The Brexit Thread

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
As you said, brexit is a cult, and it is nigh on impossible to make a cult follower see reality beyond the dictates of their cult.
BUT, what is happening here, is actually worse! The idiots brought the disaster called 'brexit' upon themselves, now they are wallowing in crap, but will NEVER admit it.

I do not trust any political party to take us back into Europe.
I find it very telling that dear mr starmer is schtum about it as well; he talks about strengthening ties with the EU, but never really comes out and admits to the horrible damage inflicted on this country due to brexit.
OK I understand, he does not want to lose votes....lame excuse.
No, I do not believe he will mend the broken NHS; he promises....promises are cheap and easy.

What is happening with the shortage of medicines is beyond disgrace; in fact, it borders on the criminal.
It is a chance for an opposition leader, especially a Labour leader, to point out how vital it is that we rejoin the EU, how brexit is an almighty disaster that may cause people's death; but he does not.

Yeah, I guess this is politics; obviously a politician I am not.
Yeah, it's a cult alright.

And I agree that Starmer shouldn't have ruled out rejoining - again, as I've said before, what's he doing facilitating a tory brexit?! It wasn't the Labour party's idea, was it? So why so keen on it? What aren't we being told?

In recent interviews he nauseatingly continues to pander to it by claiming that the result of the referendum should be respected. And this is coming from an ex lawyer who knows very well that a new referendum can be had on it and that the decisions of previous parliaments can be reversed, all perfectly legally. And he also knows the lies and deceit used to secure that disastrous vote.

In fact, during the ITV leaders' debate the other day, when each of the leaders were asked if they would consider rejoing the EU, your favourite shadow deputy leader, Angela Rayner, said "no", with no elaboration, in stark difference to how much she elaborated and justified her reasoning on other issues. However, Stephen Flynn of the SNP said he would back Scotland rejoining the EU and he got a standing ovation from the audience for it!

This matches lots of recent polls which show that the UK population as a whole is turning away from brexit, so why does Starmer continue to unwaveringly back it? What aren't we being told? I can only hope that he won't actually be so anti rejoining once in power, but I'm not holding my breath given how he's so solidly against doing so now. As you say, a lame excuse.

And the medicines scandal, well yeah, it's totally criminal and why didn't Starmer press this point home against the tories? I guess because it would go against his "make brexit work" mantra, would show it up for the lie that it is.

Yeah, I'm anti tory, not so much pro Labour. It's just that the only way to finally get rid of the tories who foisted brexit on us and have done so much other harm too is to replace them with Labour. Hardly ideal, but it's a step in the right direction and it now looks increasingly likely that they'll win by a landslide. I'm not sure that's a good thing either and might even put Reform UK into opposition with Farage as they're leader. Awful scenario, isn't it? On 4th July we'll see what happens, not long now.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
@Mars just discovered this great video by YouTuber Michael Lambert, an older gentleman who skewers Starmer's "make brexit work" mantra, articulately showing it up for the hypocritical lie that it is. It's a bit long at almost 21 minutes, so watching it with a cuppa in hand is recommended. Check it out.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mars

Yeah, it's a cult alright.

And I agree that Starmer shouldn't have ruled out rejoining - again, as I've said before, what's he doing facilitating a tory brexit?! It wasn't the Labour party's idea, was it? So why so keen on it? What aren't we being told?

In recent interviews he nauseatingly continues to pander to it by claiming that the result of the referendum should be respected. And this is coming from an ex lawyer who knows very well that a new referendum can be had on it and that the decisions of previous parliaments can be reversed, all perfectly legally. And he also knows the lies and deceit used to secure that disastrous vote.

In fact, during the ITV leaders' debate the other day, when each of the leaders were asked if they would consider rejoing the EU, your favourite shadow deputy leader, Angela Rayner, said "no", with no elaboration, in stark difference to how much she elaborated and justified her reasoning on other issues. However, Stephen Flynn of the SNP said he would back Scotland rejoining the EU and he got a standing ovation from the audience for it!

This matches lots of recent polls which show that the UK population as a whole is turning away from brexit, so why does Starmer continue to unwaveringly back it? What aren't we being told? I can only hope that he won't actually be so anti rejoining once in power, but I'm not holding my breath given how he's so solidly against doing so now. As you say, a lame excuse.

And the medicines scandal, well yeah, it's totally criminal and why didn't Starmer press this point home against the tories? I guess because it would go against his "make brexit work" mantra, would show it up for the lie that it is.

Yeah, I'm anti tory, not so much pro Labour. It's just that the only way to finally get rid of the tories who foisted brexit on us and have done so much other harm too is to replace them with Labour. Hardly ideal, but it's a step in the right direction and it now looks increasingly likely that they'll win by a landslide. I'm not sure that's a good thing either and might even put Reform UK into opposition with Farage as they're leader. Awful scenario, isn't it? On 4th July we'll see what happens, not long now.
What you said about the possible Labour win echoes my feeling exactly, him and Farage, it will be an unmitigated disaster, it makes me sick to my stomach, it really does.
I saw the ITV leaders' debate you have mentioned, no surprises there. A very cold wind is blowing.....
'Punishing' the tories for inflicting brexit on us, will be a very short lived and shortsighted satisfaction.

Stramer is a matriculated liar, Sunak is not.

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
No, the tories have to go for brexit and all the other corruption. I wasn't making a case for keeping them and I don't think Labour will be as bad.

Mars

@Mars just discovered this great video by YouTuber Michael Lambert, an older gentleman who skewers Starmer's "make brexit work" mantra, articulately showing it up for the hypocritical lie that it is. It's a bit long at almost 21 minutes, so watching it with a cuppa in hand is recommended. Check it out.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I will, thanks; at the moment just the mention of this hypocrite makes me puke

Retro

Founder
Staff Member
Hey, waddya know, most British people have had enough of brexit and wanna get back into the EU sooner rather than later, so come on Starmer, enough with the "make brexit work" mantra that you keep spouting and that we're not rejoining not now, not ever. Let's hope that you've only been saying it to get elected and that you'll do the right thing once in power. Not holding my breath.

A clear majority of voters want the next government to take the UK back into the European Union, according to a new poll.

The Techne survey for Independent Media showed 43% in favour of rejoining the bloc, compared with 40% who want to stay out.

But once the 18% who say they don’t know are taken out, 52% back EU membership with 48% opposing it - a complete reversal of the 2016 Brexit referendum result.

The findings are significant because, unlike other polls, they suggest most voters want to go back into the EU as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom