The Trump downfall thread

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
@Geffers I have to second what Astro What said. Add to that the fact that Trump is a convicted criminal and has committed other very serious crimes which he's strenuously tried to push the trials back past the election, he must be held accountable for them. This means a long prison sentence (likely effectively life at his age) and nowhere near the levers of power. I've made these points over and over to you, including that I saw that insurrection unfold in real time and saw just how he goaded his cult members into storming the Capitol building, but they fall on deaf ears unfortunately.

You can't say that he's allegedly done a whole load of good* things which absolves him of his crimes, including this one. Come on you're not stupid and you know that justice doesn't work like this, or every criminal would pull this trick time and time again and keep getting away with it.

In the Trump downfall thread you said to me:

Trump didn't push back the trial until after the election, the Judge did. Odd that is Judge that delays a case is viewed as suspicious but the Judges and District Attorneys that facilitate swift arranging of the trial so as to interfere with campaigning, that is deemed OK.

That's so naive and backwards. Judge Aileen Cannon was appointed by him and is clearly in his pocket with all the delaying tactics and weird decisions that she's making in the classified documents case. In fact, by now, it's enough to get her struck off the case and this is now overdue to happen.

I reckon Trump's paid her so much money to do this, that it's worthwhile her trashing her career to delay his trial at all costs. I believe that the corruption will eventually be exposed and she'll end up going to prison for it. You wait and see - Retro said it here first! :p

Here's what Glenn Kirschner, an expert legal guy has to say about this judge. Please try to watch it with an open mind. It's not the first video that he's made about this, either. In short, she's corrupt as hell and Glenn explains exactly why. That's not a conspiracy against Trump and Trump can't distance himself from it, either.

To clarify, the channel is actually called Brian Tyler Cohen which he's a frequent guest on for his extensive legal knowledge and analysis and is a guest here too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's a BBC article explaining her tactics from about a week ago, so you can see that two completely different sources are saying the same thing.

*Of course he's lying about that too and @Astro What has done some great debunking of those claims in the post above, so Trump doesn't even have "good deeds" to try and mitigate his crimes with, which he can't anyway as I explained.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Posts moved to here from the thread below. Let's please try to keep that one to presidential debates, if possible. I get that things overlap.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
The answer isn't clear, but the presenter goes through the possibilities. See what you think will happen after watching this.

He'll be sentenced on 11th July, so not long to wait now.

Astro What

One of the criticisms of Trump by Democrats is that he always lies.
Well, that's a major issue isn't it? If you can't trust the person in charge to tell you the truth, then you might as well be a mushroom.
And there are a LOT more criticisms of Trump by the Democrats than that. Your statement is an over-simplification of a wealth of points they disagree on.

Let's us suppose you are correct and blacks fell behind on poverty levels, is that a reason for the incredible hate levels directed at him?
There is no "suppose". There are documented statistics that show that.
They are not something that a MAGA leader pulls out of his flatulent posterior and presents as fact.
There is not "hate" for Trump because of that... there is a strong dislike of Trump because he never seems to be able to state the truth. It's always "all about Trump". There are a multitude of reasons that people dislike Trump. Most of them revolve around the fact that in their opinion he is a danger to the very democracy our country was founded upon. And if one takes his bombastic statements at face value (which is hard to do anyway since he lies constantly) then he would rather see us in a system more like Russia or North Vietnam or even China.
I'm sure he's comfortable with the theocratic rule of Iran also. Hell, his cult members already worship him as the "Chosen of God"... since he tries his damnedest to play Christian (but can't recite anything from the Bible that a man his age that purports to be as strong a Christian as he does should be able to). Hell, I doubt he could even recite the first several versions of the Lords Prayer without reviewing it like a show script for several days. And I can and I don't attend Church every time the doors are open. I also have several favorites scriptures that I try my best to abide by (which again, he couldn't tell what his favorite was, he liked "all of them"). Now let's not even get into liking the Old Testament or the New Testament better. To listen to his drivel, he would be more an Old Testament type guy, except nothing in it should apply to him.

As for inflation, I don't think for one moment inflation would have been as high under Trump, if any increase at all.
Can I have some of what you are smoking? ;)
I promise you that throughout the entire world there are MANY people smarter than Trump in power with either direct knowledge of economics or access to those that have a wider base of knowledge. And the ENTIRE WORLD had an issue with inflation. Trump didn't have some magic golden wand he could wave to protect the USA.
Remember.. this is a "fantastic businessman" that is so great, he's gone bankrupt 6 times and let's not even talk about the other business failures that did not result in bankruptcy but did in lawsuits from him stiffing folks.

The problem with fact checking is who is checking?
Numbers... remember, we aren't talking statistics, but actual numbers.

Question, why is Obama not hated?
Oh, he is by the MAGA faithful... because he didn't worship the way they want no did he do what they wanted done.

I think one of the major issues currently with the GOP and the MAGA idiots that are in charge of driving the bus off the ledge is the rank hypocrisy of them. I've never seen it in as strong display with ANY party in my 40+ years of voting as I currently do with the GOP.

Last edited:

Astro What

To clarify, the channel is actually called Brian Tyler Cohen which he's a frequent guest on for his extensive legal knowledge and analysis and is a guest here too.
Actually Glenn has his own channel also and is a commentator on several news networks. He's a VERY knowledgeable ex-prosecutor. He was a U.S. Army prosecutor, a former assistant U.S. Attorney in the office of the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia.... so he knows how the ropes work after 30 years of doing it.

I love watching BTC... and that's coming from a life-long Republican. If one can set their MAGA hat aside for a bit and actually listen to the data and research it, many would wake up to reality.

live627

As for inflation, I don't think for one moment inflation would have been as high under Trump, if any increase at all. The main inflationary reasons were, along with COVID, reduction in oil usage causing rise in gas and electric charges, I'm pretty convinced that Biden's disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal was the catalyst for the Ukraine invasion, another factor leading to inflation.
Meanwhile, the Federal Reserve is standing in a dark corner wearing trenchcoat and fedora, smoking a big fact cigar like a mob boss. This is the real reason for inflation. I'm not confident that Trump would be able to tame inflation.

It is the hate I find astounding
Yep, confusing, but I think I know why. He didn't allow a war against Iran, which the CIA never forgave him for. Since the media circus is a lapdog for the alphabet agencies, they have committed to smearing Trump at every turn. And people buy it hook line and sinker because they trust the media for some reason. Gullible fools.

Question, why is Obama not hated?
Similar to his predecessor, Obama does the bidding of his masters in the CIA, the same chain of command that Trump disobeyed. The actual people, mostly America First, dislike Obama , Clinton, Carter. Probably Bush, too.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
First time offender... probably a healthy fine and probation.
Alas, most likely. This will only embolden Trump to become an ever bigger troublemaker as he's seen to effectively evade the law when it comes to him. He really, really should get prison time as it's the only thing that will truly nail him. Here's hoping.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Actually Glenn has his own channel also and is a commentator on several news networks. He's a VERY knowledgeable ex-prosecutor. He was a U.S. Army prosecutor, a former assistant U.S. Attorney in the office of the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia.... so he knows how the ropes work after 30 years of doing it.

I love watching BTC... and that's coming from a life-long Republican. If one can set their MAGA hat aside for a bit and actually listen to the data and research it, many would wake up to reality.
Yeah, that's right. This guy really knows his stuff and I'm sure Trump supporters don't like him because he speaks the truth and very articulately, too.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Meanwhile, the Federal Reserve is standing in a dark corner wearing trenchcoat and fedora, smoking a big fact cigar like a mob boss. This is the real reason for inflation. I'm not confident that Trump would be able to tame inflation.

Yep, confusing, but I think I know why. He didn't allow a war against Iran, which the CIA never forgave him for. Since the media circus is a lapdog for the alphabet agencies, they have committed to smearing Trump at every turn. And people buy it hook line and sinker because they trust the media for some reason. Gullible fools.

Similar to his predecessor, Obama does the bidding of his masters in the CIA, the same chain of command that Trump disobeyed. The actual people, mostly America First, dislike Obama , Clinton, Carter. Probably Bush, too.
The media has a lot to answer for, social media in particular. The amount of people I have heard say that Trump told people to drink bleach to cure covid is amazing, sensible people too.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Justice delayed is justice denied. Here's a really huge, nasty example of this by the Supreme Court who are in Trump's pocket.

I'm sure the MAGA crowd is gonna be cheering at this decision. Turkeys voting for Christmas again.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Here's the justices opinion on how this ruling threatens the rule of law and democracy by elevating the president to the status of king who is above the law.

Just how bad this is cannot be overestimated.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Thinking about this, doesn't it mean that Biden can now have Trump bumped off as a threat to national security and not be prosecuted for it? The dissenting opinion makes this very point, but generalizes it to a political opponent.

Double edged sword, innit? ;)

@Geffers what do you think of this ruling now?

@Astro What what do you make of it?

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
@Geffers are you happy with the draconian provisions in Project 2025? This is the far-right document that will be actioned if Trump gets into power. I'd really like to know if you're happy with that.

Project 2025, the draconian plan supported by conservative groups to dismantle the government if Donald Trump is elected in November, was the talk of the Black Entertainment Television Awards on Sunday.

The plan, which includes everything from rolling back civil rights legislation to restricting contraception and abortion access, would effectively place the United States under authoritarian Christian nationalist rule and purge people from the government if they’re seen as disloyal to Trump. And despite all its horrors, recent reports suggest many people still don’t know about the plan.

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
It does amaze me that the left can see nothing wrong with finding an obscure law, twisted it to become a felony, changing the statute of limitations, getting an activist judge, who wasn’t in the rotation to preside over the trial and arranging it during an election year and that is all OK yet the Supreme Court votes 6-3 in favour of Presidential immunity and it becomes a political decision.

Even Alan Dershowitz, one of the most respected lawyers in US and who supported Biden over Trump, says the justice department has been used for political purposes.

A black police officer (and I only mention black because Trump is often accused of being racist and Biden reckons they ain't black if they don't vote Democrat) stated the following in relation to weaponising the legal system in US

Changed the statute of limitations in order to allow E. Jean Carroll to sue him.
Changed the charge to a felony for this bs Stormy Daniels case.
Didn’t have a victim for the Mar A Lago case because the bank said Trump did nothing wrong, but ruled against him anyway and charged him an unreasonable fine.
The flimsy “election interference” charge that would be immediately thrown out in any other court of law.

That is a police officer highlighting that.

Astro What

Changed the statute of limitations in order to allow E. Jean Carroll to sue him.
Sorry, incorrect statement. That was not done just for E. Jean Carroll. But that's a standard way that the MAGA supporters work. Take something and twist it to fit their narrative.
Survivors of sexual assault and advocates helped pass the Adult Survivors Act in New York that was instrumental to Carroll's civil case. That law followed a 2019 law that was similar, but dealt with victims of child sexual assault. But let us not let facts get in the way of reality.
Yes, she made use of it... as did many other women.
As has happened with many other people that have violated the law and had factors in play that "aggravated" the charges. Those aggravating factors elevate the crime from one level to another higher one. Not a new thing and those processes were in effect back when I got into law enforcement in the 1980's and even before that. Trump was not something "special" in that aspect.
As for "creative use" of the application of statutes? Again, not a new thing. I was seeing that done with laws back in the 90's. The prosecutor in the area I worked at was one of the first to start using a vehicle as a "weapon" when a DWI was involved in an accident that resulted in injury/death and allowed them to file higher level charges. This was before new laws were written that addressed those circumstances directly. Again, Trump was not something special in creative use of existing laws and their application.
I'm sure that if Stormy gave a detailed description of Trumps "private parts" that was accurate right down to any wart/mole/hair placement, the Trump supporters would be working on explaining that away also. She must have had a cabal secretly take photos of his privates in the toilet/bath while he was taking care of business and then studied them for years would be the most likely one.

Trump has the morals of an alley cat (and that's been shown time and time again), and if you watch him in that debate when he was hit with that accusation his body/facial actions were interesting. Have read some interesting positions from folks trained in interpretation of those type behaviors on what he was signaling (it's nice having access to certain resources even after these years out of law enforcement). Also the interrogation training I've gotten over the years led me to the similar conclusions that those positions reflected. It's funny what ones body can tell unless you are a mannequin.

Didn’t have a victim for the Mar A Lago case because the bank said Trump did nothing wrong, but ruled against him anyway and charged him an unreasonable fine.
Fraud crimes are typically like that. You may not have a specific "victim". It is some the the weirder aspects of the law that many are not aware of. You don't have to have a specific victim.
Case in point... I go down the road shooting my AR-15 up in the air. I get arrested. Guess what... there is no "specific victim" but the law still makes that behavior illegal. But again, we don't want to let facts get in the way of a good fantasy story line. :eek:

The flimsy “election interference” charge that would be immediately thrown out in any other court of law.
Apparently not... there are several jurisdictions that have trials upcoming dealing with the behaviors of others at Trump & Company behest during the election. And Trump and his actions are front and center in those charges, even though he is not (currently) being charged in them. But there sure are a lot of closely associated fall-guys tumbling down. But again, that is proven Trump pattern of action.

Last edited:

Geffers

Linux enthusiast
Sorry, incorrect statement. That was not done just for E. Jean Carroll. But that's a standard way that the MAGA supporters work. Take something and twist it to fit their narrative.
Survivors of sexual assault and advocates helped pass the Adult Survivors Act in New York that was instrumental to Carroll's civil case. That law followed a 2019 law that was similar, but dealt with victims of child sexual assault. But let us not let facts get in the way of reality.
Yes, she made use of it... as did many other women.

As has happened with many other people that have violated the law and had factors in play that "aggravated" the charges. Those aggravating factors elevate the crime from one level to another higher one. Not a new thing and those processes were in effect back when I got into law enforcement in the 1980's and even before that. Trump was not something "special" in that aspect.
As for "creative use" of the application of statutes? Again, not a new thing. I was seeing that done with laws back in the 90's. The prosecutor in the area I worked at was one of the first to start using a vehicle as a "weapon" when a DWI was involved in an accident that resulted in injury/death and allowed them to file higher level charges. This was before new laws were written that addressed those circumstances directly.
I'm sure that if Stormy gave a detailed description of Trumps "private parts" that was accurate right down to any wart/mole/hair placement, the Trump supporters would be working on explaining that away also. She must have had a cabal secretly take photos of his privates in the toilet/bath while he was taking care of business and then studied them for years would be the most likely one.

Trump has the morals of an alley cat (and that's been shown time and time again), and if you watch him in that debate when he was hit with that accusation his body actions were interesting. Have read some interesting positions from folks trained in interpretation of those type behaviors on what he was signaling (it's nice having access to certain resources even after these years out of law enforcement).

Fraud crimes are typically like that. You may not have a specific "victim". It is some the the weirder aspects of the law that many are not aware of. You don't have to have a specific victim.
Case in point... I go down the road shooting my AR-15 up in the air. I get arrested. Guess what... there is no "specific victim" but the law still makes that behavior illegal. But again, we don't want to let facts get in the way of a good fantasy story line. :eek:

Apparently not... there are several jurisdictions that have trials upcoming dealing with the behaviors of others at Trump & Company behest during the election. And Trump and his actions are front and center in those charges, even though he is not (currently) being charged in them.

I am merely quoting what a US Police Officer has said. Seems the Supreme Court has sided with the Presidential Immunity, 6-3 and not 5-4

As for morals of an alley cat guess it depends what news report one reads, for months we have been told by the left wing press that Biden was sharp as a knife, the projections were that Biden would comfortably deal with Trump. All was laid bare during the debate and the Biden supporters were shocked, Karine Jean-Pierre was suggesting videos that showed Biden is mentally unfit were fake, then the truth came out so I ask, maybe the same news outlets that were suggesting that Biden was sharp as a knife are the same news outlets that say Trump is an evil dangerous person with the morals of an alley cat.

Just my opiinion, same as it is just your opinion that the US police officer is wrong about the law.

Astro What

I am merely quoting what a US Police Officer has said. Seems the Supreme Court has sided with the Presidential Immunity, 6-3 and not 5-4
And I'm simply clarifying why he was full of shite in what he said.
It was quickly apparently that if your quotes were what he said were correct, he was "twisting" facts to fit his (and the Trump worshipper) narrative.

As for morals of an alley cat guess it depends what news report one reads,
Well, when you have that many folks reporting having sex with him while he was married, him having the number of "girlfriends/affairs" he did while married, and him bragging about being able to "grab 'em by the pussy" because he was a celebrity... doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what kind of person he is. It only takes a blind idiot to ignore it, which describes many of his cult followers. Trump is the classic hedonist.

Just my opiinion, same as it is just your opinion that the US police officer is wrong about the law.
No, sorry to say, but mine is NOT an opinion. I can show you actual laws and I can show you court cases of the implementation of those laws. That is NOT opinion but FACT that can be shown by documentation of the legal implementation of the laws as written.
What you referred to was that persons interpretation of what he/she thought how the law should be enforced in his/her opinion, not what the courts have determined that they are in their actual implementation. Just because someone does not agree with those actions does not make them "opinions" nor does it make them "wrong". Hell, every person convicted for drug possession crimes could cry that since they were convicted of a "victimless" crime, their conviction was "wrong" - and in fact many do and those arguments get kicked to the curb like they rightly should be. You see how stupid that argument actually is about "victimless crime"?
I gave you a VERY clear example of one aspect of a crime that did not require a victim to be a crime.... seems you conveniently overlooked that FACT and decided that it was an opinion.
Don't believe what folks tell you. Research the actual facts of the law and then determine historically how those laws have been implemented. You'll find that Trump and his cult members statements of "fact" are really statements that are BS when it comes to factually confirming them.
As I commented, starting back in the early 80's I watched as prosecutors became more creative in the application of existing law. It's not something that was new and happened just because of Trump, although he would LOVE people to believe so because it enforces his "I'm a victim" whine that he has going on.

That's like I don't agree with what the SC determined about Presidential immunity.. but currently they determine the LAW of the land, and they have determined that pretty much any official act while in office cannot be prosecuted, so now if Biden wants to have the DOJ do what Trump has accused him of, he's protected from any action... all thanks to Trump. In fact, the cry of Trump about locking Biden up is now protected from any action... again, all thanks to Trump. :ROFLMAO:
Or, at least it is until clarification from the SC comes out or the SC Justices change their mind again on how the law should be interpreted.

Now, once more I'll mention that I've been voting Republican for over 40 years... and am a strong Conservative. But what Trump and his fellow idiots are doing to the party is ultimately killing it. They have brought the GOP down to the same level (if not lower) than the Democratic party historically has been. So we now have two parties that are dumpster fires instead of one.

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
This awful Supreme Court decision is a double edged sword since Biden can now assassinate Trump as he's a theat to national security. Or just disqualify him, or many other things that neutralise the Trump threat.

I'd just love it if this new found immunity were to bite him in the ass lol.

Astro What

That fearmongering rubbish is why I stopped listening to that show.
Which show?
BTC? If so, I've not really seen any "fear mongering rubbish" and that's from a died in the wool conservative.
Generally he has data to back up his points (unlike some from the other side of the aisle that uses bombast to try to prove points).
I don't agree with may of his stances, but his points are well researched.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
That fearmongering rubbish is why I stopped listening to that show.
Yes, please do watch that video I posted. You gotta admit that Trump just handed Biden (or his replacement) the power to kill him, or otherwise neutralise him from the presidential race. An unintended consequence, perhaps? This is the point the video makes and is unarguable, you'll agree.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Now it's becoming really imperative that Trump is prevented from becoming president again. This is really shocking news.

In the process of granting former President Donald Trump immunity for at least some of his actions between Election Day 2020 and Jan. 6, 2021, the Supreme Court’s sweeping decision also provided a stamp of approval for one of the most dangerous parts of Trump’s second-term agenda: payback. In doing so, the justices rolled back one of the key post-Watergate reforms preventing presidents from abusing their vast power, freeing Trump, if he’s re-elected, to use the Department of Justice as his personal weapon.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
It does amaze me that the left can see nothing wrong with finding an obscure law, twisted it to become a felony, changing the statute of limitations, getting an activist judge, who wasn’t in the rotation to preside over the trial and arranging it during an election year and that is all OK yet the Supreme Court votes 6-3 in favour of Presidential immunity and it becomes a political decision.

Even Alan Dershowitz, one of the most respected lawyers in US and who supported Biden over Trump, says the justice department has been used for political purposes.

A black police officer (and I only mention black because Trump is often accused of being racist and Biden reckons they ain't black if they don't vote Democrat) stated the following in relation to weaponising the legal system in US

That is a police officer highlighting that.

Again you write an awful lot of falsehoods*. The actual twist is that much of what you cite as Democrats doing are actually Trump and his cronies, especially in the Supreme Court, plain as day.

In general terms, it's typical for a wrongdoer, criminal, bully etc to project their own wrongdoings onto their victims, claiming it's them doing it and happens every single fucking time, in fact. It's called gaslighting, I see it everywhere that harm is done, not just here, and it's beyond annoying.

I see that @Astro What has done a lot of detailed debunking of your claims too, but it's not helping as you're so far down that rabbit hole that you can't see what's right in front of you and just continue to deny and twist everything.

Again it's not a matter of me winning if the Democrats win and you winning if Trump wins, since if Trump does then we both lose. If the Democrats win, I'll be relieved for you too since you're my friend with good intentions and I don't want any harm to come to you either, no matter how misguided you may be.

You also haven't answered my question about Project 2025. We both know it's a horror story that will come to pass if Trump wins, so to avoid conceding it no wonder you ignore it. I'd like that reply, if you please would.

In fact, with these Trump discussions, when have you ever conceded a single point about Trump, however small? Like never. For you, the sun shines out of your cult leader's ass. It's embarrassing. Sorry for the strong, direct language, but it's exasperating to have you say these same falsehoods over and over again no matter what and dodging hard questions, driving the conversation round in endless circles.

*I use the word falsehoods rather than lies, because I know you're not intentionally lying to me since you genuinely believe these false things rather than trying to deceive me. People can say a lot of false and wrong things, all without lying, by being misguided and / or not wanting to see the truth about something. A liar is someone like Trump, Boris Johnson, or many in the tory party, especially the ministers. Thankfully, they're all gonna get voted out today and I know we're on the same side on that one. Can't wait.

live627

Which show?
that show thast @Retro linked to.

please do watch that video
oh I did, but I still feel like some important context is missing. I think the SCOTUS merely reaffirmed something already in place.

I just Googled it.

The Constitution doesn't directly discuss presidential immunity from criminal or civil lawsuits. Instead, this privilege has developed over time through the Supreme Court's interpretation of Article II, Section 2, Clause 3:
The President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate, by granting Commissions which shall expire at the End of their next Session.
The idea of presidential immunity gained significant media attention in recent years, as former officials from the Trump administration were subpoenaed in investigations by Congress. But, this legal doctrine dates back to the 1860s.

Frequently Asked Questions​

The President is immune from civil liability absolutely for suits arising from actions relating to official duties. This includes all acts in the "outer perimeter" of those duties. However, the President is not immune from actions arising from unofficial conduct.

The courts have not yet ruled whether immunity extends to ex-presidents for actions taken in the "outer perimeter" of their official conduct while in office. However, as with a sitting president, a former president will not be immune from actions arising from unofficial conduct while in office, conduct occurring prior to entering office and conduct occurring after leaving office.

Presidential immunity covers actions relating to the official duties of the President, including those in the "outer perimeter" of those duties. Immunity does not extend to unofficial conduct, criminal conduct, and conduct occurring prior to entering office.

So, back to that video. Could Biden terminate Trump and try to pass it off as "official"? Sure,, but there absolutely WILL be lawsuits.

Back
Top Bottom