Tories: the party of fiscal prudence? Over £50b wasted proves they're not

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Anyone who thinks that the tories are the party of fiscal prudence should watch this video. Besides the permanent and continuing damage from brexit, financial and otherwise, they've been wasting something like £50 billion+ of taxpayer's money in fraud and other things. And that's under Rishi Sunak's watch, too. Don't let them get away with it at the next general election, vote Labour and finally get them out.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Crims

Wethermon
Well to be honest, it's not like anyone reasonable reads the Daily Mail and believes the tories.
I know Brexiteers who only chose the Tories because Labour went full remain
Though to be honest if you're looking for a leader, you could examine the political issues yourself. It's certainly not intelligent to commit... when Kier Starmer keeps making up lies.

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
In what way is Starmer lying?

Regardless, the tories have to be pushed out for all the corruption and harm that they've done and continue to do.

Believe me, I'm not starry eyed about Labour either.

Crims

Wethermon
In what way is Starmer lying?

Regardless, the tories have to be pushed out for all the corruption and harm that they've done and continue to do.

Believe me, I'm not starry eyed about Labour either.
He has a statement recently, that says that if you're not for him then you're not committed against the Tories. Farcical.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Oh that one. Well, who else is gonna beat them? I think that's the context.

I wouldn't have phrased it like that though.

Crims

Wethermon
Oh that one. Well, who else is gonna beat them? I think that's the context.

I wouldn't have phrased it like that though.
I'm not invested. I have no interest in the affairs of our elite.
edit: rereading my comment, I've noticed that the brexiteers sound kind of like outlaws. I'm curious what you think.

Last edited:

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
edit: rereading my comment, I've noticed that the brexiteers sound kind of like outlaws. I'm curious what you think.

The leavers are what got us into this mess, so should be pushed out and marginalised as much as possible. I guess you could classify them as outlows wrecking the system for everybody else.

I'm not talking about the general population here, but the politicians and especially the likes of Farage who were instrumental in foisting this abomination onto our country.

Check out this new video released just hours ago on how a Labour government could help us to get back into the EU.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Crims

Wethermon
I'm not talking about the general population here, but the politicians and especially the likes of Farage who were instrumental in foisting this abomination onto our country.

Check out this new video released just hours ago on how a Labour government could help us to get back into the EU.
I'm speaking of the general population. There's no point pretending that the government hasn't screwed the UK to hell. Classism is the key viewpoint. Maybe it's my hipster area in London, though I see basically nothing logical from the arguments.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Nah, the general population have just been led by the nose into voting against their own interests. I should add that the right wing media and their propaganda have got a lot to answer for, here.

Classism is why London is the same viewpoint as you.
I don't quite understand that. Do you mean I've been hoodwinked somehow? Or do I have that backwards?

Crims

Wethermon
The government tells London one thing, and the rest of the country, another. London believes the rest of the country is reliant on them, and the rest of the country... I see both sides fail to see both sides.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Oh yeah, that's true. I doubt Labour would be this two-faced.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
They're not a bad choice as far as policies go and they're the most pro EU party by far, but they've got such a small share of the vote that voting them, in most cases, is a vote for the tories. It's a real catch-22 and is where tactical voting comes in.

Proportional representation would really help to run the country in a more balanced way rather than giving any one party a monopoly on power for a set time as first past the post does. The EU parliament is proportional representation for example and works quite well because of it.

Crims

Wethermon
They're not a bad choice as far as policies go and they're the most pro EU party by far, but they've got such a small share of the vote that voting them, in most cases, is a vote for the tories. It's a real catch-22 and is where tactical voting comes in.
I wouldn't trust someone staunchly Tory or Labour for politics.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Sounds like you're in favour of proportional representation then?

Back
Top Bottom