catholics, but there again the Pope is now sacking Bishops who speak against him. Topsy turvy World.

Geffers
Biden, and Pelosi are Catholic by name only. I don't have any respect for Pope Francis and he shouldn't have fired that Texas Bishop. Francis has confused so many Catholics around the world and he has a global agenda too.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This is really bad. Not one of the attempts to remove this dangerous charlatan from the ballot has succeeded so far and I suspect that none of them will, because none of the judges have the guts to do it.

Heck, I read that legislation the other day and it absolutely does apply to presidents - what is the judge smoking? I posted about it here, too.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
There's a lot of "what's right is wrong" and "what's wrong is right" in the US. It's perplexing how the court systems are operating the past few years.

Back
Top Bottom