Kung Fu (Re)Master - AKA Devil's Temple for the Amiga

HEXdidnt

Here's a weird one: I probably would never have played Kung Fu Master were it not for the game appearing in the Computer Warrior story in Eagle many moons ago. I'd never seen the arcade version at that point but, as was so often the case in those days, the home conversions were on the shelves before any reviews appeared. The Spectrum version is possibly one of the worst arcade conversions thanks to its bland, colour-clash-tastic graphics and ear-shredding interrupt-driven in-game 'music'.

However, a fellow named Graeme Cowie started porting the arcade game to the Amiga, with the first videos uploaded to YouTube back in August of this year. Since then, the project has evolved into a remaster, with wholly new graphics (albeit derivative of some other arcade games, including Renegade, Double Dragon and Vigilante) and additional levels.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks pretty cool... though I kinda prefer the original arcade port version.

Same guy is/was working on Rolling Thunder too.

Last edited:

HEXdidnt

Latest update on this fascinating Amiga project:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's looking really good... but it's just not Kung Fu Master anymore and, personally, I'd have preferred something closer to the arcade game. From a legal standpoint, I can understand why some changes have drifted in, but when an arcade port is first presented - and is clearly feasible on the Amiga - an arcade port is what I want to see.

Back
Top Bottom