Turns out semaglutide is a wonder drug for fighting many diseases

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Turns out that semaglutide offers benefits beyond just treating diabetes and obesity, but helps to fight many diseases, so could end up being prescribed on the NHS to people without these conditions.

It has been eight years since weight-loss drug Ozempic hit the market, while Wegovy surfaced in 2021. Since then many reports have been written about the wider health benefits of the so called wonder drugs.

Ozempic and Wegovy, which contain a medication called semaglutide, are manufactured by Novo Nordisk. Both drugs can be used by those with type 2 diabetes to help aid weight loss and manage blood sugar levels. However, Wegovy has since been approved in the UK to aid weight loss in those without diabetes. Since their launch, the pharma giant has seen a boom in profits, and it isn’t surprising to see why.

Research published this week claimed the drug, could slow down ageing and has “far-reaching benefits” beyond what was originally imagined.

Crims

Wethermon
Neat! Lol @ Fountain of youth. I'm usually skeptical of weight loss techniques, though the UK has a clear need for these - a few people in my family have need for this. It's a drug that if not specifically then refers to a need we all have.

Tiffany

Web Diva
Staff Member
Nice article and very true... if you bring down your insulin levels and control inflammation, that is really the key to living a longer life. I'm glad to hear your NHS is moving forward positively to provide this drug to many that can benefit from it in so many ways.

Back
Top Bottom